Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

If anything, I'm surprised they didn't make the building taller like what they did for Transformers. I'm sure that would have made a dramatic difference in the ride experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see them redoing the indoor queue, but it could've been done so much better. Look at the Indiana Jones queue. It's so detailed....Anyways, i personally wish that they could retheme the entire outside of the building to not look like a soundstage. Im not saying enclose it in a pyramid facade, but the walls should be better themed and they should enclose the whole outdoor queue.
I actually like the studio sound stage feel of the lower lot but I do think that once you are in the queue you should begin to be more immersed into the ride's theme.

Yeah Jon, if they made the building taller yet use the existing outer walls as a starting point like Transformers did with the backdraft and SES buildings, I'm sure we could've had something on the level of Orlando's Mummy. Although this was done during GE's regime, so it's no wonder, right?

And yeah, i kinda like the studio feel too of the lower lot, but there's a difference between "studio" feel and just being cheap. Universal could've themed the Mummy queue on the outside more or enclose the outdoor queue. Or they could've added studio equipment props around the Mummy.

Thing is, one thing i don't like about USH is though even though we get amazing things usually, almost most of the time Universal doesn't go above and beyond. Examples? Our whole Mummy ride, Transformers facade, etc. Little things like that can make a difference.

Oh I agree. Have you seen the exterior of what the Transformers ride will look like in Orlando? It doesn't seem like it would be hard for them to have done that at least to the front sides for us.

Oh I agree. Have you seen the exterior of what the Transformers ride will look like in Orlando? It doesn't seem like it would be hard for them to have done that at least to the front sides for us.
They are going to have murals 360 degrees, so all of the walls are going to be painted, i hope they have a military style facade.

What I've been told the reason for the mural was to attract attention towards the new ride, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly to save a buck.
Both, I'm willing to bet. At least that was the case for Terminator and Simpsons. Cheap and "eye-catching."

I'd also like to see the concept art for USF's mural.

And I'm sorry, that's such BS. You can have eye catching and not got cheap. That's like having a giant mural of Hogwarts castle over Forbidden Journey. Sure...eye catching. But you can tell it's cheap.

Let's not even talk about that. Just the possibility of that makes me queasy haha
They're going to make it "EXPLOSIVE!" LOL.

Yeah Jon, if they made the building taller yet use the existing outer walls as a starting point like Transformers did with the backdraft and SES buildings, I'm sure we could've had something on the level of Orlando's Mummy. Although this was done during GE's regime, so it's no wonder, right?
General Electric had just bought Universal at the time, so no. I don't think GE changed anything drastically - if they had the chance at all.

And I'm sorry, that's such BS. You can have eye catching and not got cheap.
Obviously. But the notion here is that Universal wasn't willing to spend the dough.

This post is assuming that Universal can go on an LA Dodgers-esque spending spree.

Retheme the Mummy to fit the 2014 reboot. It won't take much, just change the videos and add some outside theming. 

Tear down Panda Express & Universal experience for a Jurassic Park extension considering the new film is coming next year, maybe another dark ride akin to ET, or a new show like Backdraft/Twister.

Gut the arcade and relocated Universal Experience to that building, I never got the excitement of having arcades at a theme park, those things can be found in almost any city, why waste your time going to one in a theme park?

^ Totally agree with all that!

On a side note, in my experience, Lucy: A Tribute was always far more popular than Universal Experience. Yes, there's new rotating props and costumes occasionally, but i remember Lucy: A Tribute always having quite a few people more than the current experience. People would sit down, watch the I Love Lucy clips, see her historic costumes, etc. I really miss it :/

THAT would be amazing and actually perfect! Wasn't a part of that Store's interior dedicated to Lucy before Betty Boop evicted her? Speaking of, remember when Betty Boop was a park character??? Good times.

Honestly though, Lucy's popularity will never die. She's like Marilyn Monroe in that she has an immense following, everyone knows and loves her greatly, she's an American icon, and her shows and movies are STILL watched. People always visited Lucy A Tribute. I wish we'd get it back.

Do Marilyn and Lucy still have that alternating Meet and Greet by the Universal Studio Store by the entrance? It was the one with the director/actor chairs and a fake camera, etc.

Also, the Lucy i met on new years eve was AMAZING. She was so good at being the essence of Lucy! We chatted a while!

The Lucy I meet on New York Street often is an older woman, probably in her mid 40s if I had to guess. She's just so perfect in her character and honestly she humbles me. To embody the spirit of your character that well, to make me really feel like I AM talking to Lucille Ball from beyond, that is remarkable. A legacy like that deserves a tribute. I'm sad that the tribute is gone now that I'm old enough to fully appreciate it. 

No more rides for this area, 3 with not 1 show already and on slow days this place is empty. Whats needed now is a great new show. Remove panda and UE(relocate) and place a great 15 min show that will hold crowds(kinda like shrek). Indoor would be better build up as Universal has no other option in this area and make flow easier. Between Panda(restaurant, Kitchen and setting area front and back) and Universal Experience you have a descent amount of space.

Though i do like all the current changes that were made. Ex Mummy Lockers, flattening of road and side walk, additional snack areas at mummy and transformers and photo op areas.