Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 579 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:lol:IDK how you could make a ride out of a game where nothing happens.
With Animal Crossing, it would be feasible to make a small kid's land with stores, characters roaming or meet & greets, a show, maybe a flat ride or two, maybe a mobile app where you collect items, etc., this could all be feasible.

The chance of this happening is slim (and not something I prefer to happen), but it could work. If I were a theme park with limited IPs (like SeaWorld/Busch or Six Flags), I'd get this done. But Universal has much more to work with.

Reactions: shiekra38
Not saying a ride (although a slow moving dark ride could actually work) but a store, playground, and/or M&G would be cool.

I don't think Animal Crossing could work as a ride but it would be perfect as a sort of Mini-Diagon Alley away from the rest of Super Nintendo World. Imagine, after enjoying the fast-paced rides and interactive experiences of the Mushroom Kingdom, you could enter a pipe and find yourself in a mini-land themed to Main Street from New Leaf. From there, you could shop for merch at Nookling Junction, GracieGrace and Crazy Redd's, Buy a new outfit at Able Sisters, have a nice drink at The Roost and to end your trip, visit the museum which would be converted into an elaborate meet-and-greet where you would walk through Blather's various exhibits before meeting Isabelle and K.K Slider. You could even exchange your cash for bells with the assistance of an animatronic Tom Nook.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Animal Crossing is meant to be chill...A small town where you could walk through houses and interact with stuff could be fun

Pokemon needs to be first IMO

Is there any chance of something Animal Crossing related showing up in the parks? Its as big as Zelda at this point.

I could see maybe a small boat ride. Something similar to Small World. Figures cutting down trees, building houses, that sort of thing.

Maybe Nook shows up in every other room to demand payment if you want the ride to continue :grin:

Reactions: RFRees
I could see maybe a small boat ride. Something similar to Small World. Figures cutting down trees, building houses, that sort of thing.

Maybe Nook shows up in every other room to demand payment if you want the ride to continue :grin:

Ooo, the first ride with microtransactions! I love it!

Seriously though, for all these armchair ideas about what an Animal Crossing attraction should look like, I do think that if made reality, it would actually be a smash hit whatever form it takes. I'm sure you all heard about the PAX east booth for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, right? It was a booth themed to a tropical island from the games, complete with life-size sculptures, projection mapping and meet-and-greet characters. People fell head over heels for it and I think if it was done again on a grander, more immersive scale, you would attract not just Animal Crossing fans but families and passholders looking for a more relaxing atmosphere outside of the effects, thrills and grandeur found in other lands.

For what it’s worth, there’s a nintendo direct on March 10th (mario day, Mar10) and if they had any concept art for peacock live they could put it there instead

Some sort of mario kart video game for the switch is also rumored for the event

For what it’s worth, there’s a nintendo direct on March 10th (mario day, Mar10) and if they had any concept art for peacock live they could put it there instead

Some sort of mario kart video game for the switch is also rumored for the event

Nintendo hasn't confirmed a direct on the 10th, not on any of their official outlets.

And if SNW is discussed, it won't be during a Direct. And even then--why bring up SNW when the park that is getting it this year--is currently closed until the 15th due to COVID-19 affecting Japanese tourism?

Nintendo hasn't confirmed a direct on the 10th, not on any of their official outlets.

And if SNW is discussed, it won't be during a Direct. And even then--why bring up SNW when the park that is getting it this year--is currently closed until the 15th due to COVID-19 affecting Japanese tourism?
Hey! Not quite sure what you mean on the second point, could you elaborate? Construction seems to have continued despite temporary park closure and the park would probably open it at the same time.
Also, I’m unfamiliar with how nintendo operates, do they usually like to announce or show stuff some months in advance? it seems like if they do have a direct on Mar10 it would be fitting due to the mario centered nature of the holiday and would be a few months prior to the opening so people could plan trips and build anticipation. i know universal likes last minute reveals but you’d think it’d be different with nintendo

Hey! Not quite sure what you mean on the second point, could you elaborate? Construction seems to have continued despite temporary park closure and the park would probably open it at the same time.
Also, I’m unfamiliar with how nintendo operates, do they usually like to announce or show stuff some months in advance? it seems like if they do have a direct on Mar10 it would be fitting due to the mario centered nature of the holiday and would be a few months prior to the opening so people could plan trips and build anticipation. i know universal likes last minute reveals but you’d think it’d be different with nintendo

Usually when Nintendo has a direct--its announced a day or two before the official presentation. And they have not spoken of SNW at all in their directs--save the 2015 E3 Digital Presentation when they brought up the partnership a month after it was announced.

Mar10 isn't celebrated in the form of a direct. And as far as COVID-19 is concerned, I would imagine that Universal and Nintendo would want to pick a date that wouldn't be as.. problematic as it stands right now for the tourism industry. But that's another topic for another thread.

Usually when Nintendo has a direct--its announced a day or two before the official presentation. And they have not spoken of SNW at all in their directs--save the 2015 E3 Digital Presentation when they brought up the partnership a month after it was announced.

Mar10 isn't celebrated in the form of a direct. And as far as COVID-19 is concerned, I would imagine that Universal and Nintendo would want to pick a date that wouldn't be as.. problematic as it stands right now for the tourism industry. But that's another topic for another thread.

Yeah, just to add a last note to this, the reason Super Nintendo World is opening in Japan first is because they wanted to capitalize on the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. There's been talk that the Olympics may be postponed due to the virus and if that does happen, i wouldn't be surprised if USJ postponed SNW's opening as well.

If the Olympics are cancelled, makes no sense to open the land to a potential audience that's no longer present and risk a PR nightmare if the park is connected to a coronavirus case. The risk would no longer be worth the reward financially.

Reactions: WaterToWade
The following is a rumor from Video Game Chronicle (they had broken that CODMW2 Campaign would launch this week):

Nintendo was planning on having plans to physically celebrate Mario's 35th Anniversary at E3, with more details on the partnership with NBCUniversal that would've apparently touched on the parks and Illumination film, but is now being possibly worked on as a digital presentation.

Eurogamer has seemingly confirmed this, as they have brought up the Mario remasters on their own article.