Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On another note,
How likely is that out of everything that gets announced at D23 for specifically WDW will actually open in 2025?

Disney seems to have horrible turn around time for attractions usually.
What do we all think will end up being there reason for which they say “We are opening this in 2025, please don’t cancel your AP for a year and go to Epic”?

I don’t see anything currently that sticks out to me that can possibly open and be ready by next year…
Over on WDWMagic some insiders are saying they are planning huge Capex in entertainment offerings for 2025.

So expect a new parade and I’m guessing bringing the lineup back to pre Covid.

Over on WDWMagic some insiders are saying they are planning huge Capex in entertainment offerings for 2025.

So expect a new parade and I’m guessing bringing the lineup back to pre Covid.
Yes, I've seen that. If they do a new nighttime parade at MK, it 'will' drive attendance, no doubt. Guests have been clamoring for that for a long time.

But, it sure was nice having very short attraction lines during our June vacation. MK was not its usual crowded atmosphere. Easy uncrowded pathways, except for the usual culprits....day parade and castle fireworks.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yes, I've seen that. If they do a new nighttime parade at MK, it 'will' drive attendance, no doubt. Guests have been clamoring for that for a long time.
If Uni blocks AP out and Disney has a new electric parade that for sure will tilt it for me! Electric parades are the best!
Since they dropped the ball on not having anything for Epic, this will have to be the next best thing until the AK expansion comes online in 2027.
Do you really think there was anything Disney could have done to compete with an entire park opening? I think having stuff open the following years is probably a smart move and offer enough new entertainment to pull guests in with something new. So maybe they stay at Disney and do a couple days at Epic or stay at universal and go to Disney for the new offerings. But having something is all they needed. It is Disney.

Pan desperately needs the TLC. Every part of that thing is rickety as all get out. For being the consistent 70 min wait in the park next to Dwarf Mine Train, it is significantly worse as an experience than a solid chunk of the rest of the park. HM, Pooh, Pirates, ... hell, even E.T. is looking higher-budget and better maintained imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Pan desperately needs the TLC. Every part of that thing is rickety as all get out. For being the consistent 70 min wait in the park next to Dwarf Mine Train, it is significantly worse as an experience than a solid chunk of the rest of the park. HM, Pooh, Pirates, ... hell, even E.T. is looking higher-budget and better maintained imo.
Pan isn't really very good, but it is iconic. The queue they refurbed a few years ago is actually better than the ride. Its lines are more the result of very low capacity than anything else....ET, even before the refurbs, was a better ride than WDW Pan.

Since they dropped the ball on not having anything for Epic, this will have to be the next best thing until the AK expansion comes online in 2027.
Eh, you can’t really compete with a brand new theme park though and even if they had anything of significance it quite frankly would just get lost in the Epic hype.

Reactions: IzzyB and Jake S
Eh, you can’t really compete with a brand new theme park though and even if they had anything of significance it quite frankly would just get lost in the Epic hype.
Don't underestimate Disney's ability to hype things up. Not saying Disney can match anything up to par with Epic Universe in the next few years, but some hardcore Disney fans can get more excited for a the return of a night parade over a Universal park lol

Reactions: IzzyB
Disney should have had something new for '25. Not to "compete" with Epic, but to capitalize on all the people coming to Orlando for Epic.
Something similar to 2005-06 where every park had something "new" to justify upgrading to a park hopper to visit every park would have been a smart business decision.

Disney's resort hotels (and water park) might be a huge winner when it comes to Epic Universe. With water parks included on your check-in day starting in 2025, I could see a family staying at a WDW "value" resort with a trip over to Epic for the weekend. Could be useful for those considering an I-Drive property for their visit to UOR.

Disney should have had something new for '25. Not to "compete" with Epic, but to capitalize on all the people coming to Orlando for Epic.
They'll have new stuff for 2025, it will just be the Zootopia Tree of Life show and Test Track 3.0. If you plus up BTMR significantly and do an RnR retheme, you could stretch that out into a marketing campaign that heralds a new 'addition' at each park.

They'll have new stuff for 2025, it will just be the Zootopia Tree of Life show and Test Track 3.0. If you plus up BTMR significantly and do an RnR retheme, you could stretch that out into a marketing campaign that heralds a new 'addition' at each park.
Plus whatever entertainment they add like a parade. There will be new, just not E-ticket new and I am not sure that is a bad decision. Because any major e-ticket will get drowned out by Epic. So offering "new" stuff in each park gives people reason to visit, but their big ride won't be overshadowed and can have their own spotlight the next year or year after that.

A new night parade is rumored (and insiders have been throwing out clues) on WDWMagic about a night parade for MK next year. It's not at the same level as Epic, but it certainly is a heck of a nostalgia pull for many AP/locals. Pair that with Test Track at Epcot, a new show at DHS, and maybe something temporary at DAK, would be enough to counter Epic in the interim.

I'm sure there are a lot of locals that would rather visit WDW over Universal next year if Universal makes it difficult to get a nice multi-day/AP ticket w/ Epic included next year.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog