Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated Flavor at Florean Fortescue’s

Which flavor are you looking forward to trying?

• Total voters
I cannot simply pick one! I think I'm gonna end up liking the Salted Caramel Blondie and the Chocolate Chili the most, but as far as most anticipated... it's gotta be Earl Grey and Lavender. No question!

Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of the Peanut Butter & Strawberry one they currently sell in The Three Broomsticks, so I'm looking forward to all these new and exotic flavors! :cheers:

I really hope that they add more traditional and unique flavors down the road. I know like 100 people that would look at all these flavors and say "no thanks". Yeah you could call them picky eaters but not everybody is down with chocolate chile ice cream :lol:

On my last visit to San Pedro Belize, I purchased dark chocolate with chiles from their local chocolate factory. I brought a bunch home as well. It is wonderful organic dark chocolates with a touch of habenero. Delicious!

Apple Crumble is my number one for now, but the Salted Caramel Blondie and Sticky Toffee sound great too. And the Earl Grey. And the Butterbeer. Sugar overload!

BTW, there's also gonna be a Granny Smith flavored soft-serve:

GreenAppleIC_A8T6096.jpg

(From the Universal Orlando blog)

I love the little color detail! I've never seen anything like that before! I tried to research it, and it could be this "Flavor Burst" tech they're using: http://www.taylorfreezer.com/flavor_burst

Definitely had to go with chocolate and chili. But it was close with toffee and clotted cream. I love the idea of all these flavors :)

I'm excited for Apple Crumble. I like chocolate, but usually just chocolate by itself, not with any flavor pairings. It's going to be interesting to try some of these, especially with my picky palette.

Not Florean's related as such, but I haven't seen Eternelle's Elixirs discussed yet. From the blog:

Another must-stop during your trip to Diagon Alley will be Eternelle’s Elixir of Refreshment, a cart located in Horizont Alley, where you can enjoy unique elixirs. Here’s how it works: you select from a variety of elixirs like Draught of Peace, Babbling Beverage, Elixir to Induce Euphoria and Fire Protection Potion, and then add the elixir to Gillywater. By mixing them, you’ll see your drink transform before your eyes and experience a delightful flavor surprise. Too cool!

Sounds pretty neat.

Yeah those elixirs make me insanely excited. I'm definitely gonna buy a ton of food there and just have a eating challenge with a ton of buddies. I'll definitely film it too

Jim Hill in his HuffPost piece described the clotted cream ice cream as having "this nice subtle citrus flavor. It kind of tasted like ice cream & sorbet had had a baby" and it sounds a lot like how I would describe the sour cream ice cream at Antojitos, so I think I'm really gonna like the clotted cream one, too... I just want to have all of them! I can't wait! :dance:

BTW, there's also gonna be a Granny Smith flavored soft-serve:

GreenAppleIC_A8T6096.jpg

(From the Universal Orlando blog)

I love the little color detail! I've never seen anything like that before! I tried to research it, and it could be this "Flavor Burst" tech they're using: http://www.taylorfreezer.com/flavor_burst

The "Flavor Burst" technology is perfect for this. I've had soft serve from one of these machines before. The flavor was pistachio, and I had low expectations because the flavor came from an obvious addition of flavored syrup. However it was really good! I'm a bit surprised though, is all of the ice cream going to be soft serve like this? I was thinking the flavors would be all pre-packaged in little cups (like the strawberry peanut butter ice cream). I didn't think they would be serving up soft serve.

I'm confused, I thought Earl Grey was going to be a separate flavor from Lavender? I'd much rather try them each on their own than combined into a single flavor.

I think about half of the announced flavors sound really fun to try. Half of them are a bit boring to me, but I know they have to appeal to a mass audience. And, perhaps some people that are just looking for ice cream, and not necessarily a flavor they have never heard of before.

I'm hoping other flavors will include Sugared Violet, Marshmallow, Toast, Grape Jelly, or Honey (inspired by Bernie Bott's flavors). And maybe something that has a Pumpkin Juice or Pear Cider/cinnamon flavor would be good too.

Agreed. Some mole sauces include chocolate in the recipe.

A mole, by definition, includes chocolate, or else it wouldn't be called a mole.

I think I'm the only person in the world who can't stand butterbeer, so I certainly wouldn't eat butterbeer flavored ice cream. Most of the other flavors look great, though, especially sticky toffee pudding.

I too have heard that the ice cream will be soft serve with flavor bursting and scooped. But I don't know which flavors are which though.