Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will be huge and definitely is the future of universal parks can we take this topic to future projects beyond 2016-2017? Lmao I get the feeling this will replace kidzone but then I feel like it would be awkward next to E.T and the better fit would be S.T

There's just so much they could do. Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, metriod, Mario kart, Kirby...I think the biggest question though is placement. Most people on another site seem to think this will be either a marvel or toon lagoon replacement. I'm thinking kid zone but who knows.

I'm not just on the hype train as most people are. Sure Mario and friends are beloved. Yes the merchandise would be a hit. I get the appeal for families. Until concepts are coming out. I'm just not completely sold and I own every Nintendo system but Wii U.

If they snag Pokeman then maybe I can see something big there. Otherwise I'd see it being mainly Mario with nods/experiences to other characters.

Well both parks are fuller than pretty much all of Disneys parks (excluding MK) combined, it's just some of the content inside that needs work and even then it's not so bad where it needs to go immediately....well maybe kidzone but I digress. We are at a point now where a third park is pretty damn plausible
Well, from a personal standpoint, I wish Universal would utilize the space they have in a more functioning fashion. Disney Parks have nice layouts and the space they use is to capacity.
A good example of Universal using space is Kong, Tranformers (As much as I hate it's location), and DA (As Much as I hate it replacing a ride.) I hope they continue to do that before a third park. Besides. Ninentdo would fit well at USF.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a reason I brought this up at some point in the recent past.

Now the real fun can beging.
Can you find that? I'd like to know where so I can read more about what was speculated. Unless that is daunting with all of the threads

Universal can do magic with a small plot of land (look at diagon alley) so Kids Zone (is bigger) could be great.
I would love to see a Zelda log ride (like Splash Mountain) behind the Simpsons.
A Pokemon game troughout the land like the magic wand at Potter where you can collect Pokemon's that appear.
A grand carousel with as much Nintendo characters as possible.
Mario cart next gen. Drivers take place in there carts (all looking different). Lights go out while you get lifted up in a 360 dome where a simulated race starts. You see the other drivers on the screens around you and realy have to steer and give gas. You can spin out of controlle and pick up wapons or extra's.
A Nintendo HQ where you can play the latest and greatest games and added food options (I go for the pink mushrooms).
Throw in a stage show.
Add a Nintendo float to the parade and a meet and great and you have a nice land.

Last edited:
The good news here is that UC won't have to worry about me trying to peek behind their curtain for this IP. While I understand the popularity, I must admit that it just isn't my thing at all.

Good Luck UC! :wave: :look:

I'm an old school, early-days PC gamer (King's Quest, Carmen Sandiego, etc), but always enjoyed playing/watching the Mario Bros, Donkey Kong and other Nintendo games with my family on my son's consoles.

I'd love to see Popeye rethemed with a Donkey Kong Jungle overlay - DK releasing barrels into the water would be an awesome plus. A Mario Bros dark ride or Mario Kart racing would be welcomed too.

They have a great IP to draw on here and know UC will do a great job as always.

Also remember that at one point Mario was more recognizable then Mickey! People need to think beyond Nintendo and the WiiU and see the potential in the Characters. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, and a ton more.

You are going to having Woody Woodpecker who hasn't been relevant since the 70s / 80s. To having having one of the most recognizable IPs around. Imagine the Mascots running around Nintendo Land.

Maybe they'll make Princess Peach's castle from Mario 64, have a Pokémon Safari, and Hyrule field. Lots of fun ideas with this. I am truly jealous of my kid. He is gonna have a ball.

...I'm going to make a bold claim, this is larger than Potter for Merchandise and stories they can do. This was something I was like looking to see if it was false but once I saw Kotaku and the quotes. I just..This could be either the greatest theme park news or the greatest IP news for Universal. I have hope of what they do but...I do have hopes, which might not happen.

One is something Metroid related. It could work greatly for a park and having it be somewhat a thrillride could be special. Then, Zelda. Zelda I hope to god is something like a E-Ticket. They can do so much with Zelda and its own mythology. Then Mariokart...Bring Space Fantasy and redo it to the Rainbow Bridge. It'd be amazing to see what Universal can do with these IPs.

Oh my God, this is the best way to wake up. There is so much potential they can draw from. Nintendo has been such a huge part of my life, I can't believe this is happening :happy: :happy: :happy:

Alot of people seem to think this is a lock for KidZone but with the USF's focus on film and television might this be a better fit for the Toon Lagoon replacement or a possible third park?

This is absolutely huge. Imagine how big this would be at USJ if Potter just pushed them to break records...yeah, HUGE!

In the States, there are just so many things to imagine. The attraction ideas are virtually endless (although a lot of them [90%?] would involve involve screens in some fashion, maybe use Musion more), but the merch, the merch opportunities are what have Universal brass really excited, I'm sure. An arcade that looks and feels like it belongs in a theme park, Mario/Zelda/Pokemon are merchandise dreams, Mario snacks (candy mushrooms, giant chocolate coins), the list goes on. Nintendo could very well rival/surpass Potter in merch numbers.

The good news here is that UC won't have to worry about me trying to peek behind their curtain for this IP. While I understand the popularity, I must admit that it just isn't my thing at all.

Good Luck UC! :wave: :look:

Same. I feel indifferent about this, I'm more pumped about Kong still.