Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Minion Park/Despicable Me (USS)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
So, with USS finally getting a proper section (along with Beijing and Osaka; which, @Brian G. is great for that), I figured it might make sense to bring up Despicable Mefor the Singapore park, as we do know a bit more than what is happening for the case of Super Nintendo World.

__

Despicable Me will be joining the Singapore park, with Minion Park; as it seems that as of now, that they will take inspiration from the Osaka based area of the same name. And with it, Minion Park is replacing the currently existing DWA-themed land of Madagascar.

Integrated resorts to build new world-class attractions, exclusivity period extended to 2030; entry levies to go up from Thursday, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Madagascar, has two attractions, a shop, and a dining option; as the size of the area is about 3.75 acres (and that's while croaching against aspects of Far Far Away), as it should open sometime from 2021 to 2025. If they want to expand space, they could take things like Shrek's swamp and a portion of the lake; which could give them about 4 acres in total.

Universal Studios Singapore already has a presence of the Minions, with the gift shop Minion Mart.

...to give my guessing cents,

• The queue for Madagascar is being ripped entirely, as is the ride itself internally
  • Despicable Me will follow the Hollywood version of a two theater system, but with most of the queue within the showbuilding (with only portions outside for the sake of an extended queue)
  • Freeze Ray Sliders is added as a third attraction for the area, replacing Shrek's Swamphouse

Last edited:
So, with USS finally getting a proper section (along with Beijing and Osaka; which, @Brian G. is great for that), I figured it might make sense to bring up Despicable Mefor the Singapore park, as we do know a bit more than what is happening for the case of Super Nintendo World.

__

Despicable Me will be joining the Singapore park, with Minion Park; as it seems that as of now, that they will take inspiration from the Osaka based area of the same name. And with it, Minion Park is replacing the currently existing DWA-themed land of Madagascar.

Integrated resorts to build new world-class attractions, exclusivity period extended to 2030; entry levies to go up from Thursday, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Madagascar, has two attractions, a shop, and a dining option; as the size of the area is about 3.75 acres (and that's while croaching against aspects of Far Far Away), as it should open sometime from 2021 to 2025. If they want to expand space, they could take things like Shrek's swamp and a portion of the lake; which could give them about 4 acres in total.

Universal Studios Singapore already has a presence of the Minions, with the gift shop Minion Mart.

...to give my guessing cents,

• The queue for Madagascar is being ripped entirely, as is the ride itself internally
  • Despicable Me will follow the Hollywood version of a two theater system, but with most of the queue within the showbuilding (with only portions outside for the sake of an extended queue)
  • Freeze Ray Sliders is added as a third attraction for the area, replacing Shrek's Swamphouse

I agree with your predictions but a few other bits from me:
  • What happens to the carousel? I'd say it could be rethemed to Minions
  • I just don't see how the artwork released will be the actual layout of the land in singapore - not if they are simply reusing the madagascar building, more likely to be a similar kind of layout to the Simpsons and fast food boulevard in Orlando with the park running along the front.
  • I think Far Far Away airlines coaster is safe as they really don't need to extend that far for Minion park

I agree with your predictions but a few other bits from me:
  • What happens to the carousel? I'd say it could be rethemed to Minions
  • I just don't see how the artwork released will be the actual layout of the land in singapore - not if they are simply reusing the madagascar building, more likely to be a similar kind of layout to the Simpsons and fast food boulevard in Orlando with the park running along the front.
  • I think Far Far Away airlines coaster is safe as they really don't need to extend that far for Minion park

I imagine they had it there just to somewhat say "This is an example of what's to come", no way or shape is it going to be the same.

My curiosity, is what happens to the large outdoor queue, as the showbuilding alone could fit in the ride and queue quite easily, without them having to resort to using any exterior space for the DMMM attraction.

What are the chances they build a Minions boat ride..?

Gonna take a guess, considering the crap that went down for Madagascar, that it's going to be a rip.tear.kill scenario for the Madagascar attraction (with the only thing staying, is the showbuilding shell, like Fallon if you will).

Last edited:
Just read on themeparx that this is being cut, or significantly scaled back and will basically just be the Minion Mayhem ride, if anything. Any truth to this? Not surprising if true I guess. Park already has extremely limited space and they probably want all future funds to be towards SNW.

If anyone has the watched "The Making of Jurassic World VelociCoaster" video, one might be able to spot out a photo USS Minion Park layout...

If anyone has the watched "The Making of Jurassic World VelociCoaster" video, one might be able to spot out a photo USS Minion Park layout...
Mind sharing a link? I got family who lives half the year in Singapore so this park always appealed to me and then haha

Owls are singing, flowers are blooming, and on nights like these, it's often time to wonder, why Minion Park gets rebranded to Minion Land.

- RWS 2.0 will be beginning construction in Q2 2022
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem & an "Singapore Exclusive" attraction
- Being rebranded (as mentioned) to Minion Land.

Minion Land will thrill and delight audiences of all ages with its popular and mischievous Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me.

New adventures will be in store at the expansive zone, where there will be multiple rides including a world’s first original ride exclusive to Universal Studios Singapore, and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, an immersive motion-simulator 3D ride featuring a hyper-realistic projection system.

Themed shops as well as restaurants in this new zone will appeal to multigenerational guests

Owls are singing, flowers are blooming, and on nights like these, it's often time to wonder, why Minion Park gets rebranded to Minion Land.

- RWS 2.0 will be beginning construction in Q2 2022
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem & an "Singapore Exclusive" attraction
- Being rebranded (as mentioned) to Minion Land.

What type of ride do you think this original ride could be? Also any word if they will demo the Madagascar show building or repurpose it for Minion Mayhem?

What type of ride do you think this original ride could be? Also any word if they will demo the Madagascar show building or repurpose it for Minion Mayhem?

Looking at the concept art i see a large sized building behind something that looks like the villain con logo, so maybe some sort of shooter action like what's being built in Orlando but maybe an actual ride system.

Looking at the concept art i see a large sized building behind something that looks like the villain con logo, so maybe some sort of shooter action like what's being built in Orlando but maybe an actual ride system.
That is a great theory! maybe instead of a moving walkway like they are getting in Orlando we could see a ride system maybe on the lines of Web Slingers at DCA. I would like to point out that when I Googled it, I am not seeing concept art for Singapore's minion land yet. The one that had the Villain Con logo was for Japan's version of the land

That is a great theory! maybe instead of a moving walkway like they are getting in Orlando we could see a ride system maybe on the lines of Web Slingers at DCA. I would like to point out that when I Googled it, I am not seeing concept art for Singapore's minion land yet. The one that had the Villain Con logo was for Japan's version of the land

It’s in the PDF of their plans/announcement unless they mislabeled that as Singapore concept art.

I think I figured out the layout for Minion land. The exclusive ride will be a reskin of the Madagascar carousel and Minion Mayhem will go in the spot of what used to be the Madagascar boat ride queue and load/unload area. After looking at sky views at USS that is the only spot MM could fit into. SNW is certainly going where Crate Adventure was as that is the only area that has enough space behind it to fit the MK show building. But I do wonder how they will redesign the MK queue and by extension upstairs building layout to be able to go over the Monorail track unless the reroute it but I think the former is more likely.