Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I totally see what you're saying, and that really wasn't directed at you. But if they pull off an awe-inspiring floating mountain, and somebody on here goes "well there were more mountains in the concept art. meh." I'm going to slap them :lol:

To be fair that is Disney setting people up for disappointment after disappointment. :lol:

I thought this quote was comical "If AVATAR Land is as well done as we all hope it should put pressure on the other Orlando theme parks (Universal & Sea World) to continue their growth. - See more at: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/10/28/5-reasons-to-love-avatar-land-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/#sthash.iwHVXJWE.dpuf"

Any chance we might see some of the same ride tech being used on POC in Shanghai for Avatar?

Good heavens no!

Asia=Innovative concepts or plussing existing concepts to the next level and beyond (Huge Budgets)

TDO=Value Engineered with no creativity, recycled concepts, and mgmnt heavy budgets.

See the difference lol

I thought this quote was comical "If AVATAR Land is as well done as we all hope it should put pressure on the other Orlando theme parks (Universal & Sea World) to continue their growth. - See more at: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/10/28/5-reasons-to-love-avatar-land-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/#sthash.iwHVXJWE.dpuf"

i know avatar is the running joke around here but surely you can agree that with a good sized expansion other resorts will continue to build, unless you re saying UOR will continue to build regardless

- - - Updated - - -

is this insider info or just your opinion? Anything close to the concept art will be a home run

i know avatar is the running joke around here but surely you can agree that with a good sized expansion other resorts will continue to build, unless you re saying UOR will continue to build regardless

- - - Updated - - -

is this insider info or just your opinion? Anything close to the concept art will be a home run

I think it is assumed that Universal as of late could care less and will continue to build on their resort regardless of implementation of blue Pocahontas..
As far as Sea World...they have their own problems to deal with at the moment..

The Avatar expansion will really only benefit Animal Kingdom in the sense that it adds capacity to the park..there is no new groundbreaking item to really set a new standard..same with Fantasyland Expansion..If adding capacity is the only big argument for why this expansion is a good thing then we as fans have lost our marbles..Universal will continue to expand and go their direction of ground breaking highly themed attractions and lands and Disney will continue to go its direction of 'adding capacity'...I think Disney fan boys are trying to grasp at any straw they can really.

I think it is assumed that Universal as of late could care less and will continue to build on their resort regardless of implementation of blue Pocahontas..
As far as Sea World...they have their own problems to deal with at the moment..

The Avatar expansion will really only benefit Animal Kingdom in the sense that it adds capacity to the park..there is no new groundbreaking item to really set a new standard..same with Fantasyland Expansion..If adding capacity is the only big argument for why this expansion is a good thing then we as fans have lost our marbles..Universal will continue to expand and go their direction of ground breaking highly themed attractions and lands and Disney will continue to go its direction of 'adding capacity'...I think Disney fan boys are trying to grasp at any straw they can really.

well we dont yet know what all avatar will have in terms of ground breaking items...so all we have right now is guesses..IMO avatar gets way under sold on this and other boards (again just my opinion)and i think it will have a carsland (at least) type move on the parks.... it will keep people in Animal Kingdom and probably one of the great places to be in Orlando at night (theme park wise)
again just my opinion

well we dont yet know what all avatar will have in terms of ground breaking items...so all we have right now is guesses..IMO avatar gets way under sold on this and other boards (again just my opinion)and i think it will have a carsland (at least) type move on the parks.... it will keep people in Animal Kingdom and probably one of the great places to be in Orlando at night (theme park wise)
again just my opinion

I respect your opinion and see what you are saying...I'm really just going off of speculation from the trusted insiders (which can always be wrong)...Animal Kingdom at night is beautiful and they should have already gone forward with 'Rivers of Light' a while ago (project was supposed to happen in what 2006?)...I will definitely be visiting Avatar Land when it opens as I'm sure it will be breathtaking theme wise...however I think the reason it is under sold is because they are releasing over the top concept art and under releasing information about the land...and this is TDO so we are all worried about what cost cuts will happen...especially for a project that is drug out as long as Avatar..There are a lot of variables...

I respect your opinion and see what you are saying...I'm really just going off of speculation from the trusted insiders (which can always be wrong)...Animal Kingdom at night is beautiful and they should have already gone forward with 'Rivers of Light' a while ago (project was supposed to happen in what 2006?)...I will definitely be visiting Avatar Land when it opens as I'm sure it will be breathtaking theme wise...however I think the reason it is under sold is because they are releasing over the top concept art and under releasing information about the land...and this is TDO so we are all worried about what cost cuts will happen...especially for a project that is drug out as long as Avatar..There are a lot of variables...

I'm confused, I've always thought Animal Kingdom was closed around 6-6:30 every night because of the animals?

No, but they will be in the future when they have more after dark attractions and more guests wanting to be there for Avatarland.

It's just like with SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, they close early when crowds are low, but they can stay open later (because they have enough attractions that can be open after dark).

yeah i read the article...trying to wrap my head around the E ticket...glad its something different than Pandora if this article is correct....themeing for this land could be special

Status
Not open for further replies.