Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
well in japan its taking up almost a forth of the park everything in the Hollywood section is going so it need to be a big area
universal-studios-japan-map-is-nintendo-land-being-delayed.jpg

Wrong. Per USJ its the parking lot which is going away which is by waterworld and Harry Potter. Hollywood is Universal Cool, Jump, etc area which means not going away.

That area still is huge at ~14 acres

So I was overly scrutinizing this site plan in the Universal Beijing thread, and I couldn't help but notice something. Try to follow my line of thinking here. The theme park on the left matches the layout of Universal Studios Florida almost EXACTLY, just flipped horizontally. The Mummy, the Music Plaza, Men in Black, The Simpsons, damn near well everything, even the Kings Cross building, even though there doesn't seem to be a friendly route for a Hogwarts Express route to the other park. So, okay, they're probably just using the layout of our park as a placeholder until their second park is designed. This could be further evidenced by the fact that the park on the right seems to be a little more fleshed out, and a little more prominent in context of the overall resort with a much larger entrance complex, so we can guess that this is actually their Studios-branded park under construction right now. So what's interesting, then, is that if you look at KidZone in that placeholder layout of our park... it is totally different. No Barney, no Curious George, no Fievel, no Woody Woodpecker, but a space with 2-3 big showbuildings. So it seems that this might be a little hint at what is to come for Nintendo. No way to tell for sure for now, but I'd say there's reasonable chance that that's a proposed layout for our Super Nintendo World.

So I was overly scrutinizing this site plan in the Universal Beijing thread, and I couldn't help but notice something. Try to follow my line of thinking here. The theme park on the left matches the layout of Universal Studios Florida almost EXACTLY, just flipped horizontally. The Mummy, the Music Plaza, Men in Black, The Simpsons, damn near well everything, even the Kings Cross building, even though there doesn't seem to be a friendly route for a Hogwarts Express route to the other park. So, okay, they're probably just using the layout of our park as a placeholder until their second park is designed. This could be further evidenced by the fact that the park on the right seems to be a little more fleshed out, and a little more prominent in context of the overall resort with a much larger entrance complex, so we can guess that this is actually their Studios-branded park under construction right now. So what's interesting, then, is that if you look at KidZone in that placeholder layout of our park... it is totally different. No Barney, no Curious George, no Fievel, no Woody Woodpecker, but a space with 2-3 big showbuildings. So it seems that this might be a little hint at what is to come for Nintendo. No way to tell for sure for now, but I'd say there's reasonable chance that that's a proposed layout for our Super Nintendo World.
Okay, I had to flip the image to wrap my mind around it, but is this what you mean?

bejing-flipped-studios.jpg

Because you're right, it's like the only thing that's actually different from our park. Even Earthquake/Disaster looks like the old version to me, and not F&F.

ENHANCE!

Enhance.jpg

Hehe, just messing around...

But, if you look at the front of the Yoshi/ET building on the map, it does have a jutting out front that does seem to match the concept art for Yoshi mountain (where the yellow entrance tunnel is.) Just putting that out there.

I gotta say, as much as I've loved E.T. Adventure ever since I was little, seeing those colorful Yoshis in the concept art really makes me hope that we end up getting a Yoshi ride. I think something like that would be much more relatable to kids nowadays -and- also to adults that grew up with Super Nintendo like me. Too often I hear parents trying to explain to their kids that ET is a good guy, well, because he's kinda creepy looking if you've never seen the movie.

As long as it would be an even trade though. Dark ride for a dark ride. If they replaced ET with more 3D screen rides I take it all back.

YOSHI.jpg

Is that 2D map what Universal will look like when Nintendo Land gets there? Or is it the regular map for the park?

Edit: Nevermind

I feel like Nintendo will draw more new people more to Universal, as it's a new fan base. Star Wars however is already established in Disney, so no new fan base.
That makes me wonder how much pent up demand there is for SW. It's already been in the parks for 20 years. They are already super saturation marketing SW at DHS. And you know they aren't going to back off with VIII coming out soon. Followed by IX and 2 SWEs. So how do they step it up from here?

This is going to get silly.

First, nice sleuthing @Mr. EPCOT Incredible sleuthing :)

That makes me wonder how much pent up demand there is for SW. It's already been in the parks for 20 years. They are already super saturation marketing SW at DHS. And you know they aren't going to back off with VIII coming out soon. Followed by IX and 2 SWEs. So how do they step it up from here?

This is going to get silly.

There will be plenty. I'm a Star Wars fan and after walking through launch bay once- that was enough. That place is a ghost town compared to what it used to be outside of the M&Gs. It's almost like you go there and say "that's all?"- so when people can see pictures and videos of an immersive land and rides- for those that have already been, it'll make them think "that's what it was supposed to be in the first place". That's how, I feel at least.

The silly thing is them marketing the fact they have Star Wars anything sans Star Tours. That's the biggest joke of it all.

Reactions: Mike S
New to this thread... Are we going to see attractions that aren't Mario? I know it's just the concept art for a totally different park, but calling it a Nintendo World isn't really right since it's just Mario and Friends

Welcome! Yeah, if you read back through (I wouldn't) the current thought is a Mario Kart ride, a DK ride (coaster?) and possibly a Zelda ride. USJ is supposedly also getting a Yoshi ride that is pictured a few posts up.

Reactions: HeroOfWDW