Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That all depends on what you seek in a film like 21 Jump Street or Cloudy.

This is Nintendo...I don't need them to take Zelda, Fire Emblem, or Metroid and completely lose the original story into something they aren't suppose to become just to sell box office tickets. I can see it now...them turning Link into a douche voiced by Chriss Pratt with a sassy fairy sidekick voiced by Wanda Sykes directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

This is Nintendo...I don't need them to take Zelda, Fire Emblem, or Metroid and completely lose the original story into something they aren't suppose to become just to sell box office tickets. I can see it now...them turning Link into a douche voiced by Chriss Pratt with a sassy fairy sidekick voiced by Wanda Sykes directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

Did you see the LEGO Movie? Because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen

I'd much pefer more someone actually that handles dramatic work; and to implement that in an animated style skin for Zelda. It doesn't need to be Live-action, all that would matter is on the story to me.

Did you see the LEGO Movie? Because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen

LEGO never had a story behind them or some creative force they were basing it off of. That's why LEGO worked as it has no origin source so they can make any story they way. It's essentially if they tried to make Jenga a movie. The other two franchises they are famous for, they lacked keeping majority of things from the original source they were based off in the films and essentially used the name and the overall concept which isn't smart for video game movies and have been a cause of failure...I.E Super Mario Bros.

I do think there should be a fun film they could do Pikmin and Kirby but I wouldn't want them to touch any of the others franchises.

Last edited:
Zelda has a pretty clear story yes, but i'm not really sure what story you're arguing about Mario or other characters. We know that Mario was stereotyped as Italian, that's about it.

LEGO never had a story behind them or some creative force they were basing it off of. That's why LEGO worked as it has no origin source so they can make any story they way. It's essentially if they tried to make Jenga a movie. The other two franchises they are famous for, they lacked keeping majority of things from the original source they were based off in the films and essentially used the name and the overall concept which isn't smart for video game movies and have been a cause of failure...I.E Super Mario Bros.

Uh, yea. I'm gonna major league disagree. But okay.

Zelda has a pretty clear story yes, but i'm not really sure what story you're arguing about Mario or other characters. We know that Mario was stereotyped as Italian, that's about it.

Mario is a Italian plumber from New York who once was the owner of Donkey Kong and didn't treat him right so Donkey Kong rebelled and kidnapped his girlfriend. He has a younger brother named Luigi. How he ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom no one knows. However in the mushroom kingdom he spends most of his time saving Princess Toadstool also known as Princess Peach from King Koopa and Bowser.

His enemy arch rival is Wario who dependent on the game really isn't a villain in the traditional sense but just hates Mario

Reactions: anihilnation
Personally bringing this up; wouldn't it be good that we move the Nintendo going to Motion Pictures in a different area of OU's forums? Considering that this can probably go to a different corporation outside of Universal/Comcast (IE; Warner Bros or Fox).

I think Miller/Lord would be a good choice for a Mario movie for a few reasons:
1) They're great writers.
2) The fast-paced humor of movies like Cloudy and LEGO would work great with Mario IMO.
3) They're great at taking terrible ideas for animated movies and making them very great and memorable.

Also yeah, we should probably move these posts to elsewhere on the forums.

Personally bringing this up; wouldn't it be good that we move the Nintendo going to Motion Pictures in a different area of OU's forums? Considering that this can probably go to a different corporation outside of Universal/Comcast (IE; Warner Bros or Fox).

Yes.

Everyone, back on topic. Theme parks.

Mario is a Italian plumber from New York who once was the owner of Donkey Kong and didn't treat him right so Donkey Kong rebelled and kidnapped his girlfriend. He has a younger brother named Luigi. How he ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom no one knows. However in the mushroom kingdom he spends most of his time saving Princess Toadstool also known as Princess Peach from King Koopa and Bowser.

His enemy arch rival is Wario who dependent on the game really isn't a villain in the traditional sense but just hates Mario
King Koopa and Bowser are the same person.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
gonna leave this here and walk away slowly....
Comcast Ventures Leads $3 Million Round in VR Startup Spaces | Variety

Spaces, officially formed in January 2016, says it’s already working on a range of VR and mixed-reality projects with companies including NBCUniversal, Microsoft, Big Blue Bubble and the Hettema Group. Platforms it’s developing for include Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft HoloLens, Samsung Gear VR, PlayStation VR and Google Cardboard.

Reactions: Mike S