Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This makes me wonder something I heard but haven't been able to confirm. I wonder when Comcast was making the deal with Nintendo and buying out Universal Japan, they made a certain large scale investment in Nintendo.

Especially with Fallon getting that exclusive on the switch and gameplay and on super mario run.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Man, there was no parks news but that was a fairly lengthy and eventful segment. Mario Run, Zelda, Switch and Miyamoto playing with Roots. Not bad Jimmy.

Reactions: Mike S
This makes me wonder something I heard but haven't been able to confirm. I wonder when Comcast was making the deal with Nintendo and buying out Universal Japan, they made a certain large scale investment in Nintendo.

Especially with Fallon getting that exclusive on the switch and gameplay and on super mario run.
I think something like that would've been made known. Jimmy's just always had a love for Nintendo.

Some quick examples I found:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Well, technically, making Nintendo your next big thing across the parks is a pretty big investment in the brand any which way you slice it.

Nintendo has stocks but I don't think Universal bought a significant amount of them if any. There is no synergy in that merge because Comcast is not into game development. Investing in Universal Japan was a wise move. It gives them full control about what is going in there and the costs of each ride they make can now be divided by 3.
@MikeS, that gif is so fracking annoying.

@MikeS, that gif is so fracking annoying.
b1f7812d966aa90216d7ee763c7c2dbf.jpg

Forgive me for fanboiing.

I just heard this song after playing Super Mario 3D World. I swore I heard it in a theme park but that's not true. But, this song would make amazing transition music from Nintendo to Hollywood.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Frogki
That really is a great transition piece. If I had only heard it I wouldn't have recognized it from Nintendo. Nice jazzy piece.

Disappointed we didn't get anything on Fallon but not surprised. Hopefully we'll see info sooner rather than later.

Man don't get me started on Nintendo music lol. Both 3D World and Mario Kart 8 have that jumpy-jazzy feel to their soundtracks, which are both great by the way. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Yoshi Woolly World both have stellar soundtracks too... bit of a shame a lot of this stuff was hidden away on the Wii U console.

I'm looking forward to seeing how UC incorporates the various iconic tunes from the games into the attractions. Like imagine entering a green pipe facade for one of the attractions to suddenly hear that classic "Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum!" underground song... pure magic right there.

All of the other Nintendo communities have been scrutinizing all the footage for mundane details. Why aren't we?!

I'd say it's because we're a more sane bunch around these parts, but I don't wanna be known as a massive liar so I wont lol.

Look at Miyamoto's shirt. Samurai Mario! A hint towards park merch?

I freaking loved that shirt so I certainly hope so. Apparently it says "Super Mario Ran" in Japanese, 'ran' being a Japanese word meaning to revolt, or go to war, so it's quite the statement Shigs is making there.