Lower Lot Redesign | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rise and Shadow of The Tomb Raider have had notably lower sales than it's 2013 counterpart. Additionally, the second time the film got adapted, failed to preform well domestically in Domestic territories (even if internationally, it was able to get 3 times over it's 91 million dollar production budget).
Well, Rise was locked to exclusivity to XBOX for a whole year and Shadow was released to high competition (Spiderman and Red Dead) and just wasn't very remarkable. I can't really explain the movie though (besides it being aggressively average).

The series is sitting at 81M copies sold though and has grossed over $4B. So, its about the size of Zelda. Heck, the 2010s was technically Tomb Raider's most successful era. Its still one of the biggest video game franchises and its the biggest video game franchise helmed by a woman. So, its nowhere near big as Mario but Tomb Raider is pretty sizeable.

But once again, It was a joke because of how easy it would be to retheme the Mummy with Tomb Raider.

I really can't see a JW dark ride coming. The best fit would probably be a Hollywood Version of Velocicoaster up the hill by the escalators but that's highly unlikely due to neighbor/sound constraints.

I honestly believe that when Mummy goes that whole building will be demolished as it blocks any future expansion into the soundstages behind it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz and Freak
lol I say seek counseling now then if Uni's lower lot plans have not fallen through.
Kind of a strange response for what is undoubtedly a preference many people share....

...but at the same time that sounds like some kind of confirmation that based on rumors you've heard that space will act as a Jurassic expansion.

Yeah, I'll hold off on therapy. I doubt we any new Construction until at least a year if not two after the park can reopen which will be late summer or later...so by my math we have basically 3 years before they do anything and in that time lots can change. Heck if Nintendoland brings in a bigger spike than Potter did then I'm pretty confident we get DK next and then either Pokemon or Zelda. The top people will want more people in and if Nintendo seems to be the way to do that then they will bring in more of there IPs which means more toys.....They won't sell that much more Dino stuff with a new ride.

Completing the Jurassic World area makes a lot of sense, logistically.

It's an in-house IP, that is a very marketable and iconic moneymaker; and it isn't showing signs of letting up. Plus, it'd mean that for the sake of atleast the front half of the Lower Lot, it'd be entirely driven by a core Universal IP.

Trash Mummy and Transformers, add Beijings Jurassic World dark ride (it uses the Transformers ride system) and a Fast and Furious indoor coaster to replace them. That way you have five major rides on the Lower Lot that don't feel so disconnected from each other (Jurassic World, Nintendo, and Fast and Furious has it's own plaza area). It would feel like a whole new section of the park.

Also tear down that stupid Panda's Express building and build a new sit-down restaurant in it's place, k thx bye

Last edited:
unknown.png

I'd argue something like this. Have the first floor be entirely a queue, in the similar vein to Pets, then the second/third floor be entirely for the ride itself. Especially if they use a variant of the Zelda system as if it starts in the suspended position, then to be on level ground and then back in the air.

Trash Mummy and Transformers, add Beijings Jurassic World dark ride (it uses the Transformers ride system) and a Fast and Furious indoor coaster to replace them. That way you have five major rides on the Lower Lot that don't feel so disconnected from each other (Jurassic World, Nintendo, and Fast and Furious has it's own plaza area). It would feel like a whole new section of the park.

Also tear down that stupid Panda's Express building and build a new sit-down restaurant in it's place, k thx bye
BEFORE:

1610139879671.png

AFTER:

1610139844600.png

Idk. I'd have thought if they were going to build more JW, they would have put it where SNW is going, and built SNW over where Mummy is at or to the right of TF.

Reactions: Jamesh22

Also tear down that stupid Pandas Express building and build a new sit-down restaurant in it's place, k thx bye
Again, regardless of the ride system they chose, a new Jurassic ride would have to be significantly different in story from Jurassic World the ride. Maybe it will be, but we do not know.
Rotate Donkey Kong so it's oriented vertically and use the space in the soundstages to the right for a land that has pathways connecting to the plaza and the JW dark ride area. Preferably a smaller Monsters area.

You really want to trash Transformers for a F&F ride given Universal's history of lousy F&F attractions?!? ;)

I'm with you on Donkey Kong, think that's exactly where i might go.

They'll get it right.... eventually. It's also the easiest IP for a coaster.

Again, regardless of the ride system they chose, a new Jurassic ride would have to be significantly different in story from Jurassic World the ride. Maybe it will be, but we do not know.

Rotate Donkey Kong so it's oriented vertically and use the space in the soundstages to the right for a land that has pathways connecting to the plaza and the JW dark ride area. Preferably a smaller Monsters area.

The area on the right would be future expansion. It would just come even further down the line. And they wouldn't have to differ a ton. Just change the finale of the dark ride.

Idk. I'd have thought if they were going to build more JW, they would have put it where SNW is going, and built SNW over where Mummy is at or to the right of TF.

They probably want Mummy open until DK comes around. It's one of only two coasters in the park.

Never understood the "Mummy" needs to go thing...

I could ask every human being alive, do you know what a Mummy is? They would probably all say yes. Mummies in general are more timeless than any movie series.

Just like Jurassic Park is more than Jurassic Park, its a dinosaur ride. Replacing Mummy with anything thats not a sure fire A-list E-ticket and a "new" property to the park that sells loads of merch seems unnecessary, I see no reason to take it out.

Its also a Coaster and people love coasters and its not like the ride is really even tied to the movie directly at all. It works as a random mummy attacking you too. But it is a well loved movie actually that it seems every single year grows in terms of love and nostalgia. The movie and Frasier seem to trend once every 6 months for the last few years it seems.

How many movies have this much love and staying power for 21 years???? Not that many at all.

Edit: As a North Hollywood local and passholder for many years. You'd be surprised how much of USH is repeat locals.... And I dont think taking out Mummy and a Coaster to just put in more Jurassic World is something people would like or want. You're taking away something different to the average guests minds in terms of what the park offers and just doing more fo the same.

Plus this is So Cal... Disney, Knott's, Six Flags, Sea world.... You want to take out the ONLY adult coaster and put in another dark ride? I dont see that as a smart move for the location.

Also like to add Jurassic Park is my favorite movie and have 4 framed posters of it in my house so i''m not anti Jurassic hahah

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamesh22