Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 1 animotronic Pandora, Rivers of Light never opening, ToT Guardians debacle, Hong Kong Castlegate which have all caused much angst are all (so far) proven to be rubbish.

Not a great month for many insiders.

Reactions: Andy
So the 1 animotronic Pandora, Rivers of Light never opening, ToT Guardians debacle, Hong Kong Castlegate which have all caused much angst are all (so far) proven to be rubbish.

Not a great month for many insiders.
I can agree with all of this accept the Hong Kong Castle. How is that proven as rubbish after a piece of concept art and 1 day of knowledge? The Castle was a copy of Disneyland's anyway.

I can agree with all of this accept the Hong Kong Castle. How is that proven as rubbish after a piece of concept art and 1 day of knowledge? The Castle was a copy of Disneyland's anyway.

I'm more talking about the rubbishing of the idea on Magic, and the Hong Kong expansion plans which came out of the blue which nobody seemed to clock.

Because we love the product and enjoy having a conversation about it. There's a group of fans who will make excuses and adjust their world views to not be confronted with ideas against their own; this leads to poor discussions and ultimately forgives bad product (which can lead to irreparable harm, see UOR in the mid 2000s). That's what it boils down to.

I 100% get that. I’m not advocating for any fans of any theme parks to ever stick their heads in the sand with regard to the product, and I intensely dislike double standards. So I think we're ultimately on (mostly) the same page, there. My point was more that I haven’t noticed too many ultra-deluded Disney fans posting here, and I don’t know if it serves any great purpose to pile on these people when they’re not even part of most of our discussions here.

So funny story on that...

Oh, I've gotta hear this. I'm secure enough in my opinions on the subject that whatever you might report won't have any effect them, but I'd love to hear if you've got some insight about this from inside the company.

Reactions: Nick and twebber55
Is this really turning into another screens debate? There are obviously pro/cons to screens. Some people enjoy screen based rides more than others. There is no right or wrong opinion here.

Heh, whats with the English & the Scots teaming up & agreeing with each other. I thought you guys are supposed to be mortal enemies. What's going on? The lambs will be sleeping with the wolfs next. Or worst. ;)

We can be civil when we want to be ;).

On a really random tangent, what ever happened to Cole?

Reactions: Mad Dog
We can be civil when we want to be ;).

On a really random tangent, what ever happened to Cole?
I was wondering the same the other day when I was looking at the top posters & likes lists. He was always in the top ten & he's just disappeared. He was always one of the coolest posters on OU. Hope he's OK.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
IMO I don't care about screens/3D as long as the ride is good. 3D doesn't affect my vision and makes the ride more realistic for me, I liked FJ with 3D better, I think the only problem I had with it is that they were giving you 3D glasses after you actually got on the ride.(I also enjoyed the glasses because I didn't have to worry about being spit in the eye by one of the spiders :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.