Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

Sigh. It was bound to happen eventually. I hate what Disney has done with FP+. It has increased wait times across the board to ridiculous levels. They give out far too many times per hour. It’s to the point that if you don’t have a FP the lines are torture.

At this point I wouldn’t even be mad if Disney moved FP to pay only if that meant it reduced the number of times given out.

Got on this at about 7:15am this morning.

Excellent queue, followed by a fun -- but very lightweight -- ride. I was lucky enough to be a pilot, and I had a very good time being in the THE seat on the Falcon, but I could imagine that if you’re not a pilot, this could essentially be a lesser version of Star Tours (enjoyed the RISE OF SKYWALKER iteration of that ride that they’re currently running, by the way). All the trappings around the ride experience are A+, though. I'd consider it a quality D-ticket.

Wanted to single-rider a couple more rides to see the other crew positions, but was vetoed by the rest of my group, who didn't want to wait for me or ride it alone themselves!

I saw this yesterday. Is the only difference in the ride the fact that you hear Chewie? I have only ridden it once so I can’t tell if it is a different video as well.

Some guests wondered how not distributing the cards yet you still have to press all the buttons and levers would help protect guests... but it wasn’t done to protect guests so much as it was done to protect Cast Members from catching something, which in turn protects guests.

Health concerns or not, I kind of think this is what the procedure should have been anyway. The cards don't accomplish anything significant that organized CMs can't, and I would think this streamlines the process.

Via the standby and single rider lines, I was able to ride this three times last week, and got to take part in all three crew positions (having only been a pilot before).

I found the gunner to be -- far and away -- the "worst" seat to be in; there's nothing satisfying about the mechanics of how you take out enemies. In contrast, I kind of enjoyed the engineer position because I really had no expectations for it.

The pilot is still the position to be in, of course.

So with Star Tours getting yet another batch of scenes, it really hammers home that Smugglers hasn't gotten any new missions since it opened. And for me it definitely needs them since this attraction has gotten stale, which is a shocking thing to say about any interactive ride but by George, that's how I feel.

So with Star Tours getting yet another batch of scenes, it really hammers home that Smugglers hasn't gotten any new missions since it opened. And for me it definitely needs them since this attraction has gotten stale, which is a shocking thing to say about any interactive ride but by George, that's how I feel.
Yeah, this is almost a worse version of Star Tours in some ways if you aren't one of the two pilots.

While I agree that Smuggler's Run needs new missions, I think it's a fine attraction.

I do think that the single rider option makes the back seats more of a value; I was shocked how I was able to walk right on the thing during my last trip, and I had a good time pushing buttons as the engineer because I knew I had saved a ton of time. It was like a bonus for my day (having already been on the attraction with the rest of my party via the standby queue earlier in the morning).

While I agree that Smuggler's Run needs new missions, I think it's a fine attraction.

I do think that the single rider option makes the back seats more of a value; I was shocked how I was able to walk right on the thing during my last trip, and I had a good time pushing buttons as the engineer because I knew I had saved a ton of time. It was like a bonus for my day (having already been on the attraction with the rest of my party via the standby queue earlier in the morning).
On opening day of SWGE back in August 2019 at DHS I spent the day cycling through the single rider line over and over and definitely rode the ride over 10 times. There was very little else to do in the land with Rise not open yet besides just checking out stores or trying food so I just did it over and over. That's probably why I don't do the ride too much anymore now lol. I've done it enough. Give it something new.

Yeah, this is almost a worse version of Star Tours in some ways if you aren't one of the two pilots.

Thinking about it, it just doesn't have that "One More Ride" factor that a good interactive ride has. Once you've gotten that second container, you've pretty much done all that you can in the ride and you're not feeling enticed to go back. Compare that to Men in Black where you can get Galaxy Defender countless times, yet it still gives you that "One More Ride" feeling.

It also doesn't help that when I go with kids, I tend to let them pilot... forgetting just how terrible they are at piloting until it's too late and making for a ROUGH ride. Niece couldn't even reach the lever to put us into lightspeed. Useless.

Star Tours is actually better at repeatability and original Star Wars atmosphere. But, I like one time on the Falcon per trip to WDW, but one is certainly enough. A new, and more combat like, journey would help immensely.

Star Tours is actually better at repeatability and original Star Wars atmosphere. But, I like one time on the Falcon per trip to WDW, but one is certainly enough. A new, and more combat like, journey would help immensely.
Star Tours is far better on repeatability and with it having a short wait, you can do it multiple times in a row easy most of the time at DHS at least. In Disneyland it's still pretty busy when i've seen it.