Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 336 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be albeit serious, I have to think they will keep Nintendo close to it's pocket until they break ground fully.

There is no need to announce it yet, and that if it is announced; I don't see it having that much to talk about, outside of that a piece of conceptual art, similar to what happened when Osaka was announced last December.

Reactions: Mike S
To be albeit serious, I have to think they will keep Nintendo close to it's pocket until they break ground fully.

There is no need to announce it yet, and that if it is announced; I don't see it having that much to talk about, outside of that a piece of conceptual art, similar to what happened when Osaka was announced last December.
I feel like an announcement about KidZone closing would at least be forthcoming. Even if it's the week prior and includes no mention of Nintendo.

Reactions: fryoj and Mike S
I feel like an announcement about KidZone closing would at least be forthcoming. Even if it's the week prior and includes no mention of Nintendo.
I think Nintendo has a bit of control over how this is handled. Normally Universal wouldn't have announced anything yet. We probably will get some kind of Nintendo info when KidZone closes.

Oh I agree that we'll probably see an announcement of the waves of closures for Kidzone in the next two weeks. That said, I don't think we will hear anything on Nintendo over there, and if there is; it won't be anything big.

Okay guys, I got this...

Announcing, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is with great honor that I am proud to say, Nintendo is coming to Universal Orlando Resort, at some point in the future somewhere within the resort. It will likely contain attraction(s). Thank you and have a wonderful day.

I'm so confused. :lol:

They may announce it soon, but I suspect they want the Potter announcement is still getting a lot of chatter, so I would expect they to let that play out a little longer before dropping this one.

From the looks of the video you posted this week, we might get an announcement for the SNW at the former Kidszone area somewhere in August or after HHN. After all, Universal Studios really need to catch up with Disney Parks constructing SWGE in Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios scheduling to open before D23 in 2019. As for the Hollywood version, I'm afraid we might not get started until sometime the next year, due to how incredibly landlocked Universal City is at the moment, as other ongoing sounstages are still used for filming and directing. A rumored Secret of the Life Pets attraction may take place behind the soundstages where they were recently demolished.

From the looks of the video you posted this week, we might get an announcement for the SNW at the former Kidszone area somewhere in August or after HHN. After all, Universal Studios really need to catch up with Disney Parks constructing SWGE in Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios scheduling to open before D23 in 2019. As for the Hollywood version, I'm afraid we might not get started until sometime the next year, due to how incredibly landlocked Universal City is at the moment, as other ongoing sounstages are still used for filming and directing. A rumored Secret of the Life Pets attraction may take place behind the soundstages where they were recently demolished.

Disneyland's, is scheduled to reopen by D23. Orlando is a different story, but I have a feeling that they may be trying to push for the 48th anniversary date on that one.

As for competing with Star Wars, while Potter will be a good offset, @Joe mentioned a particular project for USF that would launch before Nintendo, and if Nintendo can open by 2020 alongside or later on in the year after the Osaka version; then it won't be as big of a problem as Universal could have about two things to get people away from DHS.

As for Hollywood, SLoP if they go on a route that I hope they go for, should be something that Hollywood needs.

Hollywood will be putting a lot of money into the Lower Lot before Nintendo Opens, which is actually a good thing as they may follow a similar construction pattern to what was done for the Upper Lot in the period of 2013-2016 but on a shorter timetable.

That said, I am curious mostly on the Hollywood rendition of SNW, but that will be saved on the Hollywood thread of SNW. What I'm curious of in regards to Orlando, is that it is probably going to be the shining gem of any rendition of the original phase; including all three attractions, Donkey Kong; Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island, and that it should help USF out tremendously on a lot of things.

Either way, I am excited to see what happens for the land as we get more and more details for all of the versions.

Disneyland's, is scheduled to reopen by D23. Orlando is a different story, but I have a feeling that they may be trying to push for the 48th anniversary date on that one.

As for competing with Star Wars, while Potter will be a good offset, @Joe mentioned a particular project for USF that would launch before Nintendo, and if Nintendo can open by 2020 alongside or later on in the year after the Osaka version; then it won't be as big of a problem as Universal could have about two things to get people away from DHS.

