Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

What plots are actually available across the 2 parks? I was under the impression that after Marvel there’s literally no space left in DCA without replacing? I know there’s room for a third Star Wars ride and Mickey...and then, is that it? I feel like they will have no choice but to explore a 3rd Park....they can’t just keep replacing for decades to come.
Which is why I don't understand why Disney refuses to buy GardenWalk. GW + the Toy Story Lot is plenty of room for a new park and parking to support (of course multiple new garages would be needed).

All in all, with all the land that Disney owns, they could connect a park over there to the current parks via walking bridges pretty seamlessly, too.

3813A21B-269B-4F05-BFF0-2CBB18E29DDF.jpeg
Which is why I don't understand why Disney refuses to buy GardenWalk. GW + the Toy Story Lot is plenty of room for a new park and parking to support (of course multiple new garages would be needed).

All in all, with all the land that Disney owns, they could connect a park over there to the current parks via walking bridges pretty seamlessly, too.

DCA has mounts of room considering candy cane inn is owned by them.

The area you showed is literally the only expansion area though. DL Park doesn’t have all that much (sizeable) expansion space left, either.

A new park is going to be necesssry within the next 10 years I’d say.

A 3rd park is a matter of when, not if. Too much money to be lost after both parks are maximized and constantly near capacity, especially DL.

I give it a decade as well. I'm almost positive there are already plans as to the concept & theming of the new park. The land, politics, and logistics need to be sorted out.

There's still work to be done in the 2 parks:

-Finish Fantasyland Refurb of classic dark rides
-Expand FL with a new land or major attraction
-Demo & re-do Tomorrowland
-Expand SWL
-Complete Phase 1 & 2 of Marvel Land

My estimation this will take about 10 years. After this, 3rd gate.

It's definitely coming, with a semi-rebranding of Toontown. Expect it to be less Rodger Rabbity and more classic Mickey and Friendsy. There's a very apparent reason why the art style used for Mickey and Minnie's celebration is being pulled directly from Runaway Railway.

Very cool. So are they going to refurb the Toon Town architecture to a more classic Mickey style as well, or will the re-branding be primarily limited to the opening of MMRR?

The area you showed is literally the only expansion area though. DL Park doesn’t have all that much (sizeable) expansion space left, either.

A new park is going to be necesssry within the next 10 years I’d say.

There is actually quite a bit more at DCA than many people realize.

DCA.png

(Pink) The Eastern Gateway is not as seemingly dead as it once was, in fact talk is that it will be re-visited soonish with the new council being 5-2 pro-Disney. The plans opened up a large parcel between the Hollywood backlot and the current bus area.
(Orange) is the Animation building, which could be repurposed to host an attraction.
(Purple) is slated for the next phase of Marvel.
(Red) is goofy's sky school and the churro/hot dog area, frequently slated for repurposing.

But Green and Yellow, the current Simba lot, is how DCA drastically expands. In a very similar vein to Tokyo Disney Sea it could simply be one large overarching land with a few E-tickets. Or Paradise Pier could be knocked over to essentially emulate the lower-rise but larger footprint DisneySea hotel/parking garage/land combo. Not that they want to build FantasySprings, but it's just a good comparator how Disney Sea had seemingly whittled its way down to a single expansion slot.

I truly believe a large scale expansion of DCA towards Simba is what makes sense more for the resort than another gate.

I had an interesting thought...

What if Disney decided to debut MMRR in the year 2021 in order to draw visitors away from Super Nintendo World at USH?

It would be the battle of the giants. The most famous cultural icon on the planet (Mickey) vs. one of the other most famous cultural icons on the planet. (Mario)

M vs. M

The Plumber v the Mouse

Who would win?

I had an interesting thought...

What if Disney decided to debut MMRR in the year 2021 in order to draw visitors away from Super Nintendo World at USH?

It would be the battle of the giants. The most famous cultural icon on the planet (Mickey) vs. one of the other most famous cultural icons on the planet. (Mario)

M vs. M

The Plumber v the Mouse

Who would win?

Though part would depend on what all rides will open at SNW, I think that MMRR would win just because of the sheer number of Disney fanatics. It would be a Celebrity Death Match, to be sure.

Though part would depend on what all rides will open at SNW, I think that MMRR would win just because of the sheer number of Disney fanatics. It would be a Celebrity Death Match, to be sure.

For sure...Insiders on here are already grooming us to accept that SNW in Hollywood will only have MK in the roster.

So it's basically MMRR vs MK in terms of attractions...

Another piece, finally falls.

Keep in mind, considering movement began in January with the actions of Mix Magic only having Pyro on the weekends, and it seeming like demolition will begin in March..we may be looking at a 2021/2022 opening, depending on the speed of which they intend to take with this project.

Last edited:

Keep in mind, considering movement began in January with the actions of Mix Magic only having Pyro on the weekends, and it seeming like demolition will begin in March..we may be looking at a 2021/2022 opening, depending on the speed of which they intend to take with this project.

Wow, I'm a genius.

The Plumber v the Mouse

Who would win?

I can promise you guys this ride is opening in 2021. It's going to be quite the year!

It's going to have taken DHS close to two years to complete this project and they were working with an existing structure. Now of course it all depends on how fast they want to push things - Disneyland normally likes to go a little faster than WDW. But I would think they'll have this for Late 2021 or Spring 2022.

Seems odd to me that they greenlit this before we know what public reaction will be. It seems very possible this could go either way with guest satisfaction.

Seems odd to me that they greenlit this before we know what public reaction will be. It seems very possible this could go either way with guest satisfaction.

I agree.
Although maybe they are so happy with it that they think it will be a surefire hit.