MSHI Expansion? | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Iron Man is probably the most popular Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. Whether he's on screen or not currently, it would be smart to capitalize on him most, imo. The issue is, if you're going to do a Iron Man ride, it really should be a flying coaster like the rumored Iron Legion coaster, but IOA's last two additions will have both been coasters, with 4 total in the park after JP. I can't see them adding another coaster, especially to a land that already has one.

Something I think potentially could be cool would be if they used the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater to do a Marvel stunt show. Marvel has more than enough characters in their arsenal to make something like that work and it would be way more appealing than something like Sindbad was.
I don't think anyone would be upset if it were an airtime machine...doesn't have to be a hyper

I don't think anyone would be upset if it were an airtime machine...doesn't have to be a hyper
Parents would be that are looking around the park and it's coasters and water rides everywhere and height requirements for almost every ride. If you have a younger kid, you're basically living in Seuss Landing and even there the sky trolley have a height requirement.

I know IOA is sort of seen as the more "thrill heavy" park, but there needs to be a better balance.

Parents would be that are looking around the park and it's coasters and water rides everywhere and height requirements for almost every ride. If you have a younger kid, you're basically living in Seuss Landing and even there the sky trolley have a height requirement.

I know IOA is sort of seen as the more "thrill heavy" park, but there needs to be a better balance.

Agreed, especially when you consider Hulk is right next door. Marvel already has checked off the coaster thrill.

I’d put a Baxter Building “open house” in MSHI using the Dynamic Theater ride system with Bourne style show tech. Reed Richards is showing off some new tech when Doom attacks.

Indoor attraction + show + low height requirement = something IOA desperately needs.

It also allows Poseidon’s to go down for a Lost Continent replacement with a spiritual successor in existence.

EDIT -

AND ENCLOSE STORM FORCE, YOU COWARDS!

Last edited:
I’d put a Baxter Building “open house” in MSHI using the Dynamic Theater ride system with Bourne style show tech. Reed Richards is showing off some new tech when Doom attacks.

Indoor attraction + show + low height requirement = something IOA desperately needs.

It also allows Poseidon’s to go down for a Lost Continent replacement with a spiritual successor in existence.

EDIT -

really makes no sense why Storm Force isn’t enclosed. They could then add wind, lightning effects, and water effects.

EDIT -

Funny you say that, because I have been thinking of a similar idea recently, but for X-Men as a replacement for Storm Force.
IOA does need more indoor attractions and shows, though.

Yes, IOA could use more dark rides for sure...that is the preference for me

However..I would absolutely love for Universal to get an airtime machine of some kind...with no inversions

It'a a balancing act

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yes, IOA could use more dark rides for sure...that is the preference for me

However..I would absolutely love for Universal to get an airtime machine of some kind...with no inversions

It'a a balancing act

*stares at Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan, then turns to give a death glare at Hollywood Rip Ride Rock-It*

41uufv.jpg

Last edited:
Question: If Universal designed an amazing Avengers ride, and there were no budgetary or space concerns, would Disney let them build it?

Universal doesn’t need to add rides rides to Marvel as there are pressing needs elsewhere. Spider-Man is a top attraction that got overhauled 8 years ago, and the Hulk is a upper-tier roller coaster that just got a retrack. The land could definitely get an aesthetic upgrade, though. While a new ride would be cool, it’s not a need.

Mako would be a good example of an airtime machine

Rockit is an example of block brakes
Lets wait till Sea World is part of the resort and you will have your precieus coaster. ;)

Universal doesn’t need to add rides rides to Marvel as there are pressing needs elsewhere. Spider-Man is a top attraction that got overhauled 8 years ago, and the Hulk is a upper-tier roller coaster that just got a retrack. The land could definitely get an aesthetic upgrade, though. While a new ride would be cool, it’s not a need.
Indeed, the land is great and probably gets high customer satisfaction ratings. It still houses one of the best dark rides in the world and an amazing coaster. I don't mind the aesthetics as it is timeless and will be decades after the boring Marvel movies have ended their run.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Agreed. I don't think that they should think about it too much until they do something with Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent. Hell, even Seuss could use one more ride (one that's not a carousel or a spinner). Those are the pressing needs, then by the time you've done that, you can start thinking about something for Marvel because the park will be in amazing shape.