Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

It's his derby racers concept.

IP =/= development cost.

And I was being sarcastic.

And I misspoke about it being the only thing to survive, I'm sure you can enlighten us all about the other that half-survived.
Somehow I think a dark ride (which, as I said, this almost became) is different from a pimped up carousel. So development has certainly changed as the years have gone by.

The last thing DHS needs is another show!!! Magic Kingdom doesn’t have a single stage show on the other hand.

What about the stage show in front of the castle or the Country Bear Jamboree? (I've actually never experienced the Country Bear Jamboree, but I'm assuming it's a show?)

The last thing DHS needs is another show!!! Magic Kingdom doesn’t have a single stage show on the other hand.
Eh I see your point, but do you really expect Voyage to last there much longer? Same with Beauty And The Beast? Couldn’t hurt. I love DHS but it could use the balance.

But yes, a more sit down theatre like musical of the show.

Epcot does need a more proper show though and a Poppins Musical would’ve done the trick

Has nothing to do with it. They didn't even settle on the IP being Poppins until early last year. It was up in the air fighting with Brave and Alice in Wonderland for a long time. This was very nearly almost built as a Brave dark ride (I believe Brexit played into them not doing it).

Wait I have not been following the Disney stuff at all.

How did Brexit play into this?

Has nothing to do with it. They didn't even settle on the IP being Poppins until early last year. It was up in the air fighting with Brave and Alice in Wonderland for a long time. This was very nearly almost built as a Brave dark ride (I believe Brexit played into them not doing it).
What does Brexit have to do with Brave though?

I’m not saying it played a major role, but they didn’t want an IP about a Scottish Princess being the main attraction considering everything going on.

Yeah, I'm late to the party, but I was tuned out of this ride when they kept pushing the word "attraction" and I thought this would be just a walk-through.

Now that we're certain it's going to be a ride, my interest is back. I'm really interested in this ride system that DSNY talked about and would love to see the same system cloned at DL. Can't afford to fly out to Orlando every year. lol Do we have an opening year in mind?

Yeah, I'm late to the party, but I was tuned out of this ride when they kept pushing the word "attraction" and I thought this would be just a walk-through.

Now that we're certain it's going to be a ride, my interest is back. I'm really interested in this ride system that DSNY talked about and would love to see the same system cloned at DL. Can't afford to fly out to Orlando every year. lol Do we have an opening year in mind?
I think this is meant for Epcot’s 40th in 2022. Nothing official to go on of course.

Eh I see your point, but do you really expect Voyage to last there much longer? Same with Beauty And The Beast? Couldn’t hurt. I love DHS but it could use the balance.
DHS needs On The Record, were each show is a different set of movements from the revue.