Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good with his actors (manly because he doesn't know how to direct them...burn) but everybody on the behind the scenes side despises the guy. I have a friend who helped him with avatar and he said that he was total jackass to everybody there when he didn't get what he wanted. He even said one day he started crying because something was wrong and left the studio pouting. I'm sure he's a nice guy but his ego and temper just gets the best of him
I have to hand it to you. You are one pesky little troll. Every time you think you finally "got 'em", you still somehow manage to comeback and find a way to say how working with Cameron is going to be the worst thing ever for Disney.

There's problems in EVERY working relationship. Early on in the design process for this very project, there were multiple problems being reported between Cameron and Disney. Guess what though? All of that is over. The dust has settled. R&D is done. They've gone into the construction phase, which means the worst is over. I'm sure he'll have things to say when he checks up on the site, but shouldn't he be allowed to be protective of his property and want it to be held to the highest standard?

Reactions: TylerDurden
I have to hand it to you. You are one pesky little troll. Every time you think you finally "got 'em", you still somehow manage to comeback and find a way to say how working with Cameron is going to be the worst thing ever for Disney.

There's problems in EVERY working relationship. Early on in the design process for this very project, there were multiple problems being reported between Cameron and Disney. Guess what though? All of that is over. The dust has settled. R&D is done. They've gone into the construction phase, which means the worst is over. I'm sure he'll have things to say when he checks up on the site, but shouldn't he be allowed to be protective of his property and want it to be held to the highest standard?

Troll? I've really done nothing XD but in all honesty yeah it's being constructed so you are right he really can't do much now, I'm just saying I don't expect him to be calm after it's all done, it will be updated and changed once those gates open to accommodate sequels and his demands. I know he wants the highest standards and who can blame him? If I made something and it was going into a theme park I'd be all over it too. He is just known to go a little out of hand and I pray Disney does every demand without having a budget cut

Last edited:
Sure he is going to care about this project, he feels Avatar is one of his best films and is definitely more attached to his films than most. The thing is Cameron doesn't need the money, so Disney only has one leverage card in being able to do something that Cameron can't do (create a real world). The other thing is that Cameron wants everything to be the best it can be, which I'm sure is Disney's main goal as well. I think they will both end up pulling out all the stops and this will be as impressive of a land as it has been built up to be. In the end, they both need each other to make this happen.

Cole, I don't think you are a troll, you are a puppy with a bone though. In meaning you don't let things drop easily. It is not a big deal though.

Now on this topic, He has been a pain, he will still be a pain, but it won't be a major issue at this point. It did delay ground breaking, but he won't want this to be delayed any more. Disney is a pain too and Cameron has worked in the theme park world before, so he knows what to expect. The bottom line is at this point it won't effect the overall look and feel of the land (other than make it better) and it won't effect the opening year.

And there are still people that work with Uni that still make minor changes to Hogsmeade. So it is nothing new for things to keep changing.

Reactions: Hockeyman55
Cole, I don't think you are a troll, you are a puppy with a bone though. In meaning you don't let things drop easily. It is not a big deal though.

Now on this topic, He has been a pain, he will still be a pain, but it won't be a major issue at this point. It did delay ground breaking, but he won't want this to be delayed any more. Disney is a pain too and Cameron has worked in the theme park world before, so he knows what to expect. The bottom line is at this point it won't effect the overall look and feel of the land (other than make it better) and it won't effect the opening year.

And there are still people that work with Uni that still make minor changes to Hogsmeade. So it is nothing new for things to keep changing.

Thank you for saying that I'll definitely work on keeping my mouth shut and to let arguments die out, sorry if I came off as trollish, I'm here because I love theme parks and want to make friends with people who do to. But yeah back on topic after looking at the concept again I am excited for avatar land, if it looks like the concept art oh my god we are in for a treat. Avatar soarin sounds like fun (even though I don't know how it'll work) and that boat ride will have phenomenal theming. The military mess hall restaurant looks like fun and I'm very curious to see how they will make floating mountains. My guess tons of mist. I'm also curious about the Navi costumes and how they will look, it's hard to make a stilt walker look natural so hopefully they nail it. Overall see you guys there in 2017, much needed project for AK

Thank you for saying that I'll definitely work on keeping my mouth shut and to let arguments die out, sorry if I came off as trollish, I'm here because I love theme parks and want to make friends with people who do to. But yeah back on topic after looking at the concept again I am excited for avatar land, if it looks like the concept art oh my god we are in for a treat. Avatar soarin sounds like fun (even though I don't know how it'll work) and that boat ride will have phenomenal theming. The military mess hall restaurant looks like fun and I'm very curious to see how they will make floating mountains. My guess tons of mist. I'm also curious about the Navi costumes and how they will look, it's hard to make a stilt walker look natural so hopefully they nail it. Overall see you guys there in 2017, much needed project for AK

for the record I don't think you came across as a troll, also the questions you have are legit....still lots to learn about this project...the problem for this land (for us) is its tucked away and will be difficult to get information on unlike DA and NFL which was done in front of everyone

Well he's always trying to raise the bar...

[video=youtube;67MRiMT9cnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67MRiMT9cnE[/video]

for the record I don't think you came across as a troll, also the questions you have are legit....still lots to learn about this project...the problem for this land (for us) is its tucked away and will be difficult to get information on unlike DA and NFL which was done in front of everyone
Thank you, and yeah that's kind of annoying but exciting at the same time. I'm glad I can't see gringotts yet because when you walk through those doors for the first time it's gonna be a real wow moment, same with the floating mountains if not a bigger wow moment

Thank you, and yeah that's kind of annoying but exciting at the same time. I'm glad I can't see gringotts yet because when you walk through those doors for the first time it's gonna be a real wow moment, same with the floating mountains if not a bigger wow moment

great point on both Gringotts and Pandora....the fact that so much has not been seen on Gringotts even though we know quite a bit is exciting and how they do these floating mountains is a gonna be fascinating

great point on both Gringotts and Pandora....the fact that so much has not been seen on Gringotts even though we know quite a bit is exciting and how they do these floating mountains is a gonna be fascinating

Yeah I'm most excited for that and the ride vehicles for avatar soarin. If I can actually ride on one of those blue pterodactyls I'll be the happiest person ever

The more and more I hear about this thing the more excited I actually get. Not really a fan of the movie but its interesting none the less.

The more and more I hear about this thing the more excited I actually get. Not really a fan of the movie but its interesting none the less.
Hey, i've never watched either Cars movie and have no plans to, but they made a pretty awesome land based off of it. Can you share what has you more excited?

Hey, i've never watched either Cars movie and have no plans to, but they made a pretty awesome land based off of it. Can you share what has you more excited?

Before I really changed my "inside" approach I'd heard a few interesting tidbits in regards to interactive elements across the land and ride. I may share more somewhere down the road once it breaks but we will see. Oh and I loved Carsland! I thought they did an outstanding job recreating the atmosphere in every way. I was kind of disappointed in RSR's but only because the land is breathtaking and sets the tone for something truly special. Don't get me wrong RSR's is still a top 10 dark ride for me, but I was expecting it to be a true contender for the top spot. I put ToT, Indy, and HM ahead of it FWIW.

Before I really changed my "inside" approach I'd heard a few interesting tidbits in regards to interactive elements across the land and ride. I may share more somewhere down the road once it breaks but we will see. Oh and I loved Carsland! I thought they did an outstanding job recreating the atmosphere in every way. I was kind of disappointed in RSR's but only because the land is breathtaking and sets the tone for something truly special. Don't get me wrong RSR's is still a top 10 dark ride for me, but I was expecting it to be a true contender for the top spot. I put ToT, Indy, and HM ahead of it FWIW.

Interactive elements...if I remember from the movie there were these flowers that if you touched they went back into the ground, also remember those weird firefly jellyfishes that floated towards the main smurf cat. Possibly both could be implemented in this?

The IP would not be my choice. There was too much time between movie 1 and 2 to know how it will really do.

Disney will take (and has taken) too long to build this land. From announcement to opening is just too long of a timeframe.

Disney will go over budget and have to make cutbacks. They just always do because of them doing everything internally and just wasting money all over the place.

However, when this land is done, I have a feeling it is going to be like Cars Land. It is going to be AMAZING and look AMAZING. I am also really excited to see what else they do within AK to make it more of a night time park. While I am not into the IP (never saw the movie), I am excited about this. However the timeframe is just too long for me to be REALLY excited like I am for some of the Uni projects.

The IP would not be my choice. There was too much time between movie 1 and 2 to know how it will really do.

Disney will take (and has taken) too long to build this land. From announcement to opening is just too long of a timeframe.

Disney will go over budget and have to make cutbacks. They just always do because of them doing everything internally and just wasting money all over the place.

However, when this land is done, I have a feeling it is going to be like Cars Land. It is going to be AMAZING and look AMAZING. I am also really excited to see what else they do within AK to make it more of a night time park. While I am not into the IP (never saw the movie), I am excited about this. However the timeframe is just too long for me to be REALLY excited like I am for some of the Uni projects.

I suspect the land will overshadow the ride experience.

I suspect the land will overshadow the ride experience.

Agreed and I think the boat ride will probably be a favorite of mine since I am a sucker for a good boat ride lol I think the E-Ticket ride will just be OK, not bad, but not ground breaking Gringott good. But I think for AK it will be a good addition.

I'm most excited for the fact that, when it opens, Animal Kingdom will have received it's first addition in over 10 years. Is nobody at Disney embarrassed by this?

I'm most excited for the fact that, when it opens, Animal Kingdom will have received it's first addition in over 10 years. Is nobody at Disney embarrassed by this?
Technically I don't think this will be right. The first new ride, yes. But DAK is on track to receive it's nighttime show for 2016 from everything i've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.