Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

But also... there will never be a right time to visit a park if they continue to work on plussing it as they should. So people should just visit.
As long as Space, Indy, and Runaway Railway are open, I'm happy. Besides, I will probably use that SoCal deal they have going on in the Spring.

They better not shut down Splash Mountain in January because I want to ride it one more time at least. I wouldn't put it past Disney to have the closing day for SM be right before Runaway Railway.

They better not shut down Splash Mountain in January because I want to ride it one more time at least. I wouldn't put it past Disney to have the closing day for SM be right before Runaway Railway.
I mean, it's gonna have to close early next year if it's planning to reopen in Late 2024 and the ride usually gets a refurbishment in January anyway, no? So why not just close it for the change to PatF.

But also... there will never be a right time to visit a park if they continue to work on plussing it as they should. So people should just visit.
Exactly. I went at the start of September this year to see the last Disneyland Forever and MSEP and the beginning of Halloween, but it just happened that the Matterhorn, the Disneyland Monorail, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Explorer Canoes were all closed (on top of ToonTown being closed). But we got the see Haunted Mansion Holiday, four different nighttime spectaculars, MSEP twice, and do a bunch of rides that we don't have in Orlando.

Would I have loved going on the Matterhorn? Yeah, absolutely. It's a classic. But we still had a great time. There's never a perfect time to go.

I'd also like to point out that opening MMRR early like this is a great way to work out any possible kinks etc., so when the ToonTown fully reopens it'll be all raring to go. Not to mention with DL mainly being a locals park, those who wanna' wait till the land is fully open to ride can wait, while those who do wanna' ride it can ride it. (Barring any virtual lines, of course.)

While I agree in a way.....Nothing is coming out for easily over a year after Mickey (bet Splash opens in summer 2024 if we are lucky) but to me I'm just saying unless you have to go, I'd wait until the new shows come out and get the most band for your buck.

As long as Space, Indy, and Runaway Railway are open, I'm happy. Besides, I will probably use that SoCal deal they have going on in the Spring.

I'm calling January 9th or 10th as that closing day, whatever day is after the end of the holiday time

Hopefully by the time land they drop VQ

I know this is to help because the land is still down...but their was no way to open Roger Rabbit area and ride as well? I thought most guests didn't like the VQ for new rides?

Isn't it better headlines like when people waited all the way down main street to go on Star Tours....that makes it sound like a must see ride

So we are a week from this ride opening and no one is talking about it. Well, not no one no one, but it really feels like everyone has lost interest in this ride. USH has successfully stolen Disney's thunder with SNW.

So we are a week from this ride opening and no one is talking about it. Well, not no one no one, but it really feels like everyone has lost interest in this ride. USH has successfully stolen Disney's thunder with SNW.
I don't understand Disney right now

they must be making HUGE plans behind the scenes, because Bob Iger should be fired if he is really going to allow Universal to make Epic universe, USH into twice as big of a park, the Vegas HHN area and Texas mini park/hotel

How can you just sit there being like, we are fine.....for now you are fine but in ten years....we will see

they must be making HUGE plans behind the scenes, because Bob Iger should be fired if he is really going to allow Universal to make Epic universe, USH into twice as big of a park, the Vegas HHN area and Texas mini park/hotel

How can you just sit there being like, we are fine.....for now you are fine but in ten years....we will see

Because he’s:
1. Been there since November
2. In charge of a vision for the next decade, not responsible for implementing it immediately.
3. Only in the position for 2 years.
4. Facing a board take over at the same time.

Disney hasn’t moved quickly in forever. To assume that would change while they are deep in debt is unrealistic.

Because he’s:
1. Been there since November
2. In charge of a vision for the next decade, not responsible for implementing it immediately.
3. Only in the position for 2 years.
4. Facing a board take over at the same time.

Disney hasn’t moved quickly in forever. To assume that would change while they are deep in debt is unrealistic.
I mean the parks are what is keeping them a float

Iger bought Fox.....for Avatar, simpons and Marvel stuff....which I will never get. They over paid and now they are in debt, so now is the time to make the parks better or just let Universal eat your lunch. I dont have Disney stock...if they want to slowly die by over paying for IPs and spending too much on animated films along with shows like the Mighty duck which draws zero people to disney plus

Anyway...I'm not hearing anything about this ride....so yeah it will do well im sure but Disney isn't helping it in anyway

Honestly I'm totally okay with Disneyland getting a ride that doesn't draw in big crowds but will eat up people who would be there anyways, which sounds like might the case for a little bit before New ToonTown and possibly after if Disney really can't overcome SNW in coverage

Last edited:
Honestly I'm totally okay with Disneyland getting a ride that doesn't draw in big crowds but will eat up people who would be there anyways, which sounds like might the case for a little bit before New ToonTown and possibly after if Disney really can't overcome SNW in coverage
I guess its just insane to me...that Disney is just letting Universal beat them in so many area's in theme parks.....Its just insane to me.

Disney is (and will continue to) be the leader and they have no problem packing their parks without any new additions. Yes Universal is building new stuff which will take a chunk of their market share, but Disney will still continue to make billions of dollars in profits from their parks quite comfortably.

Disney is (and will continue to) be the leader and they have no problem packing their parks without any new additions. Yes Universal is building new stuff which will take a chunk of their market share, but Disney will still continue to make billions of dollars in profits from their parks quite comfortably.
Exactly and I think people forget the Universal taking more market share in the Orlando area specifically is a recent phenomenon. Disney has been king for decades and has brand loyalty.

Of course some investment in the domestic parks won’t hurt and I think Disney knows they need to start spending more.

Last edited: