Moon Knight (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Moon Knight (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hawke's character seems to of been more easily pin pointed, as being an avatar of Amunet, the hidden one.

That said, the shot of Spector as Moon Knight, gliding down to the ground with the cape shaped like a crescent moon, is one of the best shots out of any Marvel solo outing. It perfectly feels like something straight out of comics.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I don't have many spoiler thoughts yet, but for me, only Loki comes even close to the level that Moon Knight. was at in this episode as far as debuts for MCU shows. Oscar Isaac kills it

If I had to describe this show (okay, episode) to someone who knew nothing, it's like Night at the Museum meets Fight Club with a tinge of The Mummy (1999). I really hope it can maintain the quality this episode was at and the tone this episode had.

Also, in the UK, this is a 16+ rated show (closest equivalent to TV-MA) that they have. It's the first MCU show to get that 16+ in the UK, however, it is still TV-14 in the US, but based on the 16+, it seems like they are going to push the boundaries as much as possible.

I liked it - I thought it was a solid start and I’m definitely interested to see where it goes. It’s also the first time I’m feeling some MCU fatigue (and I say this as its most ardent supporter).

I agree this is a different, darker take that we haven’t seen before, but I’m becoming somewhat numb to these shows already and we’re only on the 5th series. When WandaVision and FatWS came out, I was up at the crack of dawn every morning to watch it before it could get spoiled. I don’t know if I’ll do that with this show.

Last edited:
I liked it - I thought it was a solid start and I’m definitely interested to see where it goes. It’s also the first time I’m feeling some MCU fatigue (and I see this as its most ardent supporter).

I agree this is a different, darker take that we haven’t seen before, but I’m becoming somewhat numb to these shows already and we’re only on the 5th series. When WandaVision and FatWS came out, I was up at the crack of dawn every morning to watch it before it could get spoiled. I don’t know if I’ll do that with this show.
Yeah, I think that adding MCU series on top of the movies really has lead to some fatigue. It's constant.

Came into this completely blind, didn’t watch any of the promos they had for this methinks. Was surprised to see that this featured on Egyptian Mythology, for some reason I thought I would be getting straight sci fi based on the usual MCU installments. I get how the twist worked, but I still would have liked to see at least one actual fight scene (I don’t count the one with the creature at the end as it was from a shot where we didn’t really see much of it).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think this is a case scenario to where I'll wait on weighing one side to another, but I liked it.

Bit surprised on certain aspects, though it isn't making me want to watch this early in the morning. Definitely not jaded though.

Boba is the show that I just stopped caring to watch right away when it came out, but that was more the show than fatigue. I'm actually pretty excited to watch the rest of this series play out.

Last edited:
Boba is the show that I just stopped caring to watch right away when it came out, but that was more the show than fatigue. I'm actually pretty excited to watch the rest of this series play out.

Genuinely interested, it isn't stopping me in the slightest or feeling jaded. But I kind of wish we got 2 episodes instead of just one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Loved it! Il really like how they are framing the multiple personalities as a mystery. He snaps out of one and everyone is dead!

The last scenes was kick ass. I just want to see more of the costumed hero.

*I bought Moon Knight comics as a kid in the 80s/90s so I love that this obscure character is getting a show.

**Also:

3:45 says it all. Not some second tier hero! :lmao:

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Might wanna edit that post there, :thumbsup:

Genuinely interested, it isn't stopping me in the slightest or feeling jaded. But I kind of wish we got 2 episodes instead of just one.
Yeah, I like the way Amazon does it by releasing 2 episodes per week. Eventually Disney+ will have to start releasing more than one per week imo, especially as they have more and more shows coming out I feel like a change in release strategy is inevitable soon enough, especially once they combine Hulu and Disney+ into one service eventually.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I felt this was a fun debut, Oscar Isaac did a nice job and I liked the off-kilter tone as you didn't really know which way things were gonna' swing. I also loved the bit in the elevator as that was a nice freaky shot.

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes!

Well I Fing loved this....love the horror, mystery, the humor the acting was great and can't wait to see more

I felt this was a fun debut, Oscar Isaac did a nice job and I liked the off-kilter tone as you didn't really know which way things were gonna' swing. I also loved the bit in the elevator as that was a nice freaky shot.

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes!
Yeah, that was a good horror-esque moment and a good tone-setter for the show.

Oscar Isaac is carrying the first episode almost completely by himself and he does a great job.
I don't know a thing about the comic and I was fine with that until the bathroom scene at the end where the silly cgi character appeared. That was kind of bad after the amazing sequence with the mirrors.

Watched episode 2 and thought it definitely fleshed things out and drew a clearer line between who Steven is and who Marc is. Overall, this episode wasn't as good as the debut (which i've already said I really enjoyed), but it was a nice continuation.

The addition of Layla was a nice element to the show. I have to say, I don't like Marc as much as Steven. Probably because Marc has it all figured out and knows what he's doing and Steven is figuring things out and still getting his ass kicked as Mr. Knight whereas Marc just takes over as Moon Knight and whoops ass. Overall, Marc just kinda comes off as a know-it-all compared to Steven and slightly annoying at times, too.

Like, yeah, we're all here to see Moon Knight whoop some ass. In the comics however, he's never had one run that is the ultimate run that fans can point too. They just kept creating different versions. I would love to see Steven be the Moon Knight that we can point to after this show is over.

What was disappointing to me was it seems as good and different as the first episode was, it seems Steven is poised to follow that MCU formula and level up in this series to become Moon Knight and probably have a fight against Marc. Even though I like Steven more, I hate how predictable it seems, just based on the MCU formula.

See, I loved the episode. I feel it was much better paced, drawing the lines between Steven, Marc, and Khonshu, alongside being able to show just how different the tone and feel is compared to other MCU TV projects. Definitely has my interests now, even in the lack of a tiny bit of less than stellar CGI.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
I'm loving it and while another poster thinks they know how it will end...i do not and hope it surprises us all

I'm loving it and while another poster thinks they know how it will end...i do not and hope it surprises us all
Hey, just because I think I know how it will end and i'm probably wrong, but with the MCU, it's normally about using common logic. It was ALWAYS gonna be Agatha at the end of WandaVision by the way they were setting it up as the "Cooky neighbor next door".

This is a much more intellectually complex show and a very cinematic show, which is one of the things I love about it as well. That shot of Egypt literally looked better than most of the money shots in Death on the Nile, which was set in Egypt.