Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

Looks cute. I don't think the slide itself is a "response" to VB but the overall redevelopment of TL probably is. Interesting the one thing they could easily do, MM+, to replicate a lot of VB they aren't doing.

It's definitely a start to a response, and a definite nudge in Disney's view towards eyeing ambition. I don't think aside from the actual parks themselves that there's an individual attraction with specific story elements, themed rafts, show pieces and such in their water parks. The presentation is all there, even if the slide is milder than some expected.

Still, this is a family raft slide given elements to allow it to resemble a Disney attraction. There's a themed queue, a story, connection to SEA, a themed safety spiel, landscaped brooks in the load/unload, a themed lift hill, an AA and themed pieces along the slide. Like you said, this gives further credence to the possible use of MM+ in the future as the line feels already set up for it. In addition, it blurs the line of what is a "water park" and what entails a "water theme park", much like Krakatau Aqua Coaster will be. I could very much see a similar addition to BB next year.

This is great for small children and their parents, and is a solid representation for Disney on the water park front. VB and their own Pandora will sweep the attention away but that's fine. It exceeded my expectations with a really nice AA and queue, so I'm satisfied. Good for TL.

(Shark Reef getting the Epcot shaft treatment less so)

It's definitely a start to a response, and a definite nudge in Disney's view towards eyeing ambition. I don't think aside from the actual parks themselves that there's an individual attraction with specific story elements, themed rafts, show pieces and such in their water parks. The presentation is all there, even if the slide is milder than some expected.

Still, this is a family raft slide given elements to allow it to resemble a Disney attraction. There's a themed queue, a story, connection to SEA, a themed safety spiel, landscaped brooks in the load/unload, a themed lift hill, an AA and themed pieces along the slide. Like you said, this gives further credence to the possible use of MM+ in the future as the line feels already set up for it. In addition, it blurs the line of what is a "water park" and what entails a "water theme park", much like Krakatau Aqua Coaster will be. I could very much see a similar addition to BB next year.

This is great for small children and their parents, and is a solid representation for Disney on the water park front. VB and their own Pandora will sweep the attention away but that's fine. It exceeded my expectations with a really nice AA and queue, so I'm satisfied. Good for TL.

(Shark Reef getting the Epcot shaft treatment less so)

I agree. When you realize who the attraction is for and the level at which Disney themed this (being a water slide mind you), it ends up passing with flying colors.

Now as you mentioned in your post, my hope is that the next water slide (whether in TL or BB) is themed to that level as well. I like to think that Disney will at least challenge/surpass the VB slides in the future due to the fact that the bar has been set at VB and of course, competition. Yes, I want to see Disney come out with something thrilling, but to me, the way the attraction is done theme-wise is what will set it apart from the rest. We shall see.

The only bad thing I can say is that they're using the older style raft that makes rides feel slow and clunky, besides that they've knocked it out park and set a new bar for themselves for all future water slides.

Rode this today. Impressed. Fun. Recommend. Suddenly all those trees in are place. Long queue due to capacity for number of rafts on ramp / slide - not due to fact is slow for guests to climb / tip into raft floating on water (vs Teamboat Springs on stable conveyor surface). The queue area was virtually full. Excuse the pun - I mean nearly the whole queuing area.IMG_8188.JPGIMG_8203.PNG

Wonder if they could do something with that spot of land in between Miss Adventure Falls and Crush n' Gusher...
I had the same thought way back in this thread. The only thing is that it's a tight plot so they may need to build up to use it... think Ihu's Breakaway at Aquatica.

I had the same thought way back in this thread. The only thing is that it's a tight plot so they may need to build up to use it... think Ihu's Breakaway at Aquatica.

Either that, or use the Shark Reef land.

If they never use that plot of land, it will always make me wonder why they didn't expand Miss Adventure Falls more, even if it's a family raft ride.

Either that, or use the Shark Reef land.

If they never use that plot of land, it will always make me wonder why they didn't expand Miss Adventure Falls more, even if it's a family raft ride.
I have to think that eventually they will use the Shark Reef land again.

I think Universal will practically force their hand to do so as time goes on.

Wonder if they could do something with that spot of land in between Miss Adventure Falls and Crush n' Gusher...
They could do a lot if they were willing and had the budget. The management perspective was summed up when Iger declared the parks were a mature market and not worthy of investment. That is what they work with and why this "family ride" is all they have added in 25 years. Don't look for more, be happy with what they added.

They could do a lot if they were willing and had the budget. The management perspective was summed up when Iger declared the parks were a mature market and not worthy of investment. That is what they work with and why this "family ride" is all they have added in 25 years. Don't look for more, be happy with what they added.

If VB wasn't in the picture, I would be more content. Not trying to sound spoiled or anything, but you would think that management would keep their foot on the gas with competition lurking down I-4 in a month.

It's sad to me that Miss Adventure Falls is longer than every family slide at Volcano Bay and in some cases longer than two slides combined. But then again, this is also Typhoon Lagoon's longest slide so look who's talking. Oy :bonk: