Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope they don't base anything on it because it would just break two minutes later.
My weapons last way longer than that. Sounds like you're doing it wrong ;)

Not a single weapon broke during my Lynel fight unless you count the Master Sword getting to the point where it needed a recharge :)

If there's a big difference between sales of Zelda and the new Mario game (probably won't be, but Zelda was crazy popular), I wonder if the plans for the land change at all?

The Zelda series always sells well, but it's definitely a tier below Mario and Pokemon in terms of both sales and popularity. While it's popular with gamers, I think they'd need to be careful making an attraction so that it can appeal to Nintendo fans and people who may have never played a Zelda game. That's why I think it needs to be a LC replacement - it'd fill the same niche for people who've never even heard of the series, but it'd give video game fans a HUGE draw to go to IOA and the attractions would be big upgrades from the junk we have now.

Also, if a Zelda expansion doesn't have a ride with a massive, terrifying Guardian animatronic that follows around the ride vehicle (similar to that dinosaur that chases after you in Dinosaur at DAK), than what's the point?

The Zelda series always sells well, but it's definitely a tier below Mario and Pokemon in terms of both sales and popularity. While it's popular with gamers, I think they'd need to be careful making an attraction so that it can appeal to Nintendo fans and people who may have never played a Zelda game. That's why I think it needs to be a LC replacement - it'd fill the same niche for people who've never even heard of the series, but it'd give video game fans a HUGE draw to go to IOA and the attractions would be big upgrades from the junk we have now.

Also, if a Zelda expansion doesn't have a ride with a massive, terrifying Guardian animatronic that follows around the ride vehicle (similar to that dinosaur that chases after you in Dinosaur at DAK), than what's the point?

I think it has a better shot at being in Park 3, but we'll see.

Anybody else surprised how quiet Nintendo has gotten? It seemed like this was going to be their next big project. But now, DC seems to have taken that title? A ton of momentum seems to have stopped.

Not sure where to put this because I'm not sure what these are for (besides the new parade building) but it looks like a bunch of new trailers have popped in the backlot this year:

before:
View attachment 3994

after:
View attachment 3995

I can only think of Nintendo as a project big enough to warrant this many trailers.
note how many trailers volcano bay needed:
ss 2017-04-04 at 12.56.23 PM.jpg