Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

I mean the parks are what is keeping them a float

Iger bought Fox.....for Avatar, simpons and Marvel stuff....which I will never get. They over paid and now they are in debt, so now is the time to make the parks better or just let Universal eat your lunch. I dont have Disney stock...if they want to slowly die by over paying for IPs and spending too much on animated films along with shows like the Mighty duck which draws zero people to disney plus

Anyway...I'm not hearing anything about this ride....so yeah it will do well im sure but Disney isn't helping it in anyway

I probably sound like a broken record but Iger's focus is a) Stop the bleeding with Disney+, b) Get the stock price to stabilize and maybe go up, and c) Work with the succession team to pick the next CEO. The parks are raking it in and I doubt that they are going to make any major moves for the next year or two. Maybe some announcements and dirt piles moving for possibly the Disneyland expansion and maybe one of the Blue Sky rides (hopefully Moana because I don't want Dinosaur reskinned). They took Harry Potter to the chin and I'm honestly not sure how much it hurt WDW if at all, especially over the long haul.

Super Nintendo is going to help USH immensely, and USH needed it desperately. However, it’s not going to impact Disneyland, which is so densely packed and well realized, no California park is competing.

The majority visiting SoCal for theme parks are going to Disneyland, but now they will have more reason to add a day and visit USH.

And Disneyland is getting M&MRR, without losing an attraction.

Disneyland continues to be one of the best parks domestically.

So we are a week from this ride opening and no one is talking about it. Well, not no one no one, but it really feels like everyone has lost interest in this ride. USH has successfully stolen Disney's thunder with SNW.
It's been open in Orlando since before the parks closed for COVID and we know it's not much to get excited about. I'll give DL props in that this was an added ride to the park, so there is something to be excited about in that and it's also a pretty decent people eater.

Overall though the ride is just sort of okay. imo, it's a type of ride that I think USF or USH could use and while modern compared to other rides at DL, it's still very family friendly and slow. DL needs something that's a bit more intense which is why I am okay with people who want TRON to come there, although TRON is kind of more style of substance (read: beautiful lights over a coaster with anything new to deliver) and it's very short which is why I still struggle with if i'd have it replace the classic rides that it'd have to. I'd like to see them create a unique coaster for DL so the park isn't getting another clone.

I mean the parks are what is keeping them a float

Iger bought Fox.....for Avatar, simpons and Marvel stuff....which I will never get. They over paid and now they are in debt, so now is the time to make the parks better or just let Universal eat your lunch. I dont have Disney stock...if they want to slowly die by over paying for IPs and spending too much on animated films along with shows like the Mighty duck which draws zero people to disney plus

Anyway...I'm not hearing anything about this ride....so yeah it will do well im sure but Disney isn't helping it in anyway
Simpsons had nothing to do with why he bought it. Nor did Avatar on it's own. Hulu played a big role and Fox's back catalog of films (so the collective IP, not just an Avatar or Simpsons), which Disney was going to need to enter the streaming era. It also helped diversify Disney's film catalog as it gave Disney a bunch of R-rated titles and award winning titles along with FX, which is sort of Disney's HBO, and Searchlight Pictures, which is constantly putting out award winning/nominated films every single year.

If you ask me where the problems are at Disney, I think that they should sell Hulu, and Sell ABC and/or ESPN in a package deal. Lastly, cut spending at Disney+ on original content while also adding more library content to compensate. Possibly sign a distribution deal with other streamers for certain Disney movies (non-Marvel/non-Star Wars/non-Avatar), which would bring in added money to offset any potential losses at Disney+. Also, reign in overspending at the parks. The money spent on each project seems to be ridiculous.

The Fox assets (outside of Hulu) are not an issue at all and doing what I laid out would get them out of debt and slim down the company to where they should really focus.

It's been open in Orlando since before the parks closed for COVID and we know it's not much to get excited about. I'll give DL props in that this was an added ride to the park, so there is something to be excited about in that and it's also a pretty decent people eater.

Overall though the ride is just sort of okay. imo, it's a type of ride that I think USF or USH could use and while modern compared to other rides at DL, it's still very family friendly and slow. DL needs something that's a bit more intense which is why I am okay with people who want TRON to come there, although TRON is kind of more style of substance (read: beautiful lights over a coaster with anything new to deliver) and it's very short which is why I still struggle with if i'd have it replace the classic rides that it'd have to. I'd like to see them create a unique coaster for DL so the park isn't getting another clone.

Simpsons had nothing to do with why he bought it. Nor did Avatar on it's own. Hulu played a big role and Fox's back catalog of films (so the collective IP, not just an Avatar or Simpsons), which Disney was going to need to enter the streaming era. It also helped diversify Disney's film catalog as it gave Disney a bunch of R-rated titles and award winning titles along with FX, which is sort of Disney's HBO, and Searchlight Pictures, which is constantly putting out award winning/nominated films every single year.

If you ask me where the problems are at Disney, I think that they should sell Hulu, and Sell ABC and/or ESPN in a package deal. Lastly, cut spending at Disney+ on original content while also adding more library content to compensate. Possibly sign a distribution deal with other streamers for certain Disney movies (non-Marvel/non-Star Wars/non-Avatar), which would bring in added money to offset any potential losses at Disney+. Also, reign in overspending at the parks. The money spent on each project seems to be ridiculous.

