Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent all evening staring at that image. So beautiful, I could cry. Nothing to an arch student like a good site plan.
The part of it that interests me the most is where it says "Stage". Will there be some sort of show within this land I wonder?

Reactions: violarum
Heard Avatar budget messed with Star Wars land opening dates at DHS already. So yes a bloated and expanding budget does play into other attractions.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I remember seeing it from one angle where the facade ended but the floating rocks continued on... and it looked terrible from what will be a guest perspective.

That troubles me. Hope it gets fixed.

Heard Avatar budget messed with Star Wars land opening dates at DHS already. So yes a bloated and expanding budget does play into other attractions.
Star Wars has the same budget so (If $1Bn is ture) so i'm not surprised. They're probably going to wait until Avatar is done and open until they fully kick SWL into high gear.

Pandora looks stunning. More pictures on Blog Mickey
PandoraAerial-01092017-3.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-8.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-1-4.jpg

Looks like a billion dollars to me. *sips tea*

Last edited:
The rocks on sticks atop the warehouse buildings are my biggest concerns. They do -not- look convincing as floating rocks at all in person.

Now, something from behind the scenes:

I think those floating rocks on sticks are going to blend in well facade. It's acually going to make it seem like the land goes on for miles.

And lol at the video

I don't understand this land anymore... I thought we will get a world that will transport you to another world, and then we found it there will be a tiki bar with a hula dancing robot... that rock work must be expensive or part of the budget was given to Cameron

I don't understand this land anymore... I thought we will get a world that will transport you to another world, and then we found it there will be a tiki bar with a hula dancing robot... that rock work must be expensive or part of the budget was given to Cameron
The Hula Robot reminds me of this:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_10_at_10_28_46_AM.png

The part of Pandora we are visiting is after the first movie and sponsored by a Travel Company...Things like the Tiki Bot and the building for the QS are leftovers from the military and exploration teams that invaded Pandora.

I guess you can say re-purposing

I personally would not want to be transported to any world without a bar and plenty of cocktails flowing. While it should not have cost a billion, this land will truly transport you into a world not equaled in any other theme park experience ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.