Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It seems there is one big yellow button for every seat that you will press when prompted and a thrusters lever for the pilot or copilot. Very mission space.

This ride will give the illusion of anything is possible but cleverly will keep the experience on railroad tracks. I think of it as a series of 30 second segments. Toward the end of each segment you will have two or more options. The option you choose will dictate what segment plays next. At the end of that segment another option. Like branches of a tree in the same story. But each one of those segments will be just as long as the option you didn't choose so the timing in the end will be exactly the same. But it will feel like you had a unique experience. It might take a dozen or so rides before you start repeating sequences in the same order.
This isn't how it will work. The ride is exactly like a real-life flight simulator. Everything is rendered in real-time. There are no pre-rendered sequences or anything like that. When you turn the wheel left, the whole simulator will bank left, when you turn the wheel right, it will bank right. And only to the degree that you turned the wheel. You can fire the cannons anytime you want, or none at all. It's all up to you. But just as video games have borders, so will the ride. This is how it'll keep you on track, also you won't be able to die. (If you crash the ship into the wall, you will feel it, but the ship won't explode.) It will be virtually mathematically impossible to have exactly the same experience twice. (The odds are so low, it'd be a miracle.). Further, there are 3 randomly selected missions to add even more to the rerideability. If you finish a little early, you finish a little early and there will be sequence that will play, still rendered in real-time, while you wait to get off. If you don't finish in time, then you fail the mission and this will be explained in the story. For example, in one of the missions, a race, the opponent will finish before you do.

It is the exact opposite of Mission Space. This is not fake interactivity. This is as interactive as you can practically get.

Last edited:
Here's a graphic from a new Star Wars book called "Pirate's Price", which shows the "Flight of the Falcon". This seems to indicate that it ends up on Batuu after Crait, which would mean that the land is set directly after The Last Jedi.

flight-of-the-falcon-path-1024x576.jpg

Reactions: Coasted
Here's a graphic from a new Star Wars book called "Pirate's Price", which shows the "Flight of the Falcon". This seems to indicate that it ends up on Batuu after Crait, which would mean that the land is set directly after The Last Jedi.

flight-of-the-falcon-path-1024x576.jpg
When you're on a road trip and stop at every gas station to pee

Reactions: TheGentTrent

Two items of note:

1. They have devised a way to justify why we see the Falcon parked where it is and also why we won't be entering it there (or seeing others entering it).

2. This Hondo character is going to be an AA in the queue.

I still think they need to do a better job of spinning an "Engineer" seat assignment as anything other than the clear least-interesting place to be in the ride. "You get to reroute the power!" is not going to excite any kid when they know the other options are "Fly the ship" and "Shoot at stuff."

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
Two items of note:

1. They have devised a way to justify why we see the Falcon parked where it is and also why we won't be entering it there (or seeing others entering it).

2. This Hondo character is going to be an AA in the queue.

I still think they need to do a better job of spinning an "Engineer" seat assignment as anything other than the clear least-interesting place to be in the ride. "You get the reroute the power!" is not going to excite any kid when the know the other options are "Fly the ship" and "Shoot at stuff."

Only until the kid sees that everyone is just pushing buttons, with the lone exception of the guy pulling the lever, and moving a steering wheel that impacts things as much as the ones on Jungle Cruise.

So it’s going to be like Jimmy Fallon virtual Queue when you get into the ship.

That’ll be great for 1st/2nd time riders, but make repeat rides prolonged. That said, the odds of having repeat rides will be slim for a few years.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Still completely non-plussed by Hondo being the main character here, but that AA is splendid

Yeah, I stand by my contention that using a character the majority of guests don't know is an unusual move. Could have been Lando, getting back into the smuggling game in his spare time, or something.

But then we wouldn't be getting an AA of the character.

Yeah, I stand by my contention that using a character the majority of guests don't know is an unusual move. Could have been Lando, getting back into the smuggling game in his spare time, or something.

But then we wouldn't be getting an AA of the character.

I think it should have been Chewie and Rey, personally.

Do we think this ride will similar to Mission Space when were doing light speed our bodies are like glued to the seats?