Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

This is like redemption for the failed Warner Bros. deal. There are so many characters that could be used. Not saying it should, but Nintendo could be its own theme park, honestly. Assuming this is a comprehensive deal, Mario family land, Pokemon kiddie land, Zelda and Donkey Kong larger lands...

I could kiss you, Universal.

I don't think it would fit into USF at all, especially with it's trend of lands themed after urban places. Nintendo deserves more than the kidzone space, it's an IP that could seriously have it's own park. I think in many cases the merch could overtake potter. Pokemon itself could take over potter let alone every other IP. I hope they're smart with this IP and don't just turn it into one ride or show, if it's gonna be done it has to be done right. Like multiple big rides with some dark rides thrown in. I'm not gonna rattle off a wish list because that would be overall pointless this stage in the game but my god there are endless possibilities here. Universal orlando resort will soon be the nerd capital of the world and I'm more than fine with that statement

Those who don't have kids..and are not into video games....its understandable that you don't grasp how huge this is. Trust me....This is bigger than Harry Potter.

Here's some stuff I came up with five years ago for a video game theme park called Versus, incidentally intended for Universal. Never finished the Mario land, Mushroom Kingdom, but it'd be cool to see some versions of the other concepts.

Original write-up

Arcadia, including Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, and Pac-Man

Pokemon Village

Basically there would be a "main street" based on board games, a Mario all-ages land, a classic arcade all-ages land, a shooter/adventure land for the teens/young adults, and a Pokemon land for the kids/families.

Last edited:
Long time lurker here........................ anyway, it's probably just coincidence and probably has no relevance, but there is a Mario Cart game track called "Volcano Bay".......... just sayin...

If a betting man, I would bet the mortgage on Kidzone. It's a natural.And couple that with Skip's comment in the past that KidZone IP's were changed, it makes sense........Here's a perfect ride, "The Minions Meet Pokemon" LOL

WOW...honestly I thought this was a bumped April Foold Thread when I saw it.

I grew up with Nintendo, and the characters are still very, very popular, regardless of how well the Wii U is selling.

As cool as a Zelda, Metroid , or a F-zero Coaster would be. I'd put my money on a Mario ride of some sort. A small kid friendly mario kart ride seems like a no brainer. Although, a replacement for kid zone also seems obvious.

Re-purposing Men-In-Black as some sort of "video game" seems possible too.

Those who don't have kids..and are not into video games....its understandable that you don't grasp how huge this is. Trust me....This is bigger than Harry Potter.

Don't get me wrong. I'm into video games, I have a 3DS I take everywhere with me, I just, I'm in different to this. I'm still more pumped about Kong than NintendoLand. I feel like Nintendo should have a park of it's own it's so huge. I get the popularity, but it's just not my thing.

Pretty happy this deal got made. They really do have a whole lot of properties that spawn multiple generations and could be really interesting and fun. I could really see this being an answer to the Disney Princesses. Another big thing is they now have something to compete with the Infinity/Vinylmation collecting in Nintendo Amiibos and the 3ds Street Pass.

Very interested to see what happens.

I'm pretty excited about this. It's not going to be as big as Harry Potter for Universal but it's going to be closer than people think. As far as merchandise goes it'll be fairly close. Lots of potential for rides, etc. Nintendo's going to be giving input and designing a video game is a lot like a theme park ride. I've already heard several comments on video game message boards that people are going to have to go to Universal once this opens up.

Nintendo's IPs are beloved amongst a lot of people. I know there was a pretty famous poll back in the day where Mario was more popular among US kids than Mickey Mouse. Even if their consoles aren't selling as well as they did with Wii/DS, they're making moves to expand use of their IPs into TV shows, movies, mobile games, etc.

Mega excited ... saw it in the news earlier today and said to myself: "well now we know what is coming to kidzone".

I know people say Nintendo is doing bad in the console wars, but I think this is not necessarily true. Yes, the Wii U has not sold too good, but it is an amazing console and the major reason why developers have abandoned it is because the system architecture is difficult to write for. In any case, I am pretty sure the Nintendo NX will be a huge success, I just hope they will continue using a gamepad type controller, really very handy to use.

And how about a name for an attraction: Harry Potter and the escape from Pipe Land

I think Pokemon would attract a lot more younger people than Mario. Zelda as well, a lot of people around my age (23) still have 3DS and I know for a fact a lot of us still play Pokemon and thought it would be so cool to be a Pokemon trainer in real life. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER THOUGH.

I don't think it would fit into USF at all, especially with it's trend of lands themed after urban places. Nintendo deserves more than the kidzone space, it's an IP that could seriously have it's own park. I think in many cases the merch could overtake potter. Pokemon itself could take over potter let alone every other IP. I hope they're smart with this IP and don't just turn it into one ride or show, if it's gonna be done it has to be done right. Like multiple big rides with some dark rides thrown in. I'm not gonna rattle off a wish list because that would be overall pointless this stage in the game but my god there are endless possibilities here. Universal orlando resort will soon be the nerd capital of the world and I'm more than fine with that statement

Lets take a look.

Kidzone and other assorted Space (Not including ET)

Nintendo%201_zpspksozq6h.png

The movie Pixels is coming out in a few months with Donkey Kong and Pac Man among others.

No saying it will do well at box office but those two IP's will be out and talked about then.

Super Mario would make an awesome Slide/Kidplay area with the tubes/slides and characters from that game .

Not a ride but I was thinking that Universal Creative unleashed with that IP can and will do some great themed areas .

Replacing Fivel,Barney,Woody Woodpecker (have had AP for 8 years now and still have not ridden that)

The only part of that area I may miss is the water play area .

Last edited:
Irrelevant. This isn't a deal regarding video game sales. It's a deal regarding some of the most iconic characters on the planet that were still free agents

I agree, I just meant that as a more general note.
I am definitely hoping there will be a Legend of Zelda attraction, my daughter is even more hoping for this.

On a side note, hopefully Universal will do a Legend of Zelda movie as well!