Lower Lot Redesign | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here would be a question...where would the new tram route be then in your predictions?
I would think the tram would skip the front lot portion of the tour and go straight to the back lot.

Tram%20route.png

I would think the tram would skip the front lot portion of the tour and go straight to the back lot.

Tram%20route.png
I don't agree with most of your thoughts on the layout of the lower lot, but this image was the only idea I could come up with for Hogwarts Express. The reason I don't see us getting HE is because this hill where your red line travels is very steep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see a possible removal of Jurassic Cafe, as well as a rework of the Jurassic park queue. But I don't see why the ride itself will need to be removed.

Another point I would like to make is that I don't think stage 28 and the CSI stages are for Nintendo. Stage 28 was demolished before Universal made an agreement with NIntendo. I think Universal already had plans for the area well before this Nintendo agreement came about.. Whatever is going into this area will probably start construction soon. This Nintendo agreement is so new that there would still need to be a lot r&d to be done before they can start building anything Nintendo related. I think Nintendo will eventually come, but in different location sometime after the project at the CSI soundstages.

Another point I would like to make is that I don't think stage 28 and the CSI stages are for Nintendo. Stage 28 was demolished before Universal made an agreement with NIntendo. I think Universal already had plans for the area well before this Nintendo agreement came about..
It's possible that they demolished it without a specific replacement in mind just yet. It's clear that they've been planning on shifting focus on expanding the Lower Lot for quite some time, so I wouldn't be surprised if Stage 28's demolition wasn't for any particular successor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stylowtrix
I could see a possible removal of Jurassic Cafe, as well as a rework of the Jurassic park queue. But I don't see why the ride itself will need to be removed.

Another point I would like to make is that I don't think stage 28 and the CSI stages are for Nintendo. Stage 28 was demolished before Universal made an agreement with NIntendo. I think Universal already had plans for the area well before this Nintendo agreement came about.. Whatever is going into this area will probably start construction soon. This Nintendo agreement is so new that there would still need to be a lot r&d to be done before they can start building anything Nintendo related. I think Nintendo will eventually come, but in different location sometime after the project at the CSI soundstages.
That's not exactly true. These agreements between companies are not last second little hand shakes. They're sometimes years in the making. Just because the agreement with Nintendo was just recently announced publicly, doesn't mean that Universal and Nintendo weren't already in talks or already made the agreement many many months ago.

For Stage 28, I don't believe Universal has had any concrete plans for the lot. They're just thinking ahead and annexed the land for future park use.

It's all about planning. Especially here in California Universal and Disney have to jump at any opportunity to aquire land for expansion, whether they have current plans or not. Having the land empty and ready also helps expedite everything once they're ready.

But depending how long Universal and Nintendo have been in negotiations for a deal, they could've had some spots in mind, but regardless, Universal has been planning to take over some sound stages for a while now.

I agree that Nintendo could be very far off before we see anything...Possibly 2019.

However, Stage 28 sounds like it was about to fall over and it needed to be removed because it was unsafe.

Given the success of Jurassic World at the box office, what do you guys think about an expansion of the Jurassic theme in the lower lot? 

Screamscape is reporting the USJ Jurassic roller coaster will be a B&M Flyer. Wouldn't it be amazing if a launched flyer replaced Mummy and utilized the adjacent hillside? Possibly diving under and over the Starway??

http://screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_japan.htm

Like, honestly, there's no way Universal could go wrong with that! Knotts was able to completely update two of their classic rides with new figures and effects and they've both been huge hits and lots of guests visited just for that. Same thing with Disney, their recent large upgrades have been very well received.

Like, if Universal was able to have a massive campaign 10 years ago for "Now Wetter Than Ever!", they can have an even cooler and bigger marketing campaign advertising a completely updated River Adventure that's "Now More Real Than Ever! If you think Jurassic World was a monster of a movie, it's nothing compared to the newly updated Jurassic Park River Adventure! You'll wish it was just a movie!"

Update the animatronics to be super realistic, add a few new props/new animatronics and projection mapped effects that subtly tie it into Jurassic World, and...bingo! Dino DNA!

Like, with them advertising the ride more right now, it's especially embarrassing when the guests see it in person.