Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBC Sports Grill Brew

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Concept art via onthegoinmco:

CGWTPh1U8AAr6ID.jpg

CGWSy1KUcAAegFG.jpg

More details as we receive them.

Official Article:

NBC Sports Grill & Brew Coming to Universal CityWalk « Orlando United

Last edited:
Where is that from? I know someone mentioned in another thread there might be an announcement today but I really didn't expect anything on a Sunday. :lol:

This was announced at a travel professionals conference/event at UOR. IPW 2015.

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet lol. My gut feeling is telling me that this isn't going to turn out to be as popular as they want it to be.

Totally disagree. This might be the biggest thing there as it offers "traditional" Americanized food. Sports bars have a low bar of entry.

I love the design of the patio. It reminds me very much of the Universal plaza for the patio and a mix of new elements for the Screens. Happy of the design and I can't wait to see the end result.

This was announced at a travel professionals conference/event at UOR. IPW 2015.

Totally disagree. This might be the biggest thing there as it offers "traditional" Americanized food. Sports bars have a low bar of entry.

I suppose they probably have more market research than I do, but look at what Disney is doing with its Americanized food locations, they're all getting some kind of niche makeover. They're about 15 years too late on this concept and I'm afraid that when people prioritize their vacations - a sports bar the size of a Publix isn't going to be high on their list. People don't want middle of the road anymore.

I suppose they probably have more market research than I do, but look at what Disney is doing with its Americanized food locations, they're all getting some kind of niche makeover. They're about 15 years too late on this concept and I'm afraid that when people prioritize their vacations - a sports bar the size of a Publix isn't going to be high on their list. People don't want middle of the road anymore.

Disney's most popular locations have a low barrier of entry. ESPN Club is one of the most popular places on property for this reason. This addition fills in a niche for convention goers and such to crash, get some apps, have a beer, and watch your local sports team. And it's a simple switch out for one sports bar to another, and this one will have a broader theme.

Disney's most popular locations have a low barrier of entry. ESPN Club is one of the most popular places on property for this reason. This addition fills in a niche for convention goers and such to crash, get some apps, have a beer, and watch your local sports team. And it's a simple switch out for one sports bar to another, and this one will have a broader theme.

You're 100% off here. ESPN Club has some of the highest turn over of servers on all of Walt Disney World property, meaning that there isn't even enough business for the servers to make a decent living. That's pretty sad considering the amount of people that visit Walt Disney World on a given year. In fact, I've been to ESPN Club on 3 separate occasions during the last few months (unwillingly) to find the place completely void of life. The food is terrible, nothing about the beer and drink stands out, and when there isn't some kind of major sporting event going on the entire feel of the joint is really really awkward.

That't how I imagine the NBC Grill Brew will eventually turn out. Sure, it'll get some business during football season, I'm not denying that. What I am having trouble understanding is how this fits into the "destination resort" everybody says Universal is becoming. This is nothing more than a blown up version of Buffalo Wild Wings and I think it's the wrong direction to take for such a large venue.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here who are really into their sports (I love watching hockey), but this doesn't belong anywhere at Universal. They should of split the building up into two sides and made the "sports concept" a gastro pub with a rustic masculine feel.

Glad this is official. The screens on the outside will catch attention. I think offering "American" food was something missing from the CityWalk update. This will fill it nicely. Looking forward to visiting before going to HHN.

That't how I imagine the NBC Grill Brew will eventually turn out. Sure, it'll get some business during football season, I'm not denying that. What I am having trouble understanding is how this fits into the "destination resort" everybody says Universal is becoming. This is nothing more than a blown up version of Buffalo Wild Wings and I think it's the wrong direction to take for such a large venue.

If you ignore the brewing beer on premises, open air kitchen, and the fact that UOR's food has grown by leaps and bounds, sure, I'm sure that's exactly how it will turn out.

:rolleyes:

You're 100% off here. ESPN Club has some of the highest turn over of servers on all of Walt Disney World property, meaning that there isn't even enough business for the servers to make a decent living. That's pretty sad considering the amount of people that visit Walt Disney World on a given year. In fact, I've been to ESPN Club on 3 separate occasions during the last few months (unwillingly) to find the place completely void of life. The food is terrible, nothing about the beer and drink stands out, and when there isn't some kind of major sporting event going on the entire feel of the joint is really really awkward.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here who are really into their sports (I love watching hockey), but this doesn't belong anywhere at Universal. They should of split the building up into two sides and made the "sports concept" a gastro pub with a rustic masculine feel.

I personally think ESPN Club suffers because of the location, it's only easily accessible to those resorts around Crescent Lake. Having such lackluster food on top of that is what kills it. NBC will be a whole different ballgame being in the direct path of thousands upon thousands of park guests, the majority of whom will be exiting the park while there are big games going on. Just the name of the place seems to indicate that there will be a focus on offering special beers, and I am going to guess that they're going to have a focus on excellent food, too. Perhaps not a wide array of particularly unique options, but quality offerings that will encourage repeat visitors. ESPN Club probably only cares about capturing the many on-site guests who are trapped in those resorts who won't be returning due to being there for a convention or what have you.

If you ignore the brewing beer on premises, open air kitchen, and the fact that UOR's food has grown by leaps and bounds, sure, I'm sure that's exactly how it will turn out.

:rolleyes:

Here's the thing, if they're trying to tap into the craft beer market, make the place about craft beer. The mistake they're making is trying to combine three different niche markets under one roof (just like your everyday neighborhood Buffalo Wild Wings btw). Just because you/they say there is going to be good food doesn't mean there's going to be good food. And speaking of, Universal's food options have always been bland and middle of the road because they cater to such a wider range of people.

Hard Rock, Emeril's, NBA City, Margaritaville, and Bubba Gump aren't enough American food? Not to mention almost everything in-park? IMO we need more variety.

He said from the CityWalk update. Clearly NBA City's days are numbered with this addition.

Emeril's, IMO, seems like it could be replaced within the next few years. That name doesn't hold as much weight as it did a few years ago.

Hard Rock, Emeril's, NBA City, Margaritaville, and Bubba Gump aren't enough American food? Not to mention almost everything in-park? IMO we need more variety.
Notice I said update. I was referring to the new venues that have been added recently. Yes, the new places might offer some form of typical "American" food, but none of the new offerings are real pub style food. I was saying this is rounding off the new additions with something that hasn't been added this round.

I guess there's always going to be that crowd of people that'll just settle for the ordinary - which is what this and several other Citywalk restaurants provide (Cough Cough CowFish, Hotdog, Breadbox). If you honestly think that there isn't ENOUGH of that out there, you're probably the same customer that loves to buy hot pockets and doesn't like vegetables unless their smothered in cream sauce.

Here's some ideas off the top of my head I'd rather see at CityWalk than the NBC BrewMart:

Family Style Restaurant
Farm to Table Cuisine
Gastro Pub
A real Japanese restaurant
An actual steakhouse
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I honestly can't see NBC BrewMart lasting too long.