Netflix | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched Klaus on Netflix. An all-around amazing film that deserves to be up there with the holiday classics. Honestly stunned this one lost the Oscar to Toy Story 4.

This movie looks interesting, but I feel like I just watched this in The Midnight Sky (also a Netflix original).

For all the LMM fans out there (and unlike Mary Poppins, he's doing the music on this one).

Doesn't feel right that a movie with songs from Lin-Manuel Miranda, a guaranteed box office draw if I've ever heard one, gets shafted along to streaming along other quality titles like The Mitchells and the Machines and Luca. Leaving us with....Spirit Untamed, Paw Patrol: The Movie, and Hotel Transylvania 4 as our summer animated films? What? It feels like the streaming and the theater movies should be reversed.

Reactions: malice and n i c k
For all the LMM fans out there (and unlike Mary Poppins, he's doing the music on this one).

I've actually been looking forward to this movie for a bit knowing that LMM was doing the music for it. I guess Sony sold it to Netflix, which is fine by me since now I can just see the movie at home when it's released.

My biggest concern with this movie was always the animation since he was doing this movie with Sony, but the animation looks pretty good. My biggest concern honestly after seeing that short little teaser is that Lin''s voice doesn't match what i'd expect that character to sound like. His voice is just too mature for the part I think. The animal he's playing looks quite young and i'd expect a higher pitched, younger more child-like voice out of the character.

Mitchells Vs. The Machines just came out from Sony on Netflix. Between this and Vivo, they picked up some quality animated movies from Sony. This movie was great and on RT currently holds a 97% fresh score.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Mitchells Vs. The Machines just came out from Sony on Netflix. Between this and Vivo, they picked up some quality animated movies from Sony. This movie was great and on RT currently holds a 97% fresh score.

Which makes no sense why Sony decided to release Peter Rabbit 2 rather than these films.

Which makes no sense why Sony decided to release Peter Rabbit 2 rather than these films.
I was actually thinking about this further and I think that Sony probably saw Peter Rabbit as a proven commodity, so it would have the most sure chance to do well in theaters.

With the other two movies, they could've been box office flops, but instead Netflix paid to buy them from them so they recouped costs and since Netflix has such a large reach, they actually did Sony a favor in terms of promoting the brand of something like The Mitchells Vs. The Machines, which could easily get a sequel, that Sony would still make.

Reactions: Legacy
Binged Shadow and Bone--I admit it took me an episode to really get into it, but end up genuinely enjoying this odd mash-up of The Golden Compass, X-Men, Peaky Blinders and War & Peace.

All the plot tropes here have been done 20x before, but the show "re-mixes" the genre cliches in interesting ways, and keeps everything believeably grounded (in contrast with, say, the Potterverse). It helps that the show is set in a beautifully shot fantasy Tsarist Russia, giving it a unique look instead of another pastiche of Medieval Europe/Middle Earth. The costumes and background held my attention and drew me into the story more. The action moves, too, with effective cliff-hangers each episode; I normally hate binging but would've watched this straight thru even I could've stayed awake.

The real key is the actors tho--even with over a dozen main characters, everyone is well-cast. I could easily see three or four of the leads headlining movies in the next decade, they have that much screen presence. They sell what could have been generic archetypes as believable, sympathetic characters.

Definitely worth a watch for genre fans. I feel with the recent glut of new streaming content this has been overlooked, and that's a shame for such a fun show.

With all the buzz for Suicide Squad this weekend, I just wanted to drop in and say that Vivo is a very good watch. Not a particularly great or groundbreaking movie, but it’s pleasing comfort food. Almost Disney-like. The music does carry this film a long way. It’s nice to see that Sony’s made quite a turnaround from being the punching bag of animation studios a few years ago.

Reactions: Frogki
“Netflix sucks , cause I’m so cool”, “Netflix doesn’t make qaulity only quantity, I’m better than that”, let it go people. Netflix is just thinking “we make billions, get more Emmy nominations than anyone, get more Oscar nominations than anyone, and even big shot directors who say they won’t work with us always do but hey you all do you and we will be just fine”. I love Netflix and will always keep them do they make some crap sure but they out produce everyone else so they have misses, just like everyone else. Remember when movies were fun but then the internet allowed everyone to be a critic, sucked. Yet I say still enjoy the movies and say f…. that regarding other’s opinions. Try it you just might enjoy more of life when you realize everyone else doesn’t think for you, so do only you. Thanks