Netflix | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Taika Waititi will be writing and directing projects based off on Ronald Dahl's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory--in animated format!

NX has also mentioned, that other projects are in the works for Ronald Dahl's library of stories, including the likes of Matilda, The BFG, and more.

Brilliant. I can see these being a huge hit. I'm genuinely excited about this.

Roald Dahl was something I was hoping would come to one of the parks one day and I hope this could be the stepping stone that is needed.

Reactions: GAcoaster
One of my favorite Universal Pictures upcoming film projects seems to have moved to Netflix with a Universal First Look Director....

Its Fairy Tales meet Avengers meets Wicked in a sense so it will be such a fun film but I'm just so curious is Universal sold the rights to Netflix or if Universal is still producing yet the film is being distibuted by netflix. This is also a franchise of 7 books

Netflix buys a theater in LA to go with the Paris theater they own in NYC. Makes perfect sense seeing as to qualify for the Oscars, you only need to open in NYC and LA so now they no longer need to even entertain the theater chains if they don't want to.

Reactions: Teebin
Loved the first season so can't wait. I have to say that the Kennedy Assassination story line reminds me a ton of 11.22.63 if any of you have read the book or seen the Hulu series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbad556
Netflix Developing a Bird Box Sequel

Dear god why

Reactions: n i c k
Netflix Developing a Bird Box Sequel

Dear god why
Because people will watch it and it's a cheap movie to make.

Truth be told, we actually have a thread already up for The Haunting of Bly Manor~

Reactions: belloq87

The Kane Chronicles is being adapted as a series of films for Netflix!

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's not often I get excited about a Netflix movie, but that fact that Adam McKay (The Big Short) was able to assemble such an amazing cast filled with Oscar winners and nominees, tells me that the script for this thing must be pretty damn good.

This LOOKS very interesting. Like it is live action filmed with an iPhone with an "Animation" filter.

"Groundbreaking animation experience" lol. It looks like they just rotoscoped some live action footage in the style of a Telltale game.

It looks like a mixture of both. Where they had incorporated some kind of Unreal Engine to generate and create the backgrounds and character models--while rotoscoping and motion capturing the facial elements of the actors to be placed on the faces.

Reactions: Disneyhead