Lower Lot Redesign | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something caught my eye on what kind of attraction could go here. Here is a list of rides the use Imax tech. I was looking into something using Omnimax 3D (similar to Simpsons) Add some D-Box motion seats(which im still shocked arnt used in more theme parks and theaters) http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-imax-based-rides Dont know what property could be used.
I've heard of D-Box, they use it at my local movie theater/

Universal lower lot could do with better theming while keeping it looking like a soundstage. I mean seriously, couldnt you add at least a few more trees near the Jurassic Park the Ride to make it look more like, Jurassic?

Reactions: Zacharygof
If it were up to me, I'd either enhance the existing themeing of all the current rides and ride buildings (make the Mummy building like it is in Singapore and all Egyptian, etc) or I'd seriously enhance the "hot set/backlot" feel and make the theme of the backlot be that Jurassic Park, Transformers, and Mummy are three movies being filmed. And I'd enhance the lower lot with lots of film equipment and rigs and director chairs and "cameras" and other things to make it seem like an active backlot. I'd also add walk around film maker characters, as well as the characters from the films.

I think Mummy should be removed to create a larger footprint to start an all new theme in the lower lot.  Also, the theme park should buy Stage 28 and use it for seasonal venues instead of re-themeing existing areas within the park.  Imagine Grinchmas indoors!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve
I think Mummy should be removed to create a larger footprint to start an all new theme in the lower lot. Also, the theme park should buy Stage 28 and use it for seasonal venues instead of re-themeing existing areas within the park. Imagine Grinchmas indoors!
Couldn't they purchase the golf coarse up north, considering it is nearby and that the mummy is a fan favorite. I mean, a golf course can be fun, but kinda a waste of space, considering that most of it is flat ground just to hit a tiny ball around. It is also about the same size as the Upper and Lower lot of the park, excluding the Backlot.As well as that, they can have an underground Hogwarts Express transporting underneath the Backlot and the river, allowing a larger expanse to the Harry Potter Universe and as well as more place for attractions.

No more rides for this area, 3 with not 1 show already and on slow days this place is empty. Whats needed now is a great new show. Remove panda and UE(relocate) and place a great 15 min show that will hold crowds(kinda like shrek). Indoor would be better build up as Universal has no other option in this area and make flow easier. Between Panda(restaurant, Kitchen and setting area front and back) and Universal Experience you have a descent amount of space.
Maybe a show that is outdoors that will attract attention. Add a stage, and maybe relocate a show into there, something more adventure like. I was going to say King Kong, but what kinda show would that be. I'm just trying to keep all the adventure kinda themed places on the lower lot, considering most of the things down there are kinda in the Adventure genre.

Reactions: DrKevin
not the golf course theory again.... Ok. I do love the idea of buying 28 for Seasonal events (It'd also add another HHN venue too) Get rid of Mummy and the soundstage above it (right next to Transformers) for a new expansion insisting of the new Tram loading Dock as lord knows it will be re-located eventually (not soon but later down road), New family rides (maybe a area based on a IP; Coraline, SpongeBob to name a few), add a new family coaster *small like Hippogriff, really themed well and maybe something unique (Spinner by Mack should do trick)*, Have a new Ampatheatre for a live show that's small but big enough, have a new focus on immersion into area, redo the Jurassic park/Transformers street to make it into Mini-lands with Transformers looking like the Dark of the Moon and Jurassic Park getting more details to its area (Small family ride), and have it feel like something new and unique from any other Universal park, don't have a lagoon stretching around it, don't have a big Soundstage taking over the area. Just make something for everyone, especially more a family focus as you can have a big dark ride *like the Coraline IP* and have a new focus as you need to mix the familys and the locals in a great way. But that's just me on this touchy subject.

Building underground Hogwarts Express would be so expensive that it will eat the profits the land could posibly generate. I strongly disagree with making in more "hot set" environment. We already have the studio tour, which is an actual movie studio tour. Take that Studio wannabes (yes, you, I am looking at you, hey don't turn your head, yes you, Disney I was looking at you) You get to wander around an actual movie studio for almost an hour. The other parts of the park I think are better if they are themed properly. We have to accept that a cohesive theme would be awesome, but we have a collection of misfit attractions. The park was conceived like that, well I wouldn't say conceived, but it was built like that, with a "mmm I think this attraction would be cool, mmmm here, yeap, right there" We don't have the blessing of size so themed areas are a bit difficult to pull off here. The only exception will be Potter, and I wouldn't count Simpsons since it's a second-rate attraction that will have an amazing collection of... restaurants. BUT showbuildings should be themed better. Mummy has endless possibilities to theme that showbuilding, add more props and make it's queue a one-of-a-kind experience, like Indiana Jones' queue (well not exactly like, since no one has been able to replicate the magic of that queue, not even Disney). Maybe with a massive rehaul of the whole ride. Make the showbuilding bigger to take up the extended queue, making a longer attraction and have the queue go underneath it and theme the hell out of it... all the queue would be covered. Jeez I am salivating.Second, add a lot more tress for JP. Rehaul the entire queue. Al least try to make it look like wood like Orlando's. Theme better that area. Adding more trees wouldn't hurt anybody right? The ride itself, well, we are hurting with the current state of it, so it's needless to say that it needs urgent love. Transformes needs a slight repaint and small additions to the showbuilding and  a giant Optimus Prime on the top of the entrance. Animatronic would be nice. Overall I do think the lower lot can and should look better, but the hot set vibe just doesn't sit right with me. Once again, we are blessed with  a tour of an actual movie studio...

^^

I'd disagree on Optimus and have Megatron instead for Diversity.

... Why does the Diagon Alley topic never go away.. I think we'll see what happens in 2016.

^^

I'd disagree on Optimus and have Megatron instead for Diversity.

... Why does the Diagon Alley topic never go away.. I think we'll see what happens in 2016.
A Transformer, lets leave at that hahaha. Something better than the current cut outs. I don't care if it's Optimus, Bumblebee or Megatron as long as it's not the twins. The movies are bad, but those twins are the worst offenders of the franchise. Maybe Megatron is a good option since Bumblebee is in Singapore and Optimus is in Orlando.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I would like to see the Tour boarding area return to the lower lot and Area 2 can become future expansion for WWoHP.  Diagon Alley can sit on the site where the Tram Garage currently sits and move everything out of that area.  I do understand that the landfill in near that area of land, but I think if there is money involved, it would be nice to have both Potter attractions next to each other with the Hogwarts Express wrapped around the backside of the themed land.  We obviously would have a difficult time placing any form Diagon Alley as a carbon copy of Orlando.  We don't have a 9 acre Jaws Lake to demolish.  Just build Gringotts and wrap the themed streets around it.

And the Golf Course will never be a reality!  It may be a waste of space for you, but you don't understand what can happen when people with real money are involved.  That Golf Course probably makes more money than Universal!  Get over it.  It will never happen. 

Reactions: Allen The Actor
If it were up to me, I would give the Lower Lot a Chicago theme.

The Mummy's outdoor queue would be enclosed and be themed to Chicago's Museum of Antiquities. 

Transformers would get a proper facade to look like a military base in the middle of a city.

Jurassic Park would get a new back story explaining how a wealthy business tycoon built a dinosaur zoo in the middle of Chicago.

The parking garage that can be seen from the Lower Lot would get a facade to look like sky scrapers.

The shops and restaurants in the lower lot would get brand new themes based on famous Chicago landmarks.