Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

'Murder She Wrote' is under used at the parks - could be a hit like Golden Girls has become recently with a new generation, ha.

Didn't Coach take a job with the fictional Orlando pro football team? And the show moved from a Minnesota to an Orlando setting.

Wonder if he checked out the Poltergeist house the other year, ha.

So this idea popped in my head the other day. What if Universal Studios as a whole became a retro park. We've all said it a hundred times before that the Universal classics (Jaws, BTTF, Kong, ET, Ghostbusters, etc.) are too good to be left behind. Especially if updated versions of the rides were created. The resort could become, The Past - Studios, The Present - IOA, and The Future - Epic Universe.

So this idea popped in my head the other day. What if Universal Studios as a whole became a retro park. We've all said it a hundred times before that the Universal classics (Jaws, BTTF, Kong, ET, Ghostbusters, etc.) are too good to be left behind. Especially if updated versions of the rides were created. The resort could become, The Past - Studios, The Present - IOA, and The Future - Epic Universe.

I'd love it, but we're in the minority!

The most I could ever see Universal doing in terms of its classic brands is what they're doing with the Classic Monsters at Epic Universe (one land in a larger park). They'd never dedicate an entire theme park to properties they consider to be "old."

Well, this goes against not just what the parks were in the past but what they are now. If there is a park that looks to the past, maybe it's the one with comics and cartoons from the 1920s? Or a whole land about mythology? If anything USF should be the bleeding edge park with the most modern IPs and attractions while the other parks can support more timeless things.

Back in the 90s it was the Disney fans making fun of USF being too modern with Beetlejuice, ET, Ghostbusters, BTTF, and Nickelodeon. The park had "too many thrill rides" and "nothing worked". One of the strengths of Universal, for better or worse, is the fact that they will make those hard decisions to replace things. 30 years from now there will be people making your same post but instead "USF should go back to the classics like Jimmy Fallon, F&F, Simpsons, and Minions".

Last edited by a moderator:
30 years from now there will be people making your same post but instead "USF should go back to the classics like Jimmy Fallon, F&F, Simpsons, and Minions".

I kind of doubt this, if only because people in 30 years will still regard the BTTF films, JAWS, GHOSTBUSTERS, the works of Hitchcock, etc. as classics, and I'll be stunned if anybody is arguing in 30 years that the F&F or DESPICABLE ME or TRANSFORMERS movies are classics anywhere close to that level. And consequently, the nostalgia for their attractions is likely to be less.

I kind of doubt this, if only because people in 30 years will still regard the BTTF films, JAWS, GHOSTBUSTERS, the works of Hitchcock, etc. as classics, and I'll be stunned if anybody is arguing in 30 years that the F&F or DESPICABLE ME or TRANSFORMERS movies are classics anywhere close to that level. And consequently, the nostalgia for their attractions is likely to be less.

It comes down to this I think:

RWNdkAzsyuK1rWTo3KCTqGJDBk03HVRtX1AWu8vhyIE.jpg