Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 580 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After seeing the updated Switch sales charts that Nintendo released today, yeah they're gonna have to find a way to get Animal Crossing into the parks somehow. 22.4 million in three months, outselling everything on the Switch but Mario Kart (and about to beat Mario Kart as well). Jesus.

After seeing the updated Switch sales charts that Nintendo released today, yeah they're gonna have to find a way to get Animal Crossing into the parks somehow. 22.4 million in three months, outselling everything on the Switch but Mario Kart (and about to beat Mario Kart as well). Jesus.
That's kind of an outlier though. Let's see how the next one sells when the country isn't under lockdown.

That's kind of an outlier though. Let's see how the next one sells when the country isn't under lockdown.

Animal Crossing, does crazy sales, but I don't see it making sense for a theme park attraction, let alone a land.

A play area though, with Tom Nook and K.K. Slider though?

That's what I'm expecting. Probably a meet and greet as well.

Honestly--my mind has been set on Pokemon--as they actually have a very easy way of doing an attraction with the IP now: because of the Taxi in Sword/Shield and Twilight Wings.

Whether it's a motion simulator or some kind of dark ride, perhaps having an attraction where guests are boarding a custom 4-person taxi as a flying Pokemon takes you around the various regions, makes so much sense. And, it'd be a possibly easy way to satisfy fans of all the series locals.

Reactions: RevFreako
Animal Crossing, does crazy sales, but I don't see it making sense for a theme park attraction, let alone a land.

A play area though, with Tom Nook and K.K. Slider though?
A mini land with Tom Nook's store, a few explorable houses, and perhaps even a slow moving boat ride through the town.

That boat ride has the potential to be "Living with the Land" level relaxing, but that's really the only ride you could do, slow and chill.

Perhaps a boat ride through the different seasons that would simulate a full "day"..with smells and such

At that point though, why would you not just do a Pokemon boat ride though haha

Last edited:
One gift shop that looks like a row of shops on the outside, featuring Nook, Able Sisters, etc, would be sufficient for me. I just want to be able to buy Able Sisters branded Animal Crossing shirts tbh. Play areas, kiddie rides, meet and greets, all fine, but let's be honest, it's all about commerce in those games really!

Honestly--my mind has been set on Pokemon--as they actually have a very easy way of doing an attraction with the IP now: because of the Taxi in Sword/Shield and Twilight Wings.

Whether it's a motion simulator or some kind of dark ride, perhaps having an attraction where guests are boarding a custom 4-person taxi as a flying Pokemon takes you around the various regions, makes so much sense. And, it'd be a possibly easy way to satisfy fans of all the series locals.

Depending on the popularity of the new release, you could do a Pokemon Snap AR attraction which would be pretty neat.

If I'm reading the SNW Kidzone permits correctly, there's still a little bit of land near ET that they could use without taking up SNW land. Put an Animal Crossing gift shop and meet and greet there, it gives kids something to do while KZ goes under construction and other Nintendo IP's will (hypothetically) be next door. It's perfect.

What the hell would Animal Crossing even be? If you want to fish, go do it at a lake near your house. :lol:

Plot twist. DK never happens and this plan ends up accurate, except SNW proper (no DK) goes on the pink land. Everyone wins.

Replacing an awesome ride system with a game about doing nothing is not a win.

What the hell would Animal Crossing even be? If you want to fish, go do it at a lake near your house. :lol:

A couple of meet and greets, a store, a food stand for fruit, and a boat ride. Before you say that they couldn't make a boat ride out of Animal Crossing, remember that Disney made a boat ride out of Avatar where you do practically nothing. So it's not unheard of. Have it be a sing along adventure with all the Animal Crossing characters and have it go through different areas and seasons and stuff, sorta like what @shiekra38 said.
Replacing an awesome ride system with a game about doing nothing is not a win.

I mean, it could be a good kid-friendly ride, sorta IASW-esque. No danger, just a relaxing ride. No height requirement. Then you have Yoshi, which has no height requirement. Then you have Mario Kart, which is kid friendly. Then you have all of the play areas and meet and greets, which would make for one hell of a kids area with plenty of stuff for all ages. And if they really wanted to they could have DK replace ET (although most would hate that). It's not the greatest idea in the world, but it's not really a bad one either.