Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Netflix

The cast for this movie is an all-timer, the tone is just way different than I was expecting. To me it seems like Netflix is going for Best Picture with the cast, but I don't necessarily see Best Picture in the trailer so far. It more/less looks like an end of the world movie with a stellar cast and i'm not sure the Academy is going to award them for that. Adam McKay is known for taking bold risks with his films though, so i'm looking forward to it.

Damn it! No!

I want Illumination and Universal to get these rights so I can get my damned Matilda ride!

I want Illumination near nothing that I like. This will be big for Netflix for them to outright own all of this.

Then Dreamworks. I just need it in Universal.

Ronald Dahl was a problematic man whose books just ended up being massive popularity...which is probably why no other company has tried to buy up all the rights.

Hopefully, they do an authentic version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....

So… why is no one discussing Midnight Mass? I thought it was great. A little long-winded but still a lot of fun.

So… why is no one discussing Midnight Mass? I thought it was great. A little long-winded but still a lot of fun.
Midnight Mass was incredible. I like Mike Flanagan's slow burn world building. It is probably his best work. Really thought provoking and deep. May not be everyones cup of tea but I think there are some really excellent performances.

I have a spoiler question about midnight mass

How come early in the season the priest is outside in the sun with no problems, when we know he died in the cave and took the blood and all that, but AFTER we find out he is a vampire he can no longer go out in the sun? But when the son turns, he is immediately affected by sunlight.

I have a spoiler question about midnight mass

How come early in the season the priest is outside in the sun with no problems, when we know he died in the cave and took the blood and all that, but AFTER we find out he is a vampire he can no longer go out in the sun? But when the son turns, he is immediately affected by sunlight.
He didn’t die in the cave. He passed out. The vampire saves him before he dies because of the prayer. Prior to dying the blood simply rejuvenates them. Bev is the one who kills Pruitt.

After Bev realizes the priest IS Father Pruitt by seeing the newspaper clipping on the wall, she poisons him, ostensibly, to test the miracle (it’s very Gideon of her).

The communion in the finale is (likely) a combination of rat poison and vampire blood. It’s the only way individuals who hadn’t taken communion prior (Sheriff Hasan’s son) can take the first communion and convert into full vampire at once.
There are a couple of holes.

Then Dreamworks. I just need it in Universal.

You have no idea how badly I wish a Roald Dahl Scary Tales-style house could happen even if it won't. I can dream. Roald Dahl was basically my life in second grade. Twits, Witches and BFG are still among my favorite books.

Last edited:
Streaming “Diana: The Musical” on Netflix may have doomed “Diana: The Musical” on Broadway.

The reviews are SCATHING, comparing it to Cats and (of all things) “Springtime for Hitler” (the fake musical from The Producers meant to be a flop).