The Fox assets (outside of Hulu) are not an issue at all and doing what I laid out would get them out of debt and slim down the company to where they should really focus.
Lots of good points. Especially cutting spending on Disney + original content. The long history of film and tv shows portrays a solid crap shoot of successful productions. Almost everything is a loss/failure. Disney now has
a very deep catalogue of film and movie stuff. Use that for Disney + and avoid the deep hole of losses that are certain from new content production costs/marketing. This is the kind of stuff that happens when your executives
don't have a long and solid experience in those industries. Anyone that has spent a long time working in film, tv and home entertainment would have predicted these losses far in advance. Unfortunately, too many investors and
business managers are enamored with the 'thrill and allure' of production. They all should be made to watch "The Producers" to understand what theater, film, tv is really about. Disney got fleeced, in so many words, just like those
Producer investors.

Btw I hope you all are prepared for this to have an almost identical ride experience (including preshow) with only 1 or 2 scenes being slightly longer and a mirrored layout. Seems like that's what we're getting. I think we're gonna see a lot of people disappointed on Friday.

I do still think this is a good addition to the park but it sounds like bloggers overhyped the differences that will be in this one compared to Orlando

Edit: WE GO AROUND THE TORNADO IN OUR VERSION

Last edited:
Disney is (and will continue to) be the leader and they have no problem packing their parks without any new additions. Yes Universal is building new stuff which will take a chunk of their market share, but Disney will still continue to make billions of dollars in profits from their parks quite comfortably.

Bingo.

Btw I hope you all are prepared for this to have an almost identical ride experience (including preshow) with only 1 or 2 scenes being slightly longer and a mirrored layout. Seems like that's what we're getting. I think we're gonna see a lot of people disappointed on Friday.

I do still think this is a good addition to the park but it sounds like bloggers overhyped the differences that will be in this one compared to Orlando

That sounds good to me! Although I heard “added scene”, I pretty much expected what you describe. I’ll gladly take it.

But I didn’t realize that our version was “mirrored”. Interesting.

In all honesty, this is what I was hoping for the most. I really like the ride as is, and the only nitpick I have with the DHS version is the tornado which you just pass by when it feels like it could've done more like go around it.

This is exactly what I needed to here, so my expectations are met!

In all honesty, this is what I was hoping for the most. I really like the ride as is, and the only nitpick I have with the DHS version is the tornado which you just pass by when it feels like it could've done more like go around it.

This is exactly what I needed to here, so my expectations are met!
Actually need to pump the breaks here a tad, I've heard a mixture of we are and we're not. Fingers crossed we'll get some sort of confirmations soon!

I’m kinda baffled by all the secrecy here as it’s a clone of a ride in Florida that’s been open for three years. I get that trying to secretly film was stupid, but is Disney seriously this petty? The ride opens in a few days!
It's still in previews though so I get it as things there could be a lot of stop and starting throughout the day that won't be there once the ride is officially open as they are testing different things with ops right now.

I mean lol

First off who films a clone ride? You got someone fired/in big trouble over a clone....this is why I don't trust bloggers its all about being first with zero craps given

Second....its a three year old ride and leaked footage 9/10 times creates more buzz....so Disney should not have punished everyone else

Ride looks more of less the same which is fine, I'm happy Mickey finally has a ride at Disneyland.

Love the Q, its just so nice to see all the Easter eggs. I hope they put effort into toontown so its worth keeping it this land....but this ride looks fun and for sure will be something I see on my next visit.....and honestly Disneyland is almost an impossible park to see in one day....so after Splash...I hope DCA gets like 3 more attractions, its needed considering its the same price

Ride looks more of less the same which is fine, I'm happy Mickey finally has a ride at Disneyland.

Love the Q, its just so nice to see all the Easter eggs. I hope they put effort into toontown so its worth keeping it this land....but this ride looks fun and for sure will be something I see on my next visit.....and honestly Disneyland is almost an impossible park to see in one day....so after Splash...I hope DCA gets like 3 more attractions, its needed considering its the same price
Agreed. Unless it's the TL revamp we've always wanted, I hope after this they give DCA more rides....preferably a coaster or two. I don't even do a park hopper anymore as I want to enjoy the full day at DL. DCA just ain't worth the equal price.

Agreed. Unless it's the TL revamp we've always wanted, I hope after this they give DCA more rides....preferably a coaster or two. I don't even do a park hopper anymore as I want to enjoy the full day at DL. DCA just ain't worth the equal price.
I normally go on 3 day trip and thats how I get DCA in...I do love that park but it just needs more to do. Hollywood needs to be redone and people will hate me for it but the animation building has to go.....not saying they can't add that to the land again but smaller but that building is just wayyyyyyy to big for what it could be....same with the Disney channel show, its cute but you can fit 2 new rides in that block of the park alone, then we have the old who wants to be a millionaire building and old Tron arcade and even Monsters can go....we can get 4-6 new rides in Hollywood alone if they want to