Mega Movie Parade | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
By the way, yea the BttF float isn’t designed after a moment from the films… cause it’s from the ride. Where we crash into the clock tower just as we jump back in time with the gears flying around us.

But Marty wasn’t in the ride?

But this really emphasizes my point. If the parade is “Mega Movie Parade,” show scenes from movies. If it’s just generic Universal IPs, including scenes from rides, then don’t don’t emphasize “movies” in the name.

Reactions: Jake S
I’m just speaking to the float design. The characters are all over the place, mixing continuities for multiple properties, like old and new Ghostbusters (but not OLD old Ghostbusters).

But this really emphasizes my point. If the parade is “Mega Movie Parade,” show scenes from movies. If it’s just generic Universal IPs, including scenes from rides, then don’t don’t emphasize “movies” in the name.
I don’t disagree with your assessments and ideas for improvements, just wanted to point out what I thought the float design may have been evoking.

I’m just speaking to the float design. The characters are all over the place, mixing continuities for multiple properties, like old and new Ghostbusters (but not OLD old Ghostbusters).

I don’t disagree with your assessments and ideas for improvements, just wanted to point out what I thought the float design may have been evoking.

It also uses music from the broadway musical! It’s all over the place.

(But I live for them using music from the musical haha!!)

By the way, yea the BttF float isn’t designed after a moment from the films… cause it’s from the ride. Where we crash into the clock tower just as we jump back in time with the gears flying around us.

so Technically it should be Biff Tannen in the float lol

• Haha
Reactions: TheUniC6
Just going by the POV posted: there's definitely too much static portions on the floats. The lack of simple things like moving eyes on the Minions or fog effects on a couple of the floats like ET and Ghost Busters were a little surprising. Technical rehearsals may not have everything 100% there but even with a couple of other things to come it's lacking kinetic energy on the smaller elements. The lack of vibrant energy you'd expect from some of the performers isn't adding to the excitement either (not blaming the performers, I assume they're following directions from show leads).

It also sounds like there's a music deadzone between floats? They may have more to do with the distance but it was obivous once or twice but for some it sounded like you couldn't hear the music until after the float passed (speakers on back?).

The parade definitely needs adjusting. Working on the costumed character movements and interactions would be a good start. Or if they pumped the ET ride scent from the float. lol

Floats getting stuck seems to be a major issue.

Guess we can't expect a F&F: Tokyo Drift float anytime soon if they can't make the corner at slow speeds. :yum

It seems like it's just the Ghostbusters float? Is that one longer than the others or something?