Minion Café - USF | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why?

-The ride currently has the weakest theming in the park. It can only get better
-Could benefit from a massive refurb to smooth it out
-Would make more thematic sense than having “Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit” inside of Minion Land (or it’s own mini-land)
Minions and RRR have different target demographics. I don’t think any teens or adults would be much more excited to ride if it was Minion themed.

Rockit scores well and the primary UO clientele can’t get enough roller coasters. IMO, leave Rockit alone and just keep building newer, better coasters elsewhere to coexist.

The problem is reliability. The coaster has been marked with issues since it opened, and we're approaching Year 15 - which is around the same timeframe they looked at Hulk and DD.

The problem is reliability. The coaster has been marked with issues since it opened, and we're approaching Year 15 - which is around the same timeframe they looked at Hulk and DD.
My understanding was that, yes, it had more downtime minutes than the average ride in the park, but that this was caused by weather more than anything (more susceptible to wind and cold than the other outdoor coasters).

Even if that’s not the full picture, given the weird plot of land it sits on I think the move would be to either try to fix it or leave it running until it can’t anymore…while building better roller coasters on the other vacant plots across the resort.

My understanding was that, yes, it had more downtime minutes than the average ride in the park, but that this was caused by weather more than anything (more susceptible to wind and cold than the other outdoor coasters).

Even if that’s not the full picture, given the weird plot of land it sits on I think the move would be to either try to fix it or leave it running until it can’t anymore…while building better roller coasters on the other vacant plots across the resort.
It's had some issues beyond that, but the weather definitely plays a big factor in the downtime in recent years. If this were any other coaster, I'd agree - but it's THIS one and its history which is why it causes my pause.

Between Velocicoaster and FF in Hollywood, Comcast’s Universal doesn’t seem deterred by finding weird places to build coasters. They’ve done it once here, they can do it again. But I don’t see the point of doing a Minions coaster.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
New Details about Minion Land, Minion Cafe.
Universal Orlando has released new information on their upcoming, and highly anticipated, Minion Land on Illumination Ave., opening this summer at Universal Studios Florida.

Well RRR doesn’t have to be themed to minions. It could be themed to Sing. You already have sort of a music genre partitions between the main characters, sort of. Ash would definitely be classic rock/metal. I could easily see Gunter be club/ electrónica. Meena would be pop/ diva. Then It’s starts to get difficult and a bit of a stretch. Jonny doesn’t really play rap/ hip hop in the movie but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch. Rosita could be country, she does do Taylor Swift in the movie, and Taylor was originally country music, I think.

Have Moon in the queue holding auditions for new singers of his new show (moon animatronic please) and clips of the characters playing with the genres.

Hell change the stage in front of the coaster to look like the torn down stage at the end of the first movie.

It will never happen but could work.

HRRR should 100% be replaced, especially now that it's a thematic non sequitur in this Illumination/Minions area.

That said, there are many other things I'd rather see USF get to work on before that, so I'd put it a way down the priority list.

My brother, you are getting an entirely new monster land, restaurant included
We already litigated this! That restaurant is not going to be a celebration of the pop culture identity/presence/depiction of the Monsters, it's going to (very likely) be Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron-ish.

That's not saying it won't be good! But some (a lot?) of us liked the Monsters Cafe vibe quite a bit.

HRRR should 100% be replaced, especially now that it's a thematic non sequitur in this Illumination/Minions area.

That said, there are many other things I'd rather see USF get to work on before that, so I'd put it a way down the priority list.

We already litigated this! That restaurant is not going to be a celebration of the pop culture identity/presence/depiction of the Monsters, it's going to (very likely) be Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron-ish.

That's not saying it won't be good! But some (a lot?) of us liked the Monsters Cafe vibe quite a bit.
I tend to hear you, whether I agree fully or disagree fully, but this entire land is gonna be a celebration of the Monsters. I get Moneters Cafe was for some people, not discrediting that, but I think this conversation will be over come 2025. Minion Cafe will bring the same nostalgic, celebratory vibes for a new generation of guests.

I liked the Monsters Cafe a lot too, but I’m really not that upset by it’s closure. It would be kinda weird to have it alone in this park while EU has the whole land, even if that land doesn’t have an identical counterpart to the Cafe.

Think if USF had a restaurant dedicated to the making of Jurassic Park: yes it’s a popular Universal franchise, yes it’s had a profound effect on pop culture, and yes it revolutionized how movies are made, but it would be out of place when Islands has the entire Jurassic Park land. I know that’s not entirely the same situation with Monsters, but I’m not opposed to franchises sticking with one park (with Potter being the exception I guess).

The concept art makes the area look great. I agree on the point raised about the "Cafe" signage, it's really hard to read and too cluttered. Hopefully it's not that bad when complete.

I do wish the cafe and all was built closer to the park entrance side because it does look fantastic.

Is there any chance they may redo the streets between the sound stages? Nothing crazy, more like freshen up the street paint or make it more cartoonish? Something that matches like the pathway in the Simpsons area.

This will make a bajillion more dollars than Monsters Cafe
I do not want to walk through that pathway during a concert. The foot traffic between everyone getting treats and waiting/watching the concert is going to be heavy. Good for Uni though! lol