New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Universal has what it takes to build a new, popular, successful water park. Let's leave the water parks to SeaWorld and Disney...It's not like Universal will be losing any money by holding off on building one on property. They are making plenty off of Wet N Wild. Uni should stick to building state of the art rollercoasters and dark rides with state of the art ride systems. :thumbs:

Anyone else still think we aren't getting a water park but a park themed to water (i.e. DisneySea??)....maybe I need to dream smaller
I really hope this is the case, if universal is going to make a third gate in a remote area it shouldn't be a waterpark that'll only be open for a couple seasons

Personally, if the name 'wondersea island' is indicative of anything, I hope for a waterpark version of the Lost Continent. They could have a flooded temple as a swimming pool, I once swam in something like this in Turkey (Pamukkale), it is quite amazing ...

For me water Parks are a waste of time, effort and money. You pay a high gate price to queue for ages to slide down a slide that lasts no time at all with hardly any thrill involved. Other than that you can lounge round a pool, go in a pool or eat, all things I can do at resort for no extra cost. These are the reasons I won't go to water parks. Now if uni were to enhance the water park experience, with the best theming, additional water rides, amazing shows, then that would give me a reason to want to go. Water parks as they are offer little bang for your buck, it's time to change the way we water park.

This are my thoughts and feelings, I appreciate that others will enjoy water parks but for me, in their current guise, they are an expensive waste of time and i would rather spend that time the resort pool.

Last edited:
Personally, if the name 'wondersea island' is indicative of anything, I hope for a waterpark version of the Lost Continent. They could have a flooded temple as a swimming pool, I once swam in something like this in Turkey (Pamukkale), it is quite amazing ...
I know what you are talking about!!! That would be insane, great idea. I'm curious what the icon would be if that were the case (globe and lighthouse) possibly a giant trident like the one outside of the temple. I like the name wonder sea island. Can be both colorful yet adventurous at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

For me water Parks are a waste of time, effort and money. You party a high gate price to queue for ages to slide down a slide that lasts no time at all with hardly any thrill involved. Other than that you can lounge round a pool, go in a pool or eat, all things I can do at resort for no extra cost. These are the reasons I won't go to water parks. Now if uni were to enhance the water park experience, with best theming, additional water rides, amazing shows, then I would give me a reason to want to go. Water parks as they are offer little banned for your buck, it's time to change the way we water park.

This are my thoughts and feelings, I appreciate that others will enjoy water parks but for me, in their current guise, they are an expensive waste time and i would rather spend the time the resort pill.

I agree with this aswell, no typical waterparks universal I don't care how steep the slide is. Water parks aren't my forte. Every line isn't worth it, insanely expensive and you think guests are stupid at the parks? Oh nelly I have some stories. I say universal go big or don't bother trying. They could make something truly special if they try and I pray they do

I don't know if Universal has what it takes to build a new, popular, successful water park. Let's leave the water parks to SeaWorld and Disney...It's not like Universal will be losing any money by holding off on building one on property. They are making plenty off of Wet N Wild. Uni should stick to building state of the art rollercoasters and dark rides with state of the art ride systems. :thumbs:

I feel like this comment doesn't merit a response, that is crazy to say. They have the ability to make a world renown water park.

For me water Parks are a waste of time, effort and money. You pay a high gate price to queue for ages to slide down a slide that lasts no time at all with hardly any thrill involved. Other than that you can lounge round a pool, go in a pool or eat, all things I can do at resort for no extra cost. These are the reasons I won't go to water parks. Now if uni were to enhance the water park experience, with the best theming, additional water rides, amazing shows, then that would give me a reason to want to go. Water parks as they are offer little bang for your buck, it's time to change the way we water park.

This are my thoughts and feelings, I appreciate that others will enjoy water parks but for me, in their current guise, they are an expensive waste of time and i would rather spend that time the resort pool.

Want to go to Blizzard Beach with us next time your down? :look: :rofl:

Do any of the water parks in the world have a dark lazy river experience? I think it could be fun to drift through something like the amber mines in Camp Jurassic with the bubbling geysers and mysterious lights.

Do any of the water parks in the world have a dark lazy river experience? I think it could be fun to drift through something like the amber mines in Camp Jurassic with the bubbling geysers and mysterious lights.

Schlitterbahn does, complete with AAs and effects. Give me sec and ill find a link to the video

This is a sentiment shared by a lot of people. Thats why Universal will never build a waterpark on the scale of a full-fledged theme park. It doesnt have the same draw.

Here are two phenomenal examples from Waterworld in Colorado:
First up, Egypt:
[video=youtube;HESP--fg-s4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESP--fg-s4[/video]

and now, Dinosaurs:
[video=youtube;Aln4Ql7CHl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aln4Ql7CHl4[/video]

This is a sentiment shared by a lot of people. Thats why Universal will never build a waterpark on the scale of a full-fledged theme park. It doesnt have the same draw.

I think you missed his point. He said if there were more things to do (rides & shows) he would go. Which is why Uni may develop more of a hybrid type of park more than a straight water park.

All these lazy river experiences look awesome. To me the lazy river is the best part of a water park to me. The one at adventure island with splitting paths and a green house like area is insanely fun. Lazy rivers can be a great way to get around a water park without walking if it has a bunch of stairways to get out anytime. If universal made a lazy river with AAs and effects while using it as a mode of transportation would be a dream. Possibly every part of the lazy river could be themed? Like a sign that says "exit here for minion beach" and have minion AAs or static figures around it then have the next one themed to JP etc. I'm brainstorming here but wouldn't that be amazing?

I think you missed his point. He said if there were more things to do (rides & shows) he would go. Which is why Uni may develop more of a hybrid type of park more than a straight water park.

Not everyone is savvy enough to know about this, though. People see "waterpark" and will write it off. Not roodlesnouter specifically, but others with the same line of thinking who have less knowledge about the business.

Yes, they will have to figure out a way to advertise it so that it is not advertised as a water park, but people know they will get wet and need bathing suits. I am sure they could figure it out.

Yes, they will have to figure out a way to advertise it so that it is not advertised as a water park, but people know they will get wet and need bathing suits. I am sure they could figure it out.

You're overestimating the general public :lol:

But even so, nothing changes the fact that youre going to have to be wet all day, overexposed to the sun, walking around in a bathing suit, seeing other people in bathing suits, etc...I love waterparks and think Universal could do a great job with one but the negative stigma is pretty strong for some people. Waterparks are a niche and should be treated as such. That being said, Universal can make theirs a lot cooler than the others without being excessive.

You're overestimating the general public :lol:

But even so, nothing changes the fact that youre going to have to be wet all day, overexposed to the sun, walking around in a bathing suit, seeing other people in bathing suits, etc...I love waterparks and think Universal could do a great job with one but the negative stigma is pretty strong for some people. Waterparks are a niche and should be treated as such. That being said, Universal can make theirs a lot cooler than the others without being excessive.

My turn to compliment you ... perfectly put.

Also, let me stress, as someone who routinely hangs at Aquatica and Blizzard Beach, I welcome Universal's water park. I'm sure their take on the concept will be great, with some innovative ideas. But I absolutely believe it will have more in common with the other water parks around town than IoA.

My turn to compliment you ... perfectly put.

Also, let me stress, as someone who routinely hangs at Aquatica and Blizzard Beach, I welcome Universal's water park. I'm sure their take on the concept will be great, with some innovative ideas. But I absolutely believe it will have more in common with the other water parks around town than IoA.

Don't be so sure just yet! :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.