Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Universal Studios Store (2021)

Our article

A new Universal Studios Store is coming to CityWalk at Universal Orlando, billed as Universal's new "Premier Retail Experience".

Our article

A new Universal Studios Store is coming to CityWalk at Universal Orlando, billed as Universal's new "Premier Retail Experience".

In late January 2020 Dave @Disneyhead called this. Good detective work Dave. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Minions room.
Yakuza GIF - Yakuza - Discover & Share GIFs

(JK, store will probably be better than the one we have now)
Lol, you may not like them, but they pay the bills

I hope it's a decent size space. It's kind of hard to tell just how big the interior space will be from the outside and the footprint of the shops that were removed to build it. I'm hoping it's a big store with lots of room, bigger than either the Studio Store or IOA Trading Company. I always feel like those stores were under-sized for the main gift shop at the entry/exit to a theme park, and they're always crowded. A bigger store on CityWalk could go a long way to alleviate some of the congestion.

Not a criticism, but I'm always amused how theme parks tend to gravitate toward grouping products by IPs (Minion mugs, Minion kids shirts, Minion hats, Minion adult shirts) whereas basically every other retail outlet on the planet groups things by product types (mugs over here, kids clothes over there, hats, adult clothes).

It would be like going into Autozone and having to cut across the Ford section to get to the Toyota section.

Not a criticism, but I'm always amused how theme parks tend to gravitate toward grouping products by IPs (Minion mugs, Minion kids shirts, Minion hats, Minion adult shirts) whereas basically every other retail outlet on the planet groups things by product types (mugs over here, kids clothes over there, hats, adult clothes).

It would be like going into Autozone and having to cut across the Ford section to get to the Toyota section.
The main Universal store in the park sort of has sections. There’s a stationary section and kitchen section, plus hats, etc. but then they also group by franchise.

I feel like Potter accelerated the idea of hyper-grouped merch

Although it would be interesting to see an Autozone organized that way lol

If what they've done to USH's Studios Store is by any concern, I'd suspect there'll be multiple sections, each dictated by a certain style and tone.

I'd assume one rooms for Illumination and DWA separately; one room for Potter; one room for Universal; and one room for Nintendo (borrowing the leaked artwork from the Nintendo@LA concepts).

For Potter I believe it's contractually required to be in it's own section. I suspect some of the others may be as well. I know both Seuss and Potter have very specific requirements about their retail.

Turning that corner to USF was getting a bit chaotic, especially as we head into Easter weekend. Need all the space they can safely use now considering they are trying to still mandate social distancing rules.
That corridor got pretty cramped even back in September. I can't imagine how it's been lately.