Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sure, ok, so you have all of the ~8 acres for strictly attractions. No restaurants or shops. Because those would be "more or less nothing."
:yawn:

You know what I mean.

The LC area is outside of Hogsmeade. There's nothing Potter to put out there. Nothing that would affect crowd dispersal in any meaningful way. A full land based off of something people want to experience is going to do more for Potter crowd control than a random shop will

Attractions are called that because it's what attracts people. Creating a separate deadzone to offset an overcrowded area means you still have a deadzone and an over crowded area. It would be great if the park was made of Playdough and they could break off parts from other areas and smash it in where needed, but this is the real world. LC is an opportunity to create a whole new land with interesting things to bring people in.

Reactions: Mad Dog
OK - I'm wrong. I watched a video of a walkthrough of the area to get a refresher of what it looks like.

What I was actually arguing for is utilizing the space on the far side outside of the Hoggsmeade side train station, which currently just has a wall and some bushes. (I can't tell what is currently behind the wall, but from old google images it looks like maybe dumpsters?) I guess everyone is considering this to be "Hoggsmeade" already? This is where I'm proposing they have a breakfast shop and butterbeer cart, to reduce the foot traffic in the rest of Hoggsmeade (you could literally move one of the Butterbeer carts from the area to this section).

I agree that it wouldn't make sense to expand much further than this.

Last edited:
Have been watching the new (2018) Grinch movie pretty much daily since my son found it on Netflix and I must say it's pretty enjoyable. I even catch myself laughing at times. I know nothing is going to happen any time soon (or ever), but adding a coaster themed around the Grinch and Mt. Crumpit really would be an awesome addition to Seuss Landing and Islands of Adventure. Looking at Google Maps, if you remove One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish and the trailers located behind it then you would have a plot bigger than the one for Flight of the Hippogriff.

Have been watching the new (2018) Grinch movie pretty much daily since my son found it on Netflix and I must say it's pretty enjoyable. I even catch myself laughing at times. I know nothing is going to happen any time soon (or ever), but adding a coaster themed around the Grinch and Mt. Crumpit really would be an awesome addition to Seuss Landing and Islands of Adventure. Looking at Google Maps, if you remove One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish and the trailers located behind it then you would have a plot bigger than the one for Flight of the Hippogriff.
The Matterhorn at Disneyland would fit on the plot of land without taking out One Fish Two Fish.

Sorry to bump and get someone unnecessarily excited, but this is a great video I thought...Also, make it happen Universal

+1. Always wanted to see a Grinch attraction and even designed my own concept as a class assignment back in middle school. Love the idea of Universal taking on the Matterhorn. One can only hope they stick to the animated classic as its aesthetic and not the live action or reboot.

I imagine, because the rest of the land is book-based, a Grinch ride would be more book-based. At least, aesthetically. There would likely be nods to every adaptation though.

I’d hope so, especially with the reason animated feature receiving a lukewarm reception.Grinch as has always existed though, which always made me think they’d go with Ron Howard’s aesthetic.

I imagine, because the rest of the land is book-based, a Grinch ride would be more book-based. At least, aesthetically. There would likely be nods to every adaptation though.

There was that brief, terrifying moment where they surveyed folks about whether they'd prefer a book aesthetic-oriented Lorax ride or a CGI Illumination-oriented ride.

I've always felt Seuss needed either Grinch or Lorax rides to really feel complete.