Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I think is cool is that Donkey Kong will have as much a land within the Nintendo land as King Kong has in his whole land (if not more as far as offerings.)
It's more sad for me (for king Kong). Not that King Kong needs a ton, but at least a decent QS restaurant on par with Cauldron/Broomsticks- in both food and environment- would have made the "land" much better. Universal's QS outside of potter and maybe Simpsons (although food is still generic) is just embarrassing.

It's still a purely 3d screen simulator ride, and it's not a complete land. Plus, it's way too similiar to the one I went in the Studio Tour in Hollywood, even if it has more story. I went on both and I see no difference between the two.
If you can't see the difference between the two, then how could anyone have a logical conversation with you. It's also not a "purely 3D screen simulator".
Where to start?
-The multiple AAs?
-About 20% of the ride time being all practical- from the outdoor section, to bats, to Kong
-The vehicle map projecting ceiling
-The additional 5 scenes? 2 of which are screens with a more fleshed out story (albeit still not totally cohesive)
And this doesn't even take into account the ride technology is very different. Not just the driverlesss vehicle, but The hydraulics on each individual wheel are significantly more advanced vs the singular platform at Hollywood. So the movements are much different.

But ok. You couldn't tell the difference between the two :saywhat:
Maybe you should stop offering ride opinions if you honestly can't tell the difference. Or do you just speak in exaggerated hyperbole? Either way...

It's more sad for me (for king Kong). Not that King Kong needs a ton, but at least a decent QS restaurant on par with Cauldron/Broomsticks- in both food and environment- would have made the "land" much better. Universal's QS outside of potter and maybe Simpsons (although food is still generic) is just embarrassing.

If you can't see the difference between the two, then how could anyone have a logical conversation with you. It's also not a "purely 3D screen simulator".
Where to start?
-The multiple AAs?
-About 20% of the ride time being all practical- from the outdoor section, to bats, to Kong
-The additional 5 scenes? 2 of which are screens with a more fleshed out story (albeit still not totally cohesive)
And this doesn't even take into account the ride technology is very different. Not just the driverlesss vehicle, but The hydraulics on each individual wheel are significantly more advanced vs the singular platform at Hollywood. So the movements are much different.

Maybe you should stop offering ride opinions if you honestly can't tell the difference. Or do you just speak in exaggerated hyperbole? Either way...
One of Universal's better counter service restaurants is basically adjacent to Kong. The food at Thunder Falls Terrace is definitely a step up from Circus McGurkus or Comic Strip Cafe.

Although, I would love for them to turn it into a mid-level table service steakhouse/lounge.

I still think that for Zelda, they should have Death Mountain as a landmark, and have a family coaster attraction to go with it, kind of like Uni's version of Everest, they could have elaborate dark ride parts were you see the lava and feel its heat etc. They also could have a scene with the giant dead Dodongo, he is about to eat you, but then you drop, similar to how JP ends. For a second ride, they could have a slow boat ride through Zora's domain or something.

I still think that for Zelda, they should have Death Mountain as a landmark, and have a family coaster attraction to go with it, kind of like Uni's version of Everest, they could have elaborate dark ride parts were you see the lava and feel its heat etc. They also could have a scene with the giant dead Dodongo, he is about to eat you, but then you drop, similar to how JP ends. For a second ride, they could have a slow boat ride through Zora's domain or something.
If he's dead how is he about to eat you? ;)

If he's dead how is he about to eat you? ;)
Lol, I mean King Dodongo, I thought Giant Dead Dodongo also was his name, but I think maybe that is just the name of the skeletal thing at the entrance. Would be cool though, dark ride part has these lava sections, then you stop in front of the dead dodongo, it goes open, then later on you have the King Dodongo meetup and then there is a drop initiating the coaster part.

Where to start?
-The multiple AAs?

1rlHlYK.png

Reactions: StonedAtTheParks
Those other properties wouldn't be able to support a whole land on their own.

Yeah the reason those things didn't get a land is because they don't fit a land. What would a tonight show land look like? FF? Kong maybe, but don't think it needs it. I'm not looking at the pitch art as this isn't important because it only got this seeing as Pokémon got a trainer building and that's it.

These properties aren't really enough interest to support their own lands. Tonight Show doesn't really offer as much since it's just a show and Fast and Furious doesn't offer as much variety either. Skull Island would have been a perfect fit had not for the lack of available space at Islands of Adventure. A land like Zelda would be more interesting because it offers a lot of interesting settings and dynamics, like the Hyrule village and the castle. Perfect fit for Islands of Adventure and a possible replacement for the Lost Continent.

