Netflix | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, fine. I found it funny, engaging, and well-produced. I’d totally down for more of the story, as it’s basically a blend John Wick and Bourne. It’s a popcorn flick.

Well, fine. I found it funny, engaging, and well-produced. I’d totally down for more of the story, as it’s basically a blend John Wick and Bourne. It’s a popcorn flick.
I'm not mad that I watched the movie. I enjoyed it more than Thor: Love and Thunder for instance (most recent movie seen in theaters), but it also didn't leave me wanting more. And that's fine. A movie can just be a popcorn flick, many are these days.

The thing that's weird for me is that Gosling is such a great actor, but he just can't seem to translate to mainstream success (he's more of a prestige actor). I personally loved Blade Runner 2049, but unfortunately it was a box office bomb.

The Sandman is look pretty great, no idea if it can live up to the Auible series but looks like it could get close

Reactions: Skold
I'm kinda surprised by this but I guess Netflix are happy to blow another $200m...

Based on their own Top 10 website where they provide viewing numbers on their shows/movies, the movie was pretty big for them with 88.5M hours watched over the weekend compared to 92.4M for The Adam Project back in early March. Of course The Adam Project was 23 minutes shorter, which means it's more favorable to potential rewatches, etc.

Netflix is always looking for potential franchises and I think, just as much as anything, they're also trying to hold on to The Russo Brothers.

Like I’m not against them having big things but feel like for the same money you could have a few smaller shows

some kinda bobs burger/Central Park type animated show and a sitcom like the office/good place/parks and rec

like could be wrong but feels like those are the kinds shows people rewatch and “bigger” budget shows like GOT are one in a million on people wanting to rewatch them later

Like I’m not against them having big things but feel like for the same money you could have a few smaller shows

some kinda bobs burger/Central Park type animated show and a sitcom like the office/good place/parks and rec

like could be wrong but feels like those are the kinds shows people rewatch and “bigger” budget shows like GOT are one in a million on people wanting to rewatch them later
Netflix has plenty of Adult Animation though. They just don't have anything done in the style of a 20th Century Animated show which is what you are talking about with Bob's Burgers/Central Park (both 20th Century properties). Speaking of Central Park though, I expect Apple TV+ to run that as long as they can justify it because once they cancel it, it goes back to Disney after a set number of years and they'll lose all rights to it.

On the sitcom front, i've said for awhile they should try to create their own sitcoms so that they don't need to keep licensing shows, but they are very good at finding great shows that American audiences aren't too familiar with and making them big such as Canadian sitcoms like Schitt's Creek or Kim's Convenience.

Netflix is doing a second spinoff of That 70's Show called That 90's show with the original cast coming back, but the thing is, they aren't the production company on the show, so they'll eventually lose this show from their service over time, much like they lost the Netflix Marvel shows and will soon be losing all five seasons of Arrested Development to Disney.

Netflix has plenty of Adult Animation though. They just don't have anything done in the style of a 20th Century Animated show which is what you are talking about with Bob's Burgers/Central Park (both 20th Century properties). Speaking of Central Park though, I expect Apple TV+ to run that as long as they can justify it because once they cancel it, it goes back to Disney after a set number of years and they'll lose all rights to it.

On the sitcom front, i've said for awhile they should try to create their own sitcoms so that they don't need to keep licensing shows, but they are very good at finding great shows that American audiences aren't too familiar with and making them big such as Canadian sitcoms like Schitt's Creek or Kim's Convenience.

Netflix is doing a second spinoff of That 70's Show called That 90's show with the original cast coming back, but the thing is, they aren't the production company on the show, so they'll eventually lose this show from their service over time, much like they lost the Netflix Marvel shows and will soon be losing all five seasons of Arrested Development to Disney.
I mean, and maybe im just not int he loop but nothing adult animation wise has been as big as Bojack horsemen. I know they have adult animated shows butI don't hear anyone talking about them

Too bad on the Bob's Burger studio....they have made shows for Netflix in the past but must have striked deals before Disney got involved

I know Space Force is also...kinda like the office but its just no where near as funny.

I just think they need some big adult Comedy......Paramount/HBO have south park and that show is still HUGE, Disney has Simpsons/Bob's and Family Guy and Apple + has Central Park and Ted Lasso

I mean, and maybe im just not int he loop but nothing adult animation wise has been as big as Bojack horsemen. I know they have adult animated shows butI don't hear anyone talking about them

Too bad on the Bob's Burger studio....they have made shows for Netflix in the past but must have striked deals before Disney got involved
I loved Bojack. It's one of my favorite adult animated shows ever.

On the Bob's burgers thing... are you talking about Bento Box Animation? Bento Box is separate from Disney and is actually now owned by Fox Entertainment, so the new Fox corporation. Bento Box does Paradise PD, Saturday Morning All-Star Hits!, and Farzar for Netflix. They also did Hoops for Netflix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I loved Bojack. It's one of my favorite adult animated shows ever.

On the Bob's burgers thing... are you talking about Bento Box Animation? Bento Box is separate from Disney and is actually now owned by Fox Entertainment, so the new Fox corporation. Bento Box does Paradise PD, Saturday Morning All-Star Hits!, and Farzar for Netflix. They also did Hoops for Netflix.
Yes. Bento Box

I know Hoops got canned but also never heard of it before becoming a fan of Bob's and Central Park....so partly on Netflix

Looks good

I hate all the “hardcore” fans upset about the “looks@ of the characters

like who the hell cares, if it’s good
they Look close enough, the story is what I care about

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Looks good

I hate all the “hardcore” fans upset about the “looks@ of the characters

like who the hell cares, if it’s good
they Look close enough, the story is what I care about

I think people are so accustomed to the “attractive” looks from the old tv show and movies that they don’t realize that these new actors look close to Charles Addams’s original style.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

The Sandman is look pretty great, no idea if it can live up to the Auible series but looks like it could get close

I hated it
It gets really boring after episode 6
The single stories from the comic don't translate well.
Some really really bad terrible acting in some episodes.
By the end it was painful to finish. I know critics loved it but the second half is hard to finish.

I hated it
By the end it was painful to finish. I know critics loved it but the second half is hard to finish.
It looks like some CW ass I was surprised people were hyping it. I haven’t really been interested in any of Neil Gall Mans stuff for some reason

It looks like some CW ass I was surprised people were hyping it. I haven’t really been interested in any of Neil Gall Mans stuff for some reason

Some critics and some YouTube reviews are completely praising it but I literally don't understand how,
The first 3 episodes had really great visuals and a cool concept. I did loved his pet crow,
But yeah, worse than CW. The main cast of sandman's siblings were kinda cool. But almost every human was Awful... Jesus, some episodes had some of the slowest plots and by the middle of the show, sandman isn't even the main focus anymore. He becomes a side character in his own show

I hated it
I haven't gotten far (have Stranger things to finish as well...too many dam shows)

But its weird, my friend is watching it and says it gets really good...which is the opposite of what I have heard and makes sense because I find that story good but also has some boring spots and it being the longest "arc" I can understand why most get bored.
I'll weight in more once I can watch it, but at least we have the Audio verion. That is basically perfect