Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And again - they have completely redesigned the restraint system on the ride since the versions cited have opened. It's *completely not fair* to pass judgement on the ride system without at least having that basic knowledge and understanding of it.

Yes, I am aware that they have designed a new restraint system. I am assuming that it will be similar to the restraints on the on the new trains added to the old bommerang coaster that was recently moved to Carowinds.

dbcobrafinaltrain6003.jpg

I was just stating that the Rugrats coaster is a rough ride. And I do feel pretty comfortable with my "basic" understanding of ride systems.

Yes, I am aware that they have designed a new restraint system. I am assuming that it will be similar to the restraints on the on the new trains added to the old bommerang coaster that was recently moved to Carowinds.

I was just stating that the Rugrats coaster is a rough ride. And I do feel pretty comfortable with my "basic" understanding of ride systems.

The restraints on the junior suspended coasters are a little less agreesive than on the boomerang there, but it's a COMPLETELY different ride experience.

I don't think anyone ever disputed that Reptar was an awful ride? :shrug:

I was curious about something while at Star Wars Weekends today.

Every year, they have used the soundstage next to the Backlot Tour for the event merch store (Wicket's Warehouse). This year, they moved the exclusive merch store to the AFI Showcase / Backlot Tour exit gift shop. The spot is WAY smaller than the old soundstage store, and at times you have to actually line queue to wait to get in.

Was just wondering -- what reason would they possibly have for bottle-necking everyone into this tiny capacity shop, which has some of the most exclusive (and expensive) SWW merch ever, if the empty soundstage is available?

Unless... if it's not available?......

Something has to be going down in there. What are the chances it's this long-rumored project? Or if not......... what then?

There have been rumblings of something going on there for the past few months. Lots of people reportedly seeing Imagineers entering/exiting the building. From a WDWNT posting:

"Rumors indicate that this set is once again “red hot”. Imagineers have been spotted coming in and out of the building after a long absence, leading us to believe that the Monsters Inc. suspended coaster is back on track" - http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2010/05/12/matt-pauls-51010-hollywood-studios-photo-report/

Rewster, I thought the same thing and there is no way that they would go to such a poor setup without a good reason.There is no other conclusion then something going in there.

There have been rumblings of something going on there for the past few months. Lots of people reportedly seeing Imagineers entering/exiting the building. From a WDWNT posting:

"Rumors indicate that this set is once again “red hot”. Imagineers have been spotted coming in and out of the building after a long absence, leading us to believe that the Monsters Inc. suspended coaster is back on track" - http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2010/05/12/matt-pauls-51010-hollywood-studios-photo-report/

Interesting find. So this thing might be happening? That's great, because Monsters Inc. deserves more than just the Laugh Floor. Anyone know the rumored completion date? Hopefully there will be an announcement by the time Star Tours 2.0 is finished.

Last edited:
Personally I think the Incredibles have been incredibly left out of all theme parks and that movie was much better than Monsters Inc.

It is just weird though that Disney has ignored this property though.

Personally I think the Incredibles have been incredibly left out of all theme parks and that movie was much better than Monsters Inc.

It is just weird though that Disney has ignored this property though.

I completely agree. While Monsters is a terrific movie, The Incredibles was one of, if not THE, best Pixar film.

But unfortunately Disney is run by money and franchises now, and MI is set to become a franchise with the release of MI2, and the Incredibles sequel is no where close on the horizon.

As for the coaster, I would say it's basically a definite at this point.

ooh how i hope that If a monsters inc coaster open's they will close that laugh floor. and put something worth my time in that building! maybe a timekeeper for the 21st century!

ooh how i hope that If a monsters inc coaster open's they will close that laugh floor. and put something worth my time in that building! maybe a timekeeper for the 21st century!

Timekeeper would be completely fine the way it was.

Still, don't expect the Laugh Floor to leave anytime soon. Stitch would definitely be gone before it.

Please get rid of Stich.

I LOVE lilo and stitch, I hadn't laughed that hard at a Disney movie in FOREVER. But the attraction just doesn't work in its current state, for kids maybe but for adults its just ok.

Well anyone who experienced Alien Encounter hate it, those who never did would probably enjoy it.

I LOVE lilo and stitch, I hadn't laughed that hard at a Disney movie in FOREVER. But the attraction just doesn't work in its current state, for kids maybe but for adults its just ok.

SGE actually does terrible for the kid demo. The darkness still scares the bejesus out of kids.

It's the most complained about attraction in the MK.

Incredibles was good but not Pixars best. My top favorites are Toy Story and Up. Toy story is already in the parks (but I wouldn't argue if more came) and Up should really get put into a ride. Unfortunetally Monsters Inc. is 99% confirmed so we have to wait a few more years for another franchise to make its way in.

Incredibles was good but not Pixars best. My top favorites are Toy Story and Up. Toy story is already in the parks (but I wouldn't argue if more came) and Up should really get put into a ride. Unfortunetally Monsters Inc. is 99% confirmed so we have to wait a few more years for another franchise to make its way in.

Incredibles is tied for second with Up and WALL-E is the best for me.

But I wouldn't expect to see an Up attraction anytime soon. Iger has basically said that he wants attractions to promote Disney's franchises, and I doubt Up will ever get a sequel.

I would not expect to see an Up sequel either but I really do not want to see a sequel. The story is over and that is that. But I belive the movie is good enough to warrent an attraction with no new movies coming out. Pixar movies are going to be rembered for a long time and be added to classics that people will watch for years.

I would not expect to see an Up sequel either but I really do not want to see a sequel. The story is over and that is that. But I belive the movie is good enough to warrent an attraction with no new movies coming out. Pixar movies are going to be rembered for a long time and be added to classics that people will watch for years.

Oh, I agree completely. I just don't think Iger's way of thinking is the same.

Oh, I agree completely. I just don't think Iger's way of thinking is the same.

True, and as much as we want it we aren't the top seats and Disney and they are the ones making the calls. But I really don't know what franchises Disney wants to build on in the parks that have not been announced. Fantasyland has the princesses covered and it seems that Disney’s biggest success stories have been in Pixar. The franchise I hope that Disney brings the Prince of Persia into the parks. Disney would really be touching a demographic that has not been touched in the Orlando theme parks being gamers. Prince is a great franchise in term of lifespan because fans and the people who bring the series to life love it, which is why since 2003 we have seen the Prince poop up in different respects and medias. It would also bring in teens because being one I know the Prince is an amazing series and could work wonders at a park.