With that said, it's such a shame that Universal-owned IPs have been bastardized for filler 3d screen-simulator rides where non-Universal IPs such as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Mario Kart gets the top notch. Fast and Furious and King Kong deserves much better treatment. The last time they treat its own IP it deserved is the Mummy attractions in Orlando, Los Angeles, and Singapore.

And Zelda doesn't have enough interest to support a whole land. Sure it would be cool looking, but Warcraft would make for a really cool looking land too. There won't be a Warcraft land and I can't see them dedicating a whole land to Zelda. A ride with a great facade like Poseidon, sure. But to dedicate a whole land to a low level IP just makes no sense. The vast majority of people would walk into the land saying wow this looks cool, but what is it? It's kind of ironic that people are on here arguing that Avatar didn't deserve a land, but that Zelda does. Too many times, and I do it myself, we confuse what we would like, with what the GP would like and would make sense.

And Zelda doesn't have enough interest to support a whole land. Sure it would be cool looking, but Warcraft would make for a really cool looking land too. There won't be a Warcraft land and I can't see them dedicating a whole land to Zelda. A ride with a great facade like Poseidon, sure. But to dedicate a whole land to a low level IP just makes no sense. The vast majority of people would walk into the land saying wow this looks cool, but what is it? It's kind of ironic that people are on here arguing that Avatar didn't deserve a land, but that Zelda does. Too many times, and I do it myself, we confuse what we would like, with what the GP would like and would make sense.

I would disagree, Zelda is not a low level IP and it can hold it's own as a theme park land.

Well, the wizarding world coaster got fasttracked. Could we see the nintendo world announcement come soon?
It is not really known if it is fasttracked or nor, since it was rumored for quite a while now that DC would close beginning of September. Question is, how quickly they want to build the DC replacement, I think that fast tracking it would mean having it open by 2019, and then have Nintendo by 2020.

Reactions: Mike S
It is not really known if it is fasttracked or nor, since it was rumored for quite a while now that DC would close beginning of September. Question is, how quickly they want to build the DC replacement, I think that fast tracking it would mean having it open by 2019, and then have Nintendo by 2020.
Its opening in 2019. They confirmed that in the announcement

One of Universal's better counter service restaurants is basically adjacent to Kong. The food at Thunder Falls Terrace is definitely a step up from Circus McGurkus or Comic Strip Cafe.

Although, I would love for them to turn it into a mid-level table service steakhouse/lounge.
I love the idea of a Jurassic Park steakhouse. It's a shame they have trouble filling their existing table service restaurants.

Reactions: Joel
Where to start?
-The multiple AAs?

Maybe you can't take the fact most of the action still takes place on the 3d screen and there's nothing that convinces me it's just as immersive as the Konfrontation or King Kong Encounter. I have been on the ride and you act like I've never been on it to make the difference. The physical sets on the screen you indicated are little and does nothing to make up for the fact it's a longer version of the Studio Tour in Hollywood.

I have been on the ride and you act like I've never been on it to make the difference. The physical sets on the screen you indicated are little and does nothing to make up for the fact it's a longer version of the Studio Tour in Hollywood.
Yes... because you sound like you've never been on it. The fact you've been on it and still can't tell the difference makes me question your judgement on essentially everything ride related.

Actually, Zelda DOES have the varieties to make up for the whole land.
Yes... because you sound like you've never been on it. The fact you've been on it and still can't tell the difference makes me question your judgement on essentially everything ride related.

Yes I've been on it. Don't make me assume otherwise I don't and I have enough to offer my opinion and I think you should respect it and not being rude.

Actually, Zelda DOES have the varieties to make up for the whole land.

I never questioned whether they could make a cool land. I questioned whether there was enough GP interest in a whole land.

And actually, the varieties of Zelda make it even more problematic as theres been debates on here about which iteration of the series they should use. Even the fans of it can't agree of which style to use. So which one would Uni invest a few hundred million dollars on? Or do you suggest generic Zelda land even further muddying the chances of the GP recognizing it?

Reactions: Andysol
I never questioned whether they could make a cool land. I questioned whether there was enough GP interest in a whole land.

And actually, the varieties of Zelda make it even more problematic as theres been debates on here about which iteration of the series they should use. Even the fans of it can't agree of which style to use. So which one would Uni invest a few hundred million dollars on? Or do you suggest generic Zelda land even further muddying the chances of the GP recognizing it?

Well that's what Disney is doing with Star Wars, and it looks like it's going to turn out great.

Reactions: Mike S