Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That DK concept is brilliant -- a real 'why did we not think of this before'. You can tell that either Universal themselves or Nintendo are really trying to go all-in on this. It almost reminds me of a simplified (and non-dynamic) Kuka arm, if you think about how the arm and ride vehicle are arranged on FJ.

DK coaster where you fly of the track would be awesome!

The patent drawings totally emphasize the arms being used to simulate ramping off the track to another one. And any DKC fan knows those mine levels. :)

YRXSz

That Mario Kart patent looks incredible and the DK mine coaster looks even better. I really hope the actual rides are similar to those.

Can't wait to see what else they're coming up with.

Reactions: Mike S
Queue:

Ride:

Do it Universal. Also we need a Cranky Kong AA that's fully aware he's in a theme park somewhere :lol:

Attraction entrance:

Man, I hope that concept pans out for a DK ride. I was always worried the ride would be somewhat inaccurate because track hopping just isn't a thing, but this would be an insanely creative solution from Universal. Like, complete genius. I'm actually stunned.

Cranky: "Enjoy the mine-whatever. In my day we had Ferris wheels, and we liked it!"

Attraction entrance:

Man, I hope that concept pans out for a DK ride. I was always worried the ride would be somewhat inaccurate because track hopping just isn't a thing, but this would be an insanely creative solution from Universal. Like, complete genius. I'm actually stunned.

Cranky: "Enjoy the mine-whatever. In my day we had Ferris wheels, and we liked it!"

Cranky: "You're all spoiled by these fancy new roller coasters. Back in my day we had to get out and push them up the hills ourselves, and we liked it!!!"

"You know, I took a stroll through the rest of the park and found so much of that fancy-shmancy 3D. It would've been here too had I not shown those creative types what for!!!"

Reactions: JPRA513
If the rumored Mario Kart and DK ride systems are paired with a Yoshi's Island attraction that uses something similar to Navi River/Shanghai POTC, I definitely see this becoming a HUGE hit, surpassing Fantasyland as the template for a phenomenal family-friendly theme park area.

Although it'll need some smaller attractions to balance out the three big attractions. A couple flat rides (WarioWare and maybe Peach) and a walkthrough/obstacle course (Luigi's Mansion or retro Super Mario Bros) would be cool to see.

I wonder if we'll get 5-6 attractions, though.

If the rumored Mario Kart and DK ride systems are paired with a Yoshi's Island attraction that uses something similar to Navi River/Shanghai POTC, I definitely see this becoming a HUGE hit, surpassing Fantasyland as the template for a phenomenal family-friendly theme park area.

Although it'll need some smaller attractions to balance out the three big attractions. A couple flat rides (WarioWare and maybe Peach) and a walkthrough/obstacle course (Luigi's Mansion or retro Super Mario Bros) would be cool to see.

Interesting, a slow moving boat ride is something Universal dosen't have...a water ride alone would be welcomed in the studios...I would like to see Universal take on the concept..

Reactions: chewbacca1995
Interesting, a slow moving boat ride is something Universal dosen't have...a water ride alone would be welcomed in the studios...I would like to see Universal take on the concept..
Plus, the tropical setting of Yoshi's Island and the bright colors (not to mention it's rumored to either replace E.T. or use part of the MIB/Springfield plot) makes for a gentle, screen-free, set-laden E-ticket.

Whatever replaces E.T. shouldn't have a height requirement IMO. Each park could use about 3-4 major attractions anyone can do.

If i was to guess, there will be three attractions for each version of Nintendo that launches at USF, USJ, and USH.

I would say that Mario Kart and Donkey Kong could be locks for Hollywood, Orlando and Japan; but I think each attraction will have an unique attraction that is different for each park. Osaka gets Yoshi (if they do), while Orlando gets a unique Mario-centric attraction and Hollywood does the same in another unique Mario-centric attraction. That way, it allows the ability for each land to be different in a special and unique element that shows an certain aspect that each park needs.

For Japan and Orlando, I could see an additional phase; but Hollywood is a different case in that I imagine that this will be the only phase of Nintendo at Hollywood. They are extremely limited on space, so it may make sense in that they may want to make each version special.

Although that's a guess on my part; it makes the most sense in my opinion.

Plus, the tropical setting of Yoshi's Island and the bright colors (not to mention it's rumored to either replace E.T. or use part of the MIB/Springfield plot) makes for a gentle, screen-free, set-laden E-ticket.

Whatever replaces E.T. shouldn't have a height requirement IMO. Each park could use about 3-4 major attractions anyone can do.
You're absolutely right...there could still be thrilling elements from the Yoshi universe, but it would be for the whole family...Seeing as the Mario Kart and rumored DK ride appear to be thrill rides, Yoshi will balance...Add a highly themed flat ride or two and you have yourself a winner

There will be nothing like Shanghai Pirates as there will be no screens in any of the rides.
Really curious to see how they do Mario Kart with no screens...So stinkin excited for this land

Reactions: Porkchop