Netflix | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Streaming “Diana: The Musical” on Netflix may have doomed “Diana: The Musical” on Broadway.

The reviews are SCATHING, comparing it to Cats and (of all things) “Springtime for Hitler” (the fake musical from The Producers meant to be a flop).

So I watched 3/4 of it, and I don’t think it’s CATS level bad. Is it good? Definitely not. Is it interesting? Nope. Just a bland musical with bad structure. The actress playing Diana has a great voice though.

Streaming “Diana: The Musical” on Netflix may have doomed “Diana: The Musical” on Broadway.

The reviews are SCATHING, comparing it to Cats and (of all things) “Springtime for Hitler” (the fake musical from The Producers meant to be a flop).
Honestly, it may have saved them money by exposing the weaknesses. They collected money from Netflix, if I’m them I do I limited Broadway run and then close.

Just binged through Season 3 of YOU. I loved Season 1 (which actually wasn't made for Netflix, but Lifetime of all places). Season 2 was fun as well and I enjoyed it, even though it employed most of the same tricks, but did have some surprises up it's sleeve which made it worth it.

Season 3 for me was the same old YOU. If this was the first season of it you watched, you probably would've really enjoyed it. However, the show got boring fast. So much of the same and honestly, I lost the sense of shock during this season. I can't really say much without going into spoilers. Not sure who actually cares, but just to be safe i'll put spoiler tags...

Main issue was just so many deaths so quickly. So many people trapped in their cage. I know that's a weird thing to complain about when it's a show about a serial killer, but In the last two episodes alone, I think about 5-6 people either die, nearly die, or are in a cage. It was all wrapped up so tidy so quickly too.

This was the problem with keeping Love Quinn Goldberg for a second season instead of getting rid of her like with Guinevere Beck. Season 3's two main characters are both serial killers that think they are changing to become better people now that they have a son. That was interesting for the first few episodes when they were focusing on new parenthood and the child, but it quickly just becomes so crazy so fast. I feel it could've been a bit bit better if they did off with Love halfway through the season. I get this show jumped the shark quite early in it's run, but this season felt like it was them testing to see how high they can jump while simultaneously going through the motions.

What's worse is I had heard that a Season 4 was confirmed before I finished this season, so I knew Joe wasn't going to die. And good for Penn Badgley for getting this role after pretty much doing nothing for years after Gossip Girl and giving it his all. I just feel like in Season 4, they need to figure out a way to change things up. Hopefully make the deaths less frequent so it's more shocking. Maybe actually put Joe in a situation where the stakes feel raised, because to me, it never felt like he was in any danger of being caught by authorities during this season.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Netflix has rolled out mobile games to Android users. No additional cost involved and there is no in-app purchases involved.

So BIG NEWS regarding the Marvel/Netflix series. Every Marvel show is leaving Netflix globally after February 28th. I'm sure internationally these will go on Disney+ as an 18+ show, but in the US I wonder if they will put them on Hulu or just hold on to them until they decide to fully grow Disney+ up. As the video points out below, with these being popular Marvel shows, this would be a good test for finally adding TV-MA content in the US and see how it goes over.

Chapek mentioned in the earnings call on Wednesday that general entertainment will be a focus going forward as 50% of their subscribers are without kids and want more mature content. I'm sort of just expecting a Hulu move, but at the same time, i'm also expecting Disney to buy out Comcast and merge Disney+ and Hulu within the next year. I think the US is slowly going to transition to much more adult content and this would be a deep dive into it.

So BIG NEWS regarding the Marvel/Netflix series. Every Marvel show is leaving Netflix globally after February 28th. I'm sure internationally these will go on Disney+ as an 18+ show, but in the US I wonder if they will put them on Hulu or just hold on to them until they decide to fully grow Disney+ up. As the video points out below, with these being popular Marvel shows, this would be a good test for finally adding TV-MA content in the US and see how it goes over.

Chapek mentioned in the earnings call on Wednesday that general entertainment will be a focus going forward as 50% of their subscribers are without kids and want more mature content. I'm sort of just expecting a Hulu move, but at the same time, i'm also expecting Disney to buy out Comcast and merge Disney+ and Hulu within the next year. I think the US is slowly going to transition to much more adult content and this would be a deep dive into it.

Interesting timing. I'm watching Daredevil for the first time just now.

Posted this in the TV thread but to me its an important news/information. Not going to tell you what to do but for me if they go through with this I'm canceling my account with them.
From a strictly business perspective, they signed contracts, meaning they have to do certain things. It just happens that certaain things are going on in the world right now involving Russia that are very bad to say the least.

From a strictly business perspective, they signed contracts, meaning they have to do certain things. It just happens that certaain things are going on in the world right now involving Russia that are very bad to say the least.
Ignoring the current war. I would rather Netflix not have propaganda on them, they just raises prices and can take a hit on 100 thousand people for doing what is necessary for people to not view the world through basically lies, putting content like this up will "confirm" to many in Russia that what their media is telling them the truth because now a third party is telling them the same information
The contract should never even been a thought in anyone's head at Netflix

Reactions: jseal777
See, now THIS is the kind of high-profile content Peacock should be doing.

I have never cared about these spin off's until now....I mean they could be wasting Jack's time but hope if they spending money on him then the story will be worth a watch

See, now THIS is the kind of high-profile content Peacock should be doing.

Comcast's exec said the reason they willing to sell their higher quality stuff to outside studios like this is because they get paid more which then allows them to produce more content which gives them more room later for Peacock.

Otherwords...peacock succeeding doesn't matter as long as they make more money from their stuff on Netflix, HBO Max, and more.

Comcast's exec said the reason they willing to sell their higher quality stuff to outside studios like this is because they get paid more which then allows them to produce more content which gives them more room later for Peacock.

Otherwords...peacock succeeding doesn't matter as long as they make more money from their stuff on Netflix, HBO Max, and more.

If that's the case, I'm just going to find myself watching more of those services and less of Peacock then.

Good news for people who had been looking forward to this. I'm confused how they "picked up the film" though. I assumed Disney still owned this so they would've had to sell it to another studio. The movie was essentially done when Disney cancelled it so it should be pretty cheap for Netflix to do this and they'll gain a ton of good will.

Reactions: GA-MBIT