Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
MakoThread.jpg

Officially Announced - May 27th, 2015
SeaWorld Announces Mako - New Coaster to Open in 2016 « Orlando United

Opening Date: June 10th, 2016
Mako Set to Open June 10th at SeaWorld Orlando « Orlando United

News & Rumors -

SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Mako's Ride Vehicles « Orlando United

Mako Begins Test Runs at SeaWorld Orlando « Orlando United

SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Details about Mako's Shark Wreck Reef « Orlando United

SOFT OPENING

Mako is now under a Soft Opening schedule, or "Technical Rehearsals".

Soft Opening is like a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational. Some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to grand opening.

Also Soft Opening is not a guarantee the ride will be opening. Mako might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes. There is no set schedule or guarantee it will be open.

Last edited:
[video]https://youtu.be/pWiE06r5oK0[/video]

It does look good. Some decent airtime

Last edited:
The day has finally come... a hyper coaster in Florida. I've been waiting for this for 5-6 years now! Definitely going next year! :happy: Looks amazing! Hopefully it rides as well as it looks! Well done SeaWorld!

I'm so happy for SeaWorld. This is a great announcement, and they're going after a market that is relatively untapped for Orlando. I hope the queue is similar to Manta's in that there are shark viewing areas throughout.

Looks like standard seating, no Diamondback trains.

Also glad to see Central Florida getting a new model of B&M coaster. What's left? Wing, stand-up, and the family inverted?

I'm so happy for SeaWorld. This is a great announcement, and they're going after a market that is relatively untapped for Orlando. I hope the queue is similar to Manta's in that there are shark viewing areas throughout.

Also glad to see Central Florida getting a new model of B&M coaster. What's left? Wing, stand-up, and the family inverted?

Would really love a Stand-Up. Maybe next time, SeaWorld? :lol:

I'm sure Sea World and BGT will be the only ones really providing those. Maybe Funspot. Universal seems to have bowed out of coasters like this.

like the facade, I just really don't care about anything else about it lol. Whatever if it helps boosts crowds and adds another attraction to a park without many attractions then its for the best

*insert controversial comment about building a coaster before improving Orca facilities here*

*insert controversial comment about building a coaster before improving Orca facilities here*

Well they are improving the facilities, just takes longer than erecting a coaster. (Although I don't think it should take til 2019, but that's another discussion)

Well they are improving the facilities, just takes longer than erecting a coaster. (Although I don't think it should take til 2019, but that's another discussion)

It's just gone a bit quiet is my thinking. Hopefully there will be news as and when the other parks get their upgrades!