Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

The building really is enormous in person. Makes me wonder what they’re going to do with it to help it blend into the land.

Speaking of which...Toontown is in desperate need of a new paint job. I hope they spruce up the entire area when this opens. Everything is sun faded and looks worn out.

I wasn’t expecting a full on demo! Just some new paint. Wow.

Let’s also pour one out for the construction worker that died building this attraction, as revealed by Last Podcast On The Left’s Side Stories this week.

Anything’s better than it’s current state. I still don’t have high hopes as it’ll probably be another Disney Springs-afied touch up like Avengers Campus turned out to be.

Anything’s better than it’s current state. I still don’t have high hopes as it’ll probably be another Disney Springs-afied touch up like Avengers Campus turned out to be.
I agree. Disney (At least in California) seems to be catering heavily towards the “Imstagrammer” clientele. I understand wanting a good photo op, but that’s most unfortunate they’re going in that direction.

Anyone see this?

Apparently DL’s version is going to be a “director’s cut” with additional show scenes. I’m stoked as a SoCaler, but what a bummer for WDW goers. Makes the loss of the Great Movie Ride sting even more if this happens.

Anyone see this?

Apparently DL’s version is going to be a “director’s cut” with additional show scenes. I’m stoked as a SoCaler, but what a bummer for WDW goers. Makes the loss of the Great Movie Ride sting even more if this happens.
Of course DL is going to get a plussed version. Happy to experience it knowing it’s not a direct clone when I visit, but there’s also a large portion of the GMR building that they didn’t use and was turned into offices, so yeah. Kinda stinks as a WDW local.

Anyone see this?

Now I'm more stoked than ever! If SNW Hollywood is to open for 2023 alongside Mickey's Toontown at DL, this will be a big showdown between the two parks.

Disney, Cedar and USH have a lot going for them in 2023 (Assuming SNW goes Early 2023).

Knotts with the Giga, Disney with Toontown, and Universal with SNW. Kind of nutty we're seeing so much active work going on so quick.

And the theme park wars saga continues.

Considering 2028 looming ahead, alongside changes to SFCorp and the positive results coming out of SEAS, SoCal's going to be a hotbed to talk about.

Double so for Disney, assuming Disneyland Forward gets the county approval. Coming back to Runaway Railway, I am happy to see it getting an extension, and I'm curious to see if this will become the base version going forward if it gets ported to other parks after DLR.

Anyone see this?

It'll be funny if this still happens even after Imagineering moves to Florida.

Anyone see this?

They do sometimes count queue scenes as show scenes, so it’s very possible the ride itself will be mostly the same. DHS didn’t do much queue wise to the Chinese theatre.

Every attraction should be plussed when it's not the first time being built. I've never understood how clones come years later, in brand new buildings, and are still exact clones of something previously retrofitted into an existing space. Makes you wonder if the team really felt they nailed it that hard that nothing could be improved on?

Every attraction should be plussed when it's not the first time being built. I've never understood how clones come years later, in brand new buildings, and are still exact clones of something previously retrofitted into an existing space. Makes you wonder if the team really felt they nailed it that hard that nothing could be improved on?

I would guess that it's the predictability of the budget along with figuring that most guests will have been on the original. Of course, DL's Pirates is better than WDW's (in my opinion) and WDW has some rides that are better than DL's version.

Anyone see this?

Salt in the wound.

Happy for the DL locals, but this is extremely irritating as a WDW partisan.

They do sometimes count queue scenes as show scenes, so it’s very possible the ride itself will be mostly the same. DHS didn’t do much queue wise to the Chinese theatre.

Hopefully that's all it is.