MSHI Expansion? | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed. I don't think that they should think about it too much until they do something with Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent. Hell, even Seuss could use one more ride (one that's not a carousel or a spinner). Those are the pressing needs, then by the time you've done that, you can start thinking about something for Marvel because the park will be in amazing shape.
Not to drag the topic into another conversation... but years ago wasn’t there a rumor for a Lorax attraction?

Also, I’d kind of love it if they expanded MSHI into the Toon Lagoon theatre and did some stunt show with the Marvel characters. Sounds almost too easy

Reactions: SeventyOne
Also, I’d kind of love it if they expanded MSHI into the Toon Lagoon theatre and did some stunt show with the Marvel characters. Sounds almost too easy
Sounds like my post from yesterday my have captured your mind... :lol:
Something I think potentially could be cool would be if they used the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater to do a Marvel stunt show. Marvel has more than enough characters in their arsenal to make something like that work and it would be way more appealing than something like Sindbad was.

To concur, if they wanted to do a slightly simple fix for the Apitheater, then yeah; a full on Marvel stunt show could do some interesting results. Especially if they lean on the stunts and the action, and not that of the visuals.

To concur, if they wanted to do a slightly simple fix for the Apitheater, then yeah; a full on Marvel stunt show could do some interesting results. Especially if they lean on the stunts and the action, and not that of the visuals.
I also think doing an indoor stunt show similar to how they are doing Bourne (as Legacy suggested) would work great too, as you would be able to get great visuals and props while also great stunts. That way of doing a show could actually be a good way of using the screens in the show to simulate someone like Doctor Strange or Scarlett Witch's powers.

Yeah, now that I think about it, knock down that theater and build and a Marvel version of Bourne and it's the perfect thing to round out the land.

Sounds like my post from yesterday my have captured your mind... :lol:
HA! Honestly man didn’t even read it lol, I’m glad we’re on the same page though! I always get nervous throwing out ideas that I personally think are good cause you never know the reaction so it’s funny I missed this but still had the same thought haha

It really does make sense. They can either move the Toon Lagoon games further into TL, or just convert them to a Marvel theme. The TL sign isn’t even until past the Ampitheatre so most of the prep work for this is almost entirely inside the theatre. I’m kinda shocked this hasn’t happened, it would make MSHI just massive lol. An E ticket show and Roller Coaster and Ride ✔️

Reactions: Nick
Universal doesn’t need to add rides rides to Marvel as there are pressing needs elsewhere. Spider-Man is a top attraction that got overhauled 8 years ago, and the Hulk is a upper-tier roller coaster that just got a retrack. The land could definitely get an aesthetic upgrade, though. While a new ride would be cool, it’s not a need.
Noooo...I don't care what anyone says, I love the 90's comic look to the land

It's so fun and colourful...Especially contrasted with Disney's drab industrial take on a Marvel land

I think there is a middle ground. Keep the comic aesthetic but make it modern.
That’s exactly what they did for the Hulk Coaster area. Not only updated the look of the character to match the more modern look of the comics, but replaced a flat 2D representation at the ride entrance with a hyper realistic 3D statue of the character.

I have a feeling we’ll see more of the land go that way, but done slowly over time to keep the land “kept up” as per their contract.

That’s exactly what they did for the Hulk Coaster area. Not only updated the look of the character to match the more modern look of the comics, but replaced a flat 2D representation at the ride entrance with a hyper realistic 3D statue of the character.

I have a feeling we’ll see more of the land go that way, but done slowly over time to keep the land “kept up” as per their contract.

Spider-Man already has that aesthetic in the ride, the queue needs a major overhaul although I'd be sad to see the queue videos replaced. If Doom and Storm get replaced, I'd hope that they would do an overhaul of the whole land. The dining place in MSHI looks tragic, as does the current meet and greet characters and parade.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Spider-Man already has that aesthetic in the ride, the queue needs a major overhaul although I'd be sad to see the queue videos replaced. If Doom and Storm get replaced, I'd hope that they would do an overhaul of the whole land. The dining place in MSHI looks tragic, as does the current meet and greet characters and parade.
The spider-Man meet and greet costume still holds up at least, but yea, the rest. Woof.

Reactions: Scott W.

Yes, this is a great meeting in the middle

The aesthetic of MSHI is a polarizing one. When I’m there, I feel like a time machine took me back to the 90s. I personally love it. Nothing like exiting Doom and hearing the arcade sounds and the smell of mediocre pizza to make you feel like you should be at a birthday party.

I’ve been advocating for years that Marvel should expand and add another ride. For at least a decade now I’ve been hoping. I’ve come to grips that it’s probably never gonna happen at this point. IOA has made so many additions in the last decade where they don’t need to (though it certainly wouldn’t hurt). Spider Man and Hulk are two top tier attractions. I’d bet that somehow upgrading Seuss and figuring out what to do with LC are higher on Universals priority list right now

The aesthetic of MSHI is a polarizing one. When I’m there, I feel like a time machine took me back to the 90s. I personally love it. Nothing like exiting Doom and hearing the arcade sounds and the smell of mediocre pizza to make you feel like you should be at a birthday party.

I’ve been advocating for years that Marvel should expand and add another ride. For at least a decade now I’ve been hoping. I’ve come to grips that it’s probably never gonna happen at this point. IOA has made so many additions in the last decade where they don’t need to (though it certainly wouldn’t hurt). Spider Man and Hulk are two top tier attractions. I’d bet that somehow upgrading Seuss and figuring out what to do with LC are higher on Universals priority list right now
I agree with every single thing ya said. MSHI makes me feel hella nostalgic for my childhood. If they update it like they did Hulk, I don't think it'd lose its feeling of being in a comic book setting, but I'm still curious frankly to see how they go with it.

It is sorta shocking to me there was never a Marvel stunt show that went into the TL Ampitheatre though. Maybe its one of those things thats too obvious, but, for me I think its like kinda crazy thinking about it that is was never done, even when IOA initially opened. It'd make MSHI a half day/full day experience potentially along with the likes of the Wizarding World.

But, I don't see shows being added until EU, so hope is lost their.

I didn't know that had its own social page haha
That account is actually owned by Colorvision. They are the third party photo vendor that has a contract with Universal to take on-ride and character photos. I wish Universal would get rid of them and do an in house photo program like photopass.

Reactions: Vampyr