As for Hollywood, SLoP if they go on a route that I hope they go for, should be something that Hollywood needs.

Hollywood will be putting a lot of money into the Lower Lot before Nintendo Opens, which is actually a good thing as they may follow a similar construction pattern to what was done for the Upper Lot in the period of 2013-2016 but on a shorter timetable.

That said, I am curious mostly on the Hollywood rendition of SNW, but that will be saved on the Hollywood thread of SNW. What I'm curious of in regards to Orlando, is that it is probably going to be the shining gem of any rendition of the original phase; including all three attractions, Donkey Kong; Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island, and that it should help USF out tremendously on a lot of things.

Either way, I am excited to see what happens for the land as we get more and more details for all of the versions.

Definitely, the Lower Lot really needs to be expanded. It still feels so incomplete especially when it only houses three attractions and the Panda Express restaurant. Since I live in NorCal (slang for Northern California), I drive to Los Angeles every year for HHN and Knotts Scary Farm since I've been lay off 5 years ago and struggling to get a job since. I just hope that some of the SS demolished would be used for SNW, since physical sets requires tons of areas. Secret of the Life attraction might possibly interfere with the construction of SNW and I'm pretty sure people would ask for Nintendo than the film not everyone knows about (I didn't know this until weeks ago).

Definitely, the Lower Lot really needs to be expanded. It still feels so incomplete especially when it only houses three attractions and the Panda Express restaurant. Since I live in NorCal (slang for Northern California), I drive to Los Angeles every year for HHN and Knotts Scary Farm since I've been lay off 5 years ago and struggling to get a job since. I just hope that some of the SS demolished would be used for SNW, since physical sets requires tons of areas. Secret of the Life attraction might possibly interfere with the construction of SNW and I'm pretty sure people would ask for Nintendo than the film not everyone knows about (I didn't know this until weeks ago).

I have to assume that SNW in Hollywood, logistically; will be last.

They need to complete work on the additional soundstages that will come online in the next year or so; and that they need to reconfigure the Lower Lot, similar to what happened with the Upper Lot in the period of time of 2013 to 2016.

Now, I'm not saying copy and paste; but that there are reasons to why one will come before another.

What I am interested, is what will SNW in Hollywood have; as it will most likely be replacing Mummy, the parks only big roller coaster. But, that is better saved for this thread,

Super Nintendo World (Hollywood)

From my understanding it will be last. But only by a few months. Think the timeline differences between SW:GE between CA, and FL, it'll be similar to SNW between HW and ORL, with the FL version being the first to open.

We could be seeing Marvel Land and Nintendo opening in the same summer (in CA). That'll be exciting for sure.

I still think Nintendo should start up their own conventions again like how they used to do Space World. Hollywood would obviously be the biggest one with the most attention just like San Diego Comic Con but there would still be one in Orlando too.

Just a personal wish of mine like the Nintendo Stores in CityWalk.

They need to complete work on the additional soundstages that will come online in the next year or so; and that they need to reconfigure the Lower Lot, similar to what happened with the Upper Lot in the period of time of 2013 to 2016.

Now, I'm not saying copy and paste; but that there are reasons to why one will come before another.

What I am interested, is what will SNW in Hollywood have; as it will most likely be replacing Mummy, the parks only big roller coaster.

The Mummy Ride is likely to stay as long as they want, since it just got a recent refurbishment almost last year so it's unlikely it would be entirely demolished to make room for SNW. We won't likely see the announcement of the SNW area in Los Angeles until next year, because Universal City have to make sure the construction of SNW doesn't interfere with the ongoing Studio Tour as well as the filming behind the scenes.

On the side note, I do obviously think the Mummy ride in Hollywood needs to match up with Orlando and Singapore versions. The ride feels a bit lacking, is short, and doesn't have a clearly defined conclusion. I just hope it expands to build addiction layout and wall-by-wall so it could truly get a ride it deserves.