Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Or...there’s also another option to have three lands that I don’t know everyone would be onboard with....
You could treat the Studio Tour as a “second gate” and have the entrance at the other end of CityWalk.

You'd not be the only one with that idea in your head.

The Lower Lot could easily fit in two mini lands on the scale of a Springfield/Illumination, as long as they're creative on the how. And even then, that can also fit in Velocicoaster too.

Or...there’s also another option to have three lands that I don’t know everyone would be onboard with....
You could treat the Studio Tour as a “second gate” and have the entrance at the other end of CityWalk.
That could be cool

But that kinda limits the Terror Tram ever coming back or makes it much harder, so I'm torn

That could be cool

But that kinda limits the Terror Tram ever coming back or makes it much harder, so I'm torn
I wouldn't necessarily say that.

Back in 2010, when Universal Studios Hollywood opened Kong 360, they actually had two tram routes for the event. One was the normal Terror Tram, while the other was a straight direct shot to and from Kong 360. If they can will it, then there's a way.

I wouldn't necessarily say that.

Back in 2010, when Universal Studios Hollywood opened Kong 360, they actually had two tram routes for the event. One was the normal Terror Tram, while the other was a straight direct shot to and from Kong 360. If they can will it, then there's a way.
Sure but the other posters idea would put one station at a new entrance and Terror Tram normally has a big line so not sure what area could fit all those people, especially if the lower lot is using land (which is good) for a Raptor ride, DK, and new lands

Sure but the other posters idea would put one station at a new entrance and Terror Tram normally has a big line so not sure what area could fit all those people, especially if the lower lot is using land (which is good) for a Raptor ride, DK, and new lands

That depends on the placement of a Terror Tram. If it's somewhere like the interlude for the Studio Tour that existed in the past, they could have queue begin and go up the hill by the slope. They could also place an entrance for a new Terror Tram in an area that like when you disembark and reembark; is coded to act as a holding pen.

You could go the virtual queue option for Terror Tram, and not have as much of an issue.

Terror Tram is so boring, I don't think the guests would mind not coming back for the time being unless Universal is more creative with it instead of relying on the same formula over the years.

Same. I actually hope they retire the tram for a good long while. For one reason they can’t do anything more with it as they maxed out it’s potential, and two, I want to maintain the bragging rights to being on the last Terror Tram ever. :p

I don't care if the Terror Tram is boring, its a people eater for an event with no enough to do (in Hollywood) also I love getting close to the sets.

Could it be better? Hell yeah but its fun and never missed it and the long lines even with how many people can get on it shows it was not going to waste.

Anyway if they can make a station downstairs sure, if they make a second gate for it in Citywalk thats also cool with me. I just want the warhouses gone so we can get more rides and lands

I don't care if the Terror Tram is boring, its a people eater for an event with no enough to do (in Hollywood) also I love getting close to the sets.

Could it be better? Hell yeah but its fun and never missed it and the long lines even with how many people can get on it shows it was not going to waste.

Anyway if they can make a station downstairs sure, if they make a second gate for it in Citywalk thats also cool with me. I just want the warhouses gone so we can get more rides and lands

How about the Terror Tram where you travel inside the tram around the studio while being confronted with scary theatrics instead of being dropped off to walk around and getting frightened by scare actors? I know it's not really plausible, but at least it will bring something new to the table. Travel around the tram in the night while being "attacked" by scare actors and maybe some other theatrics along the way would be interesting and would live up to the title "Terror Tram" instead of watching a few horror video clips in the tram then being dropped off in a destination where it's like walking through a maze except it's wide and outside.

How about the Terror Tram where you travel inside the tram around the studio while being confronted with scary theatrics instead of being dropped off to walk around and getting frightened by scare actors? I know it's not really plausible, but at least it will bring something new to the table. Travel around the tram in the night while being "attacked" by scare actors and maybe some other theatrics along the way would be interesting and would live up to the title "Terror Tram" instead of watching a few horror video clips in the tram then being dropped off in a destination where it's like walking through a maze except it's wide and outside.
I'm not opposed to it, I mean they could add a scene and still drop you off or have one after

But once again its not an unpopular maze, maybe the fans are tired of it but the last few years 60-90 min waits and that thing can eat more people than a normal maze

So what's the deal with Panda Express?

In the terms of today--there seemed to be heated discussion on the fact that a third party IP was predominantly having a mainline store in the dead center of the Lower Lot; and that Disney would've been caught dead if they had something similar like that today (which is hilarious given the McDonalds/Disney collab from the early 2000's). When in reality, people have defended it, because in a sense; it makes sense that there is a dedicated third party food IP option to be down there, especially one so close to the Front Lot and Production Bungalows.

I'd argue though that they could remove it and turn the land into theme park space, alongside the Lower Lot restrooms; Lower Lot Studios Store; and Studio Deli to make a small expansion pad for Nintendo work out. But I understand why it's there.

How could anyone hate Panda Express enough to complain about it all day? Have they even tried the orange chicken?
I just don't care for it and rather the land to be used for an attraction.

No hate but there are more than enough restaurants Universal needs more Cashiers for the restaurants they already have

I know it's not really plausible, but at least it will bring something new to the table. Travel around the tram in the night while being "attacked" by scare actors and maybe some other theatrics along the way
Actually, it wouldn't be something "new". What you're suggesting is the original 1986 & 1992 Terror Tram

So went on the Tram today....they can cut out the 15 mins of NOTHING from the load area to the post Nintendoland area

Where ever it starts what they can do to "pad" out the ride and make it longer is bring back the broken bridge and make it kong themed and replace the old FF dancing car area with something new and interesting (maybe like a mini Bourne kinda show). But for sure I was on my phone for 15 mins because its literally just posters, the backside of nothing and then nintendoland now and its really all none related to the movie making history or experience

its really all none related to the movie making history or experience
Not related to movie making or history

Um... it is literally called the "Universal Timeline". Those posters are of Universal films throughout the years. Depending on the Tram Guide, they use a few of those posters as a reference to talk about the film making process or as an intro to pointing out soundstages (specifically SS12)..

As someone who LOVES the old Breaking Bridge attraction, I at least know that they can't just "bring it back". Besides, it needs to be restored.. The tram already has to loop around because of KONG 360, if the Bridge was included, that'd mean it'd have to loop around TWICE.

As for the old Fast & Furious attraction stop, you can't change it to something like Bourne. It'd just be the same experience except with Mini Coopers. However, since it is right before the Jurassic segment, the small industrial themed attraction space could be easily converted into a Dino Encounter (Indoraptor? Carnotaur?).

As for the "Lower Lot Redesign", relocating the Studio Tour to the Lower Lot would be interesting, since Jurassic World sits where the old tram load/unload used to be years ago. The issue is of course the space required for the Studio Tour queue, load, & unload. Plus they'd probably have to relocate the tram maintenance garage as well.

I don't see a Studio Tour relocation happening yet, especially since they just revamped the entrance just a few years ago.