Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Cavu products all seem to be knock offs and theoretical only. A Kong 360 ride, a soarin ride that doesn't tip sideways at all. That and the estimated hourly capacity of each product is DREADFUL.

under your post is aback to the future 3 pic posted on a avatar topic is ironic because the bttf ride was built after Spielberg rode star tours and he then suggested universal make a simulator based on the movies and now here we are with Disney latest simulator and your pic is of the latest bttf movie also does the name James horner sound fimilar he was the composer for avatar the move he also composed the 75th anniversary fanfare that accompanied the Universal logo at the start of Back to the Future Part III.
:saywhat:

someone has a bttf 3 tag and i just found it ironic he asked why and this is my explanation although that might be more of a coincidence then irony

Sorry if I'm late to the game, is this the ride system we are going to see used in the main simulator attraction?

Panoramic Flight Simulator
It's thought to be the ride system being used, but not confirmed.

Also, photoflight over at Magic released some aerials and some decent progress has been made since the ORL Park Pass pics were released. Here they are:

i-CJQMjvvL-L.jpg

i-SSmcrPdL-L.jpg

Reactions: rioriz
Could whoever is at Animal Kingdom for OU today grab a current park map and bring it home and scan it high res for me to see?
I know at one point there was a nice Disney guidemap fansite out there somewhere that would scan and upload every new map, but I can't seem to find it now with just a cursory Google search.

Diagonal Alley was an appitizer.

I like these, so called, theme park wars.

Ep. 1 The Rebels kicked The Empire in the nads.

Ep. 2 The Empire announces "The Death Star" and the Rebels kick The Empire in the nads again (harder).

Ep. 3 "The Death Star" comes on line. Balance is shattered. The Empire (BOOM) drops the mic.

Diagonal Alley was an appitizer.

I like these, so called, theme park wars.

Ep. 1 The Rebels kicked The Empire in the nads.

Ep. 2 The Empire announces "The Death Star" and the Rebels kick The Empire in the nads again (harder).

Ep. 3 "The Death Star" comes on line. Balance is shattered. The Empire (BOOM) drops the mic.

So where's Nintendo in all of this?

Second Trilogy? Nintendo, Star Wars Land, 3rd gate, DHS phase 3 & 4.

Ep. 1 & 2 were long and boring. It's all been building to Ep. 3. Universal and it's fans shouldn't underestimated what WDI can do when told to "bring the heat".

The second trilogy is where it all gets interesting. Kicking the 800 lb gorilla was easy when he was sleeping.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Second Trilogy? Nintendo, Star Wars Land, 3rd gate, DHS phase 3 & 4.

Ep. 1 & 2 were long and boring. It's all been building to Ep. 3. Universal and it's fans shouldn't underestimated what WDI can do when told to "bring the heat".

The second trilogy is where it all gets interesting. Kicking the 800 lb gorilla was easy when he was sleeping.

You must be hearing some good things because you are either being really sarcastic or you are actually having positive things to say about Disney :)

Hey atleast there's some rivalry to be had in terms of new offerings now. We as theme park fans all benefit. Hopefully it escalates....Disney will have to react in a big way you feel to a third gate, as that's the kind of thing that can sway where people stay onsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.