Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Here is what I would do about the lower lot. First off the soundstages to the left of Mummy and the basecamp kitchen can become a port of the Classic Monsters land at EU and have that Next gen KUKA ride but the land would have one major difference vs EU's: a stage show. EU's version of the land nixed the stage show for a family friendly coaster to try to draw in younger guests. USH would already have DK up and running on the lower lot and is losing AA and SES for the F&F coaster so having an indoor stage show would make up for that and could even let them possibly level WW for a mini land some point next decade. Then the office buildings and stage 14 can then be leveled for A DC comics land if industry insiders are correct and NBCU swallows up WBD. But NBCU would have to buy the rights from Six Flags though but if the DCEU gets properly rebooted in the coming years I could see Universal opening the checkbook so they can have something to compete with Avengers Campus. Following the model laid out by AC, there would be a C-D ticket featuring a single hero (A Wonder Women interactive lasso ride would be cool) and an E ticket Justice League ride that can take inspiration from the Multiverse AC ride which would allow them to keep it fresh as the DCEU is built out.

A Bamt
I know. But it's fun to imagine NBCU buying out DC from Six Flags if NBCU buys WBD and what it could mean for theme park attractions.
A Batman land/ride hands down.

JC is cool but Batman the dark ride in the style of the Spiderman ride/using more Physical sets like Mario Kart would be a home run and then make a ride with the JC and superman and wonder woman as the leads, Flash and Meri (from Aquaman) and Blue Beetle and Hawkwomen as the main 6 with Black Canary, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Martian Man Hunter, Green latern (Jessica Cruz) as back up and are random which ones show up to help you, so you have a reason to ride it again.

Man...now I'm hyped for rides that might never come...lol

It really is. I mean Metropolis, Gotham, Themyscira and Atlantis would all make amazing lands and are pretty iconic locations. 4 lands to one universe might be a lot though, I feel you could pair Metropolis/Gotham and Atlantis/Themyscira together as two big dual lands
The best bet is to use the Avengers Campus model and have some sort of campus with a ride that is similar to the Multiverse attraction that way they can keep the land fresh as the soon to be rebooted DCEU evolves.

The best bet is to use the Avengers Campus model and have some sort of campus with a ride that is similar to the Multiverse attraction that way they can keep the land fresh as the soon to be rebooted DCEU evolves.
Personally I don’t think that model is a very good implementation of Marvel properties.

Definitely one of Disney’s weaker lands thematically in my opinion but character wise from what I’ve seen it’s pretty good.

Eh I feel like unlike Marvel, DC has plenty of existing locations that work as lands. Metropolis would be perfect place to putt a hall of justice that features the justice league and greater DC universe

lol

Why would anyone copy Avengers Campus?
It would allow for the most flexibility as the DCEU evolves. You don't want the Galaxies Edge timeline issue where your hands are tied and you can't add in more characters easily and also locations get destroyed. Remember OG Asgard? That's now no more in the MCU.

It would allow for the most flexibility as the DCEU evolves. You don't want the Galaxies Edge timeline issue where your hands are tied and you can't add in more characters easily and also locations get destroyed. Remember OG Asgard? That's now no more in the MCU.
Super Nintendo land in now way reflects thew film and that's good, if they do DC it should be in its own thing. You don't need actors to sell these characters Batman and superman are house hold names. Also this is the third reboot from DC...I'm good they don't need to try to fit it in with films. Make the best Batman ride and combine all the elements that made the animated show, burtons, nolans and the new batman films great.

Back in 2021 @AlexanderMBush proposed a revamp to the lower lot that involved tearing down the mummy and the soundstages above it for a Production central like area that could lead into mini lands if Universal wanted and would allow them a place to put a new studio tram if they decide to use the current tram stop on the upper lot for theme park expansion maybe lumping in the Simpsons Ride replacement into this new land.

But one proposal Alexander mentioned that may have to change is having a JW roller coaster in half of Mummy's plot and have it go over the hill since that is what the F&F coaster on the upper lot is doing, Because of that maybe Mummy's plot could be used for a large scale dark ride. If they could find a way to make that section a mini land, I would want to see that part themed to the Classic Monsters will exclusive rides to USH since it's possible that UOR uses the IOA model for EU and wants to keep the lands (sans Nintendo) exclusive to EU.

What I would want to see them do is a trackless ride around the Monsters will MK like set pieces blended with projection mapped media in the set pieces Transformers style. And one benefit that OrangeGrove55 mentioned on his YT channel about California is the state has the blessing of depth unlike Florida. They can make this trackless ride go 3 to 4 stories under ground thus making it almost on par with the current building but in a smaller footprint which could free up space for another attraction to make it a mini land.

And the second attraction would use the stacked dark ride and interactive wand patent to make a unique monsters style Midway Mania style attraction to round out this mini land.

Back in 2021 @AlexanderMBush proposed a revamp to the lower lot that involved tearing down the mummy and the soundstages above it for a Production central like area that could lead into mini lands if Universal wanted and would allow them a place to put a new studio tram if they decide to use the current tram stop on the upper lot for theme park expansion maybe lumping in the Simpsons Ride replacement into this new land.

But one proposal Alexander mentioned that may have to change is having a JW roller coaster in half of Mummy's plot and have it go over the hill since that is what the F&F coaster on the upper lot is doing, Because of that maybe Mummy's plot could be used for a large scale dark ride. If they could find a way to make that section a mini land, I would want to see that part themed to the Classic Monsters will exclusive rides to USH since it's possible that UOR uses the IOA model for EU and wants to keep the lands (sans Nintendo) exclusive to EU.

What I would want to see them do is a trackless ride around the Monsters will MK like set pieces blended with projection mapped media in the set pieces Transformers style. And one benefit that OrangeGrove55 mentioned on his YT channel about California is the state has the blessing of depth unlike Florida. They can make this trackless ride go 3 to 4 stories under ground thus making it almost on par with the current building but in a smaller footprint which could free up space for another attraction to make it a mini land.

And the second attraction would use the stacked dark ride and interactive wand patent to make a unique monsters style Midway Mania style attraction to round out this mini land.
I can see it. I don’t see the building being torn down fully because of a lot of QOL stuff being added recently. But this could work!

Brushing off this thread about future lower lot expansion in the area behind SNW that was originally believe to be DK/SNW expansion. While most of us don't know the contract terms between Nintendo and USH 100%, I wonder if USH is only getting SNW proper only. If you look at backside of SNW when the tram tour passes by, there does not appear to be any part of the building that has a large opening/expansion point (Not a construction expert so I don't know the specific term for what an expansion point would be called) where they could attach an entry/exit to a hypothetical SNW expansion. If Universal knew from the start they planned on doing a SNW expansion, wouldn't they have left a large opening point so they could easily add on? Which makes me think they are plans to expand in this area, but it will be a different non Nintendo IP. This is just my two cents and opinion.

Brushing off this thread about future lower lot expansion in the area behind SNW that was originally believe to be DK/SNW expansion. While most of us don't know the contract terms between Nintendo and USH 100%, I wonder if USH is only getting SNW proper only. If you look at backside of SNW when the tram tour passes by, there does not appear to be any part of the building that has a large opening/expansion point (Not a construction expert so I don't know the specific term for what an expansion point would be called) where they could attach an entry/exit to a hypothetical SNW expansion. If Universal knew from the start they planned on doing a SNW expansion, wouldn't they have left a large opening point so they could easily add on? Which makes me think they are plans to expand in this area, but it will be a different non Nintendo IP. This is just my two cents and opinion.

There technically is one, but it’s a backstage access for team members and it’s covered up well. It’s right next to the Koopa Troopa mini game, in the shape of the SMB3 platform blocks. Look closely. They’re easily removable facades that can be changed or removed entirely later if expansion is still on the table. It leads directly into DinoPlay’s current location though.

Last